Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Loving the back of my hair today. It's so coily.

Attachments

• image-1730971369.jpg
    image-1730971369.jpg
    372.7 KB · Views: 112

bronzephoenix

Seduced my wng into a French roll this morning. I just want my hair up & back for a little bit.
image-512599001.jpg
image-1217378217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Has anyone used any of the organix products? I have a $7.00 off of $20 of organix products at cvs. I'm wondering if I should buy them. I don't use shampoo so I would really only be interested in the conditioners or if n they had styling products.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Hair today using my Jane Carter

Attachments

• image-3967977381.jpg
    image-3967977381.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 62
  • image-256376564.jpg
    image-256376564.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 78

KaramelKutie803

Has anyone used any of the organix products? I have a $7.00 off of $20 of organix products at cvs. I'm wondering if I should buy them. I don't use shampoo so I would really only be interested in the conditioners or if n they had styling products.

I've used their products and they are pretty good. I have tried the argan oil shampoo and conditioner and my hair was very soft and moisturized after using them. Plus they smell good as well

Joigirl

My hair has been in this clip all week and it is killing my scalp. I can't wait until the weekend! My curls are all stretched out of shape so I have to wait to restyle.

Attachments

• image-1319400382.jpg
    image-1319400382.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1785382729.jpg
    image-1785382729.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 98

bronzephoenix

My hair has been in this clip all week and it is killing my scalp. I can't wait until the weekend! My curls are all stretched out of shape so I have to wait to restyle.

Lovely! I'll be so elated when my wng sits on my shoulders again.

ckisland

Lovely! I'll be so elated when my wng sits on my shoulders again.

Me too!!!

Flatironed hair lasted a whole week!! I Dc'd and washed today, and everything snapped back as per usual :grin:. I'll decide on Sunday if I want to straight again or give my hair a week off.

ronie

My first real wash and go. (The last two times I tried it I twisted my hair at night and then took them down in the morning before they were completely dry. I also skipped the gel.) I pre-treated my hair with L'oreal Total Repair 5 conditioner (love, will revisit). I cleansed with Ouidad Curl-Cowash (HG cleanser). I then treated my hair with Shea Moisture African Black Soap Purification Masque (HG prepoo/cleanser/treatment). I deep conditioned with Koils by Nature Ultra Moisturizing Coco-Aloe Deep Conditioner (HG deep conditioner). I then used Kinky Curly Knot today (I really hate how this feels going onto my hair. On the other hand it gave good coil definition) followed by the Kinky Curly Curling Custard (I think its :love:, but what I don't like is the price :nono:). I never thought I could do wash and go's but after last night I am intrigued. Pics below:
DoDo you did a great job. I wanted to try it out tonight, but my hair recently suffered an episode of breakage. So I have to go back to basic until that is under control.
I wore my hair out unprotected in Tuesday in MYC 18 degree weather after only spraying some leave in on it. The next day, I had the most breakage I ve ever seen. Once in back to normal, I will give it a try and post.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
Products used:

Shea moisture Purification Masque as a Co-Wash

Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk used as a leave in

Redken Extreme Anti Snap Leave-In Treatment used as a heat protectant

Kinky Curly Curling Custard to style

I then diffused before bed

I did another wash and go.

I think I may take a break though. Detangling my hair was no joke, but then it never is.

ETA: ronie I will be going back to basics also for awhile. :grin: :hug2:

Last edited:

bronzephoenix

I think I may take a break though. Detangling my hair was no joke, but then it never is.

Detangling under running water (directly beneath shower stream) has REVOLUTIONIZED my detangling sessions! So much quicker & easier. Especially since I wear wng's 99% of the time. It has kept me from breakage & ssk's this time around. I don't use NEARLY as much conditioner as I used to. I strongly recommend that anyone struggling with detangling give it a go.

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Detangling under running water (directly beneath shower stream) has REVOLUTIONIZED my detangling sessions! So much quicker & easier. Especially since I wear wng's 99% of the time. It has kept me from breakage & ssk's this time around. I don't use NEARLY as much conditioner as I used to. I strongly recommend that anyone struggling with detangling give it a go. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I totally agree. I only detangle under running water with a wide shower comb. It takes about five minutes to do.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a wash n go today with As I Am products. I used the leave-in and the curling gel. Then I had to diffuse after a couple hours because I had to go outside.
The curling gel reminded me of kinky curly in texture and the way I could easily rake it through, but my curls were much more stretched when they dried and my hair took flight.

I'm going to try this again when I don't have to diffuse to see if it makes a difference.

ForumRunner_20141122_165837.jpg

ForumRunner_20141122_165906.jpg

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
put some conditioner on it as well.

I used ungodly amounts of conditioner :lol:. I tend to wash my hair in the sink though. So, I agree that using the shower stream during the conditioning process may be what I need to do differently :yep:. That and add some oil during the process.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I used ungodly amounts of conditioner :lol:. I tend to wash my hair in the sink though. So, I agree that using the shower stream during the conditioning process may be what I need to do differently :yep:. That and add some oil during the process.
doing it in the shower would definitely probably help.

krissyhair

After a few days of doing fake wash and goes (spraying water and finger combing with conditioner), my hair gets dusty/linty. There's a benefit to actually rising with water.

oneastrocurlie

No updates really. Had a good wash day today. Really like my combo of products I used. :)

Attachments

• hair pic 3.jpg
    hair pic 3.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 111

Sholapie

Hey, great thread, very fun read!
I had my first wearable wng since my hair was like an inch, it's really growing out in an ugly shape. Hopefully it was not a fluke and I can replicate it, if I can I may wng through the winter (and post a pic) :grin:

edit: it wasn't a fluke, I like it! :grin:
wng1.jpg

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Today's wash n go

Attachments

• image-3930969424.jpg
    image-3930969424.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 84
  • image-4051729170.jpg
    image-4051729170.jpg