Pictures of beautiful gray hair

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Another one

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Please feel free to post all my silver foxes out there!

I have an inclination towards natural hair styles, but I try to look for straight ones as well.

wavezncurlz - I'm going to let my gray hair flag fly from now on...wish me luck!
I'm taking the plunge! If I really hate it, I'll just color it again. :lol:

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Coloring your wardrobe to complement grey hair

Learn what not to wear with your grey hair color, and choose shades and tones that will complement your hair. If nothing else, going grey can give you a wonderful excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe.

• Jewel tones. Bright, bold colors look great with grey hair. The soft, silvery tone of natural grey hair color matches well with vivid purples, blues, reds and greens.
  • Metal tones. Warm golds, rich bronze and slate grey complement grey hair color beautifully. The metal tones add sparkle and depth to your look, which will be echoed by natural highlights and lowlights in your hair.
  • Monochromatic. White and black also provide a pretty palette for grey hair color. Accessorize with brighter jewel tones or warm metals to add life and color to your ensemble.
  • Pastel tones. Pastels and grey hair color don’t always go together well. The paleness of your hair, if echoed through your wardrobe, will blend into a colorless overall design. If you love wearing pastels, add eye-catching metals or monochromatic tones to your ensemble through jewelry and accessories to serve as a contrast to the softer, paler shades of your clothes and hair.
  • Earth tones. Natural, earthy tones look wonderful on blondes and brunettes, but on women with grey hair it may create a washed-out and bleached effect that makes hair fade away. If you can’t get away from the earthy look, add a brightly-colored or monochromatic scarf or necklace to create some division between your clothes and your hair. The brightness and contrast of the accessory will help your hair pop beautifully
http://www.vibrantnation.com/fashio...y-hair-color-pop-with-the-clothes-you-choose/

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Here is my own budding gray hair...just 1,5 months after coloring. I'll update every now and then.

Please excuse the no makeup, shiny forhead photo. :)

Attachments

• gray liten.jpg
    gray liten.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 289

Garner

FlowerHair...I totally agree w Nina_deF. You are beautiful now and will be even more stunning with the gray. I can't beleive how quickly it has shown after 1.5 months or am I misreading this?

Last edited:

greenandchic

Wow, I think I have gray hair envy now! Both my mother and grandmother when gray in their early 30 while my dad is 65 and has not one gray hair. I'm in my mid 30s and only have a few hidden strands...we'll see!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Please feel free to post all my silver foxes out there! I have an inclination towards natural hair styles, but I try to look for straight ones as well. wavezncurlz - I'm going to let my gray hair flag fly from now on...wish me luck! I'm taking the plunge! If I really hate it, I'll just color it again. :lol:

Brave girl!
I like your picture though. I can't wait to see how it comes in over time.
I have to wait for now because on on the job market and am worried about ageism. Once I'm settled, I can take the plunge. :)

deborah11

You are beautiful and your gray is lovely. You will be absolutely stunning with gray hair! you are so beautiful now and you will look just like these gray haired beauties pictured here. My best friend is early 50's and has been gray since her 30's. Her hair is so beautiful and everywhere we go her hair is "the topic". She is a real head turner, even more so with the gray hair! I want to gray and have like 2 strands.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
OMG...thank you for these beautiful pics! I have some gray mostly at my temples. It used to bother me when I was relaxed because it was the first part to get crazy after a touchup. I was never inclined to color it because I wanted it straight and I had to pick my poison. After seeing these beautiful pics, I'm hoping mine turns out half as nice now that I'm team natural.

SwtAnana

Here is my own budding gray hair...just 1,5 months after coloring. I'll update every now and then. Please excuse the no makeup, shiny forhead photo. :)

So pretty! You give me hope. I'm not even thirty yet but I've started graying in the FRONT....it's enough that I'm now coloring my grays. I don't think I'll be letting my grays fly free for a few more years but I hope I look as fab as you do when I take the plunge!

rabs77

Peeks into thread. The semi perm colors I was using, specifically garnier herbashine was messing with my hair terribly, ( it completely changed my hair texture, fried it right up)so I've decided to let go and allow the grays to have their way. By the way I love you siggy with your grays FlowerHair, you are inspiring me.

regina07

Thank you FlowerHair I needed this. The front of my hair is gray and dye-resistant. I'd like to grow it out but I'm only gray on the top to forehead -- behind my ears its mostly brown.

I actually like my gray, but not the line of demarcation. Sometimes I think I should BC and let it all come in gray.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
Peeks into thread. The semi perm colors I was using, specifically garnier herbashine was messing with my hair terribly, ( it completely changed my hair texture, fried it right up)so I've decided to let go and allow the grays to have their way. By the way I love you siggy with your grays FlowerHair, you are inspiring me.

Thank you rabs77 It feels so good now that I have made the decision to not fight my grays anymore. I can imagine it feels similar for people who go natural for the first time. Not everyone loves it, but I do and I guess that's all that matters. I get more compliments than negative comments. :)

My hair was also ruined by semi perm colors, so I switched to henna and indigo. Unfortunately, the henna color doesn't really match my skin tone, it didn't look nice.

Thank you FlowerHair I needed this. The front of my hair is gray and dye-resistant. I'd like to grow it out but I'm only gray on the top to forehead -- behind my ears its mostly brown.

I actually like my gray, but not the line of demarcation. Sometimes I think I should BC and let it all come in gray.

My stylist softened the line of demarcation with dark black/brown lowlights. That really helped, because my hair was reddish and fifty different shades of brown and black which made me look a bit crazy :) The lowlights match my natural hair color which makes my incoming grays look natural.

She also cut off a huge chunk of hair, so now my hair is BSL.

I really enjoy this process!

Ltown

Greyland
Thank you rabs77 It feels so good now that I have made the decision to not fight my grays anymore. I can imagine it feels similar for people who go natural for the first time. Not everyone loves it, but I do and I guess that's all that matters. I get more compliments than negative comments. :)

My hair was also ruined by semi perm colors, so I switched to henna and indigo. Unfortunately, the henna color doesn't really match my skin tone, it didn't look nice.

My stylist softened the line of demarcation with dark black/brown lowlights. That really helped, because my hair was reddish and fifty different shades of brown and black which made me look a bit crazy :) The lowlights match my natural hair color which makes my incoming grays look natural.

She also cut off a huge chunk of hair, so now my hair is BSL.

I really enjoy this process!

FlowerHair, never seen your hair, but inspirational is definately awesome. I'm temple gray and really should let it go, I'm at that age where the fight is over. The only reason I don't is my 70+ mother refuses to grey she said as long as their is dye she will be honey blond:lachen: the only down side is growing out the grey from should length IMO it doesn't look goo.