TWA Support Thread

Divine.

Finally starting to get some hang time! My shrinkage won't let me be great :( I'm very pleased with how my hair is growing in. The shape still looks pretty good, which is what I wanted. Left pic is from July and the right pic is from December. I usually get .5 inches a month. I want to start taking a supplement.

Attachments

• image-666911505.jpg
    image-666911505.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 136

naija24

Joining y'all in two days!!!!

Question: I transitioned using sew ins but now I'm worried I heat damaged my leave out. I wet it this evening and used some coconut oil on a piece and while it feels fuller and curlier at the base it's still very much straight. What do I do?? My hair appt for the BC is on Saturday. Do you think a full wash and condition will correct it?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!! Guys I can't believe I have a TWA, Lol! I love it...my texture is what it is and I can't change it but I feel really good about it! Im so excited about imparting more moisture by starting the MHM. I tried one of DD hair flowers but i wasnt feeling it, i don't think o know where to put it, lol...it just looked like I placed a flower on my head for no apparent reason at all. xu93texas shortdub78

What do you ladies think!?!?!?!

ForumRunner_20141219_190807.jpg
ForumRunner_20141219_190845.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

almond eyes

I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!! Guys I can't believe I have a TWA, Lol! I love it...my texture is what it is and I can't change it but I feel really good about it! Im so excited about imparting more moisture by starting the MHM. I tried one of DD hair flowers but i wasnt feeling it, i don't think o know where to put it, lol...it just looked like I placed a flower on my head for no apparent reason at all. xu93texas shortdub78

What do you ladies think!?!?!?!

View attachment 289005
View attachment 289009

Another great BC. Looks great on you.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!! Guys I can't believe I have a TWA, Lol! I love it...my texture is what it is and I can't change it but I feel really good about it! Im so excited about imparting more moisture by starting the MHM. I tried one of DD hair flowers but i wasnt feeling it, i don't think o know where to put it, lol...it just looked like I placed a flower on my head for no apparent reason at all. xu93texas shortdub78 What do you ladies think!?!?!?! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
you look great.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I DID IT, I DID IT, I DID IT!!! Guys I can't believe I have a TWA, Lol! I love it...my texture is what it is and I can't change it but I feel really good about it! Im so excited about imparting more moisture by starting the MHM. I tried one of DD hair flowers but i wasnt feeling it, i don't think o know where to put it, lol...it just looked like I placed a flower on my head for no apparent reason at all. xu93texas shortdub78 What do you ladies think!?!?!?! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
Yeah, baby!

xu93texas

It went well, so not what I expected from her website and FB page and my hair felt dry but overall it went well...oh yeah and a bit over priced. Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Yes, these stylists are over priced. I paid a pretty penny the first time I BC. This time around my husband helped me cut it.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Thank you all so very much! It means a lot to have your support and encouraging words. I feel really good about my decision to BC early in my transition, I cannot imagine the shock of handling and learning my texture with 10 plus inches of hair.

Guinan

Re-Branding
Finally starting to get some hang time! My shrinkage won't let me be great :( I'm very pleased with how my hair is growing in. The shape still looks pretty good, which is what I wanted. Left pic is from July and the right pic is from December. I usually get .5 inches a month. I want to start taking a supplement.

How do you keep your curls to the front of your hair. I know it's a weird question and maybe I'm phrasing it wrong. But I try to shingle my hair so that the curls stay in the front; like a bang. But it always separates into my natural part which is a center part.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
As my TWA has grown detangling has become a nightmare. I couldn't understand how people cleansed their hair in twists and still got it clean...I don't cleanse in twists but I detangle and plait with my DC still in before I rinse. That has made a huge difference in the detangling process, the size of the hair ball and the amount of time it takes to do it.
I forgot to add that I didn't even need a leave-in. I totally didn't even remember that until just now!

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Y'all I'm super excited. I can finally put my hair in a struggle hair clip and I now need to section my hair when washing my hair :yay:

Sometimes it's the little things. I'm super excited to do an official length check for the new year. I'm still debating on what length challenge to join; if any. I plan on cutting it alittle more to shape it into some type of style and plus one side is significantly longer than the other.

nisemac

i'm finding that if i lightly blow dry my hair, cornrow, then spritz with water and seal, i get fewer knots. i get no knots in the front/top of hair because that's the part i leave out--styling each day and twisting at night.

i have to say the half wig really helps....especially on those days when i contemplate giving up.

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I'm starting to think that I am going to be in this thread for a long time. Anytime I am near water my hair automatically morphs into a TWA...

Guinan

Re-Branding
I straightened my hurr and i'm happy with my growth so far. I so wish that my curly hair was the same length as my straight hair. I did trim alittle to give my twa some shape. Im thinking about cutting my bangs; we'll see.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20141227_184624.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141227_184624.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 90
  • ForumRunner_20141227_184648.jpg
    ForumRunner_20141227_184648.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 91

xu93texas

I straightened my hurr and i'm happy with my growth so far. I so wish that my curly hair was the same length as my straight hair. I did trim alittle to give my twa some shape. Im thinking about cutting my bangs; we'll see.

Beautiful hair!... Your hair is growing fast! How long was your hair when you BC?

Je Ne Sais Quoi

My gosh you are purdy :yep: