Two overnight deep conditions before flat ironing?

curlytwirly06

Sorry to bother. I did a very hard core protein today and usually after the treatment I follow up with baggying during the day and overnight deep conditions before my hair feels in tip top moisture shape after such a hard core treatment. I just realized I am going out and tomorrow evening and am going to try flat ironing. I don't want to have to wash my hair again. I was wondering if this was okay to do before flat ironing. This is what my schedule looks like

Monday night : Clarifying shampoo, Henna (overnight)

Mid day Tuesday : Light poo wash to remove any left over henna then Hardcore protein treatment (Aphogee 2 step and Dudley's DRC mixed) Don't ask me why but my hair LOVES it. I can never get enough protein.

Tuesday night to Wednesday evening - Deep conditioning.

Wednesday evening - Flat iron.

Is this okay to do?

irisak

Wow!!!!! That's a lot of steps! How about just pre-poo, henna, shampoo, and dc, roller set, and flat iron with heat protectant. Do the protein treatment the next wash after the flat iron to strengthen the hair. If I did all you listed I would never wash my hair.

Eta: you just did hardcore protein and you're going to do protein and henna again. I'm a fellow protein lover, even my shampoo has protein but that sounds like a set back in the making. I promise flat ironing isn't that scary. Just watch the heat, knows it's more about technique than temperature, and use heat protectant.

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

You're doing way too much. Henna plus Aphogee/DRC treatment could lead to a protein overdose. In my opinion you should do a moisturizing treatment following the henna. I think you can put off the Aphogee for after you flat iron.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Sorry to bother. I did a very hard core protein today and usually after the treatment I follow up with baggying during the day and overnight deep conditions before my hair feels in tip top moisture shape after such a hard core treatment. I just realized I am going out and tomorrow evening and am going to try flat ironing. I don't want to have to wash my hair again. I was wondering if this was okay to do before flat ironing. This is what my schedule looks like Monday night : Clarifying shampoo, Henna (overnight) Mid day Tuesday : Light poo wash to remove any left over henna then Hardcore protein treatment (Aphogee 2 step and Dudley's DRC mixed) Don't ask me why but my hair LOVES it. I can never get enough protein. Tuesday night to Wednesday evening - Deep conditioning. Wednesday evening - Flat iron. Is this okay to do?

So what happened????