Texlaxers Support Thread

Luscious850

Bumping!

Just recently 'texlaxed' my hair (about a week and a half ago) with Just For Me Texture Softner and ended up with super bone straight hair. *queue eye roll*

I'm sooooo over no-lye (at least for the time being, lol

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!
I'm 3 years natural & will be texlaxing soon. I'm debating on using Mizani Butterblends (mild) since it left me under processed when I was relaxed or s curl texturuzer. I just don't want to end up with straight hair.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Bumping! Just recently 'texlaxed' my hair (about a week and a half ago) with Just For Me Texture Softner and ended up with super bone straight hair. *queue eye roll* I'm sooooo over no-lye (at least for the time being, lol

Nooooo. Really? You try using some protein to see if it my plump up a little. Sometimes the hair also changes after a couple weeks.

Luscious850

Nooooo. Really? You try using some protein to see if it my plump up a little. Sometimes the hair also changes after a couple weeks.

I did a hard protein (aphogee two step) about 2 weeks after my touch up and it's still bone straight. Lol, oh well. Back to the drawing board. Although I did add oil to the relaxer I may need to coat my hair in oil as well to get that pattern I'm looking for.

PlatinumBronze

I just texlaxed and so far I'm satisfied. I'm currently conditioning with Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. How often so you ladies texlax? I'm thinking maybe 2-3 times per year depending on new growth.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I just texlaxed and so far I'm satisfied. I'm currently conditioning with Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor. How often so you ladies texlax? I'm thinking maybe 2-3 times per year depending on new growth.

That sounds about right. I'm only relaxing once more this year.

Luscious850

That's sounds great! Are you use to doing long stretches?

PlatinumBronze

That's sounds great! Are you use to doing long stretches?

Actually I'd been natural for 3 years. After my hair dried it still looks & feels natural so I'll be doing a corrective in a few weeks. After that I'll just texlax based on my new growth which I'm assuming will be every couple of months.

lana

Anyone else have a problem with their texlaxed hair looking "dry"? I use Mizani Butter Blends (Lye) relaxer. I'm really happy with the curly look and that certainly looks and feels moisturized, but whenever I straighten, it looks shine-less and dry.

Texlaxing has left my hair long and healthy, but I'm considering an all over rinse or something to give it some shine/life. Any suggestions? Just hit me back with an lana so that I can check back. Thank you!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Anyone else have a problem with their texlaxed hair looking "dry"? I use Mizani Butter Blends (Lye) relaxer. I'm really happy with the curly look and that certainly looks and feels moisturized, but whenever I straighten, it looks shine-less and dry. Texlaxing has left my hair long and healthy, but I'm considering an all over rinse or something to give it some shine/life. Any suggestions? Just hit me back with an lana so that I can check back. Thank you!

I switched from mizani because I was having the same problem. When you straighten, what do you use? I notice using a serum my hair comes out shinier than using anything else. But my hair usually does look slightly dull. I would recommend a rinse or just switching up products.

Luscious850

Actually I'd been natural for 3 years. After my hair dried it still looks & feels natural so I'll be doing a corrective in a few weeks. After that I'll just texlax based on my new growth which I'm assuming will be every couple of months.
I try to go for every 12 weeks. I feel like it's not too long and not to short of a stretch.

Last edited:

lana

Saludable84 - thanks for your reply. Would you mind telling me which relaxer you switched to? I need to stay with a lye relaxer (no mix) because no-lye relaxers always break my hair and I don't retain length with them.

I use Chi Silk Serum to straighten. I spray my hair with CHI Heatguard (not sure of the name) - it's their heat styling spray. Then I flatiron after blow drying. I just started using Kemi Oyl and I noticed that it looks healthier, shinier. But I haven't tried it on freshly washed hair yet.

Luscious850

Saludable84 - thanks for your reply. Would you mind telling me which relaxer you switched to? I need to stay with a lye relaxer (no mix) because no-lye relaxers always break my hair and I don't retain length with them. I use Chi Silk Serum to straighten. I spray my hair with CHI Heatguard (not sure of the name) - it's their heat styling spray. Then I flatiron after blow drying. I just started using Kemi Oyl and I noticed that it looks healthier, shinier. But I haven't tried it on freshly washed hair yet.

