Bouncy Glamorous roller set

SophieDulce

I have a big event to go to, and I want a bouncy glamorous 90's rollerset...Think Kenya moreish hair. Im natural with 3c/4a fine hair. Any tips????? Where all my expert rollersetters at????? @Lucie I need you:grin::grin:

Attachments

• image-3390306043.jpg
    image-3390306043.jpg
    411.8 KB · Views: 262
  • image-498205500.jpg
    image-498205500.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Are you trying to achieve this style with no direct heat? You may not get the look or longevity as relaxed hair.

To get this look on fully natural hair I would straighten first and put in big rollers later.

SophieDulce

Are you trying to achieve this style with no direct heat? You may not get the look or longevity as relaxed hair.

To get this look on fully natural hair I would straighten first and put in big rollers later.

I was trying to do no heat, but I can use a hooded dryer if I need to.

curlytwirly06

If you ever find out let me know. I tried for 1.5 yrs trying to master the rollerset. I have 3a-3c hair and each time it came out looking like a blowout. I am finally flat ironing because of it. Good luck!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I was trying to do no heat, but I can use a hooded dryer if I need to.

Im not necessarily trying to discourage you, but whenever i go outside with my rollerset it turns into a poof ball. I stopped rollersetting because of this. Now i just rollerset when i am going to straighten my hair. Its not worth the time and effort for me anymore.

Perhaps if you use some setting lotion and a humidity blocking serum you might get more longevity. I hope it works out for you!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
SophieDulce, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I would roller set my hair and do pin curls. They add tremendous volume. LOL, call me weird but I flip my head upside down and that adds volume, LOL! Have you tried YouTube lovie?

SophieDulce

SophieDulce, I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I would roller set my hair and do pin curls. They add tremendous volume. LOL, call me weird but I flip my head upside down and that adds volume, LOL! Have you tried YouTube lovie?

I did it, it ended up okay but i still had to flat iron the roots lol

PatTodd

My hair is similar. This is going to be work! I would rollerset, brush it out, flat iron if not smooth enough, then re-roll on big (maybe soft or sponge) rollers with a scant, scant dab of setting lotion on the ends only. Make sure you have time for it to dry in those type of rollers....another alternative would be the largesr Caruso rollers on flat ironed hair, left in extra long so bone dry, then finger comb only to style.

And oh yeah, flip your head upside down for volume.

fasika

Your hair has to be dripping wet when you put in the rollers, so keep a spray bottle handy. Add some coconut oil to your hair before setting as well. It makes it much softer, glossier and straighter than anything else I've tried so far on my natural hair. In fact, it comes out the same as when I used to do sets on relaxed hair.
Use small sections of hair to get the roots as straight as possible. You may still need to straighten the roots with a flat iron or curling iron.

DC right before you get started. I find it makes quite a bit of difference in the finished look, but also in terms of longevity (lower risk of reversion).