I would like to know which relaxer as well because that no lye just for me leaves me with an awful texture and it relaxed my hair bone straight. :-/

vkb247

I would like to know which relaxer as well because that no lye just for me leaves me with an awful texture and it relaxed my hair bone straight. :-/

I stopped using relaxer mixed with conditioner and switched to good ol scurl a couple of years ago but I used any lye relaxer. I never used no lye because my hair hates it

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Saludable84 - thanks for your reply. Would you mind telling me which relaxer you switched to? I need to stay with a lye relaxer (no mix) because no-lye relaxers always break my hair and I don't retain length with them. I use Chi Silk Serum to straighten. I spray my hair with CHI Heatguard (not sure of the name) - it's their heat styling spray. Then I flatiron after blow drying. I just started using Kemi Oyl and I noticed that it looks healthier, shinier. But I haven't tried it on freshly washed hair yet.

I don't know how I missed this.

I switched to linange Shea butter relaxer. I use IC Fantasia hair Strengthener to coat my hair before hand, then use some Hollywood Beauty grease to coat on top.

jade998

I'm 3 years natural & will be texlaxing soon. I'm debating on using Mizani Butterblends (mild) since it left me under processed when I was relaxed or s curl texturuzer. I just don't want to end up with straight hair.

I have been using Silk Elements Mild and it has done me right all the time. Even when I couldn't buy it here in London, I got friends to buy each time they went over.

When I used another relaxer (motions mild) in the meantime it set me back alot. Had to start again. Currently shoulder length moving to Apl soon

Evolving78

I'm here ya'll! I texlaxed after a 3 month stretch. I used profectiv and left it on for a total of 20 mins of applying and processing. I am slow. I didn't smooth. Next time I will add some oil. I plan on doing this every 3-4 months. In here for tips and pointers! Glad someone bumped this thread!

H0tPinkButtafly

I'm here ya'll! I texlaxed after a 3 month stretch. I used profectiv and left it on for a total of 20 mins of applying and processing. I am slow. I didn't smooth. Next time I will add some oil. I plan on doing this every 3-4 months. In here for tips and pointers! Glad someone bumped this thread!

What strength relaxer did u use?

PlatinumBronze

Wow I didn't realize that I hadn't texlaxed my hair since last summer. I never did do that corrective but this time around I'm aiming for true texlaxed hair since my hair still looks natural. I'm going to use butter blends again and add oil & conditioner.

Aggie

Neither have I PlatinumBronze. I haven't texlaxed mine since last spring actually. I had damaged my hair from a Chi Enviro Blowout last year and cut it off all the way down to 2 inches and since then I've been wigging it out trying to grow my hair out again. I don't think I will be texlaxing it again anytime soon either.

I plan to keep wigging it out for at least another year and see how my hair is doing after that time and then decide what I will do with it. My hair texture is still very cute and easy to manage and I'm liking it a lot right now. When it grows out longer will be the challenging phase, hence the wait.

Evolving78

I'm 7 weeks posts right now. I am going to try to stretch until June, if possible! For my last texlax touch up, I used CON straight from Eden B. It left a lot of texture in my hair. I can't tell the difference between the new growth and the texlaxed part. That is why I'm doing a long stretch. I want as much new growth as possible to avoid overlapping. I may have a corrective done just to relax the curl pattern a bit more. I just don't want bone straight hair anymore. I am hiding my hair to keep my hands out of it. I am going to detangle and wash my hair today, so I can be back on a Sunday schedule to do my hair.

mshoneyfly

I am 7 weeks post too but no more long stretches for me. When I take those Toji Life hair Density vitamins, my new growth comes in strong! Last time I texturized at 11 weeks post. That was the shortest stretch for me in a long time but it was time. This time I may go up to the 14 week mark but no more than that.

I always use the Just For Me texture softener and only leave in for 17 mins.

I LOVE this HHJ!!