October 2014 Hits & Misses

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Too early to tell...
Komaza's...

Coconut Damage Control Serum -- balanced leave-in with protein & moisture. My hair didn't feel fantastic but I used it on the same day as protein strengthener. I will test this out again on a non-protein treatment day before making a final decision.

divachyk how's the texture on this leave in? My beloved Matani (still a little salty about the discontinuation) was quite thin [at least my bottle was].

CodeRed

Hit: Finishing 3 more items in my stash :grin:

Miss: Buying 16 more :look: :perplexed :nono: :blush: :spinning:

I can't even remember all the ones I bought this month... they blended in with some that I bought last month. Oh well. I've already decided I'm never going to stop buying conditioner so I'm not even going to fight it. One of my siblings needs a shipment of conditioners every 3 - 4 months so there goes 3 - 6 of them in January... and whatever doesn't work on my hair goes from my stash to my daughter's stash... by next summer I'll probably be almost out anyway. I almost ran out of conditioner late last year and thought I was going to have a heart attack. I think that's why I'm on a binge now.

RUBY

Hit: oyin hairdew as a leave in. Didn't like the smell at the beginning but it has grown on me. Plus it's super moisturizing.

Miss: this damn hairdew bottle. It's that hard plastic where it's impossible to get the product out.

Question: is the bottle for the 16oz the same?

My 16oz bottle is quite flexible. I have no problems getting the product out.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@rileypak

Another Komaza discontinued item? :ohwell:

Hmph. They really need to Quit.:rolleyes:

I'm still mad at them discontinued the one DC'er they had.

I think it was called "Intense" Therapy or something.

It ran circles around that Olive one.:nono:

Not to mention, discontinuing my beloved Scalp Butter.:look:

oneastrocurlie

Potential hit: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel
I've haven't used this on freshly washed hair yet but the last two days I've been applying in the am after applying my spray leave in and cream. I like! Gets rid of the frizz, not flaky, doesn't leave any residue. Feels like it gives my coils more definition. And it's a whole $3.50 lol.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Potential hit: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Gel
I've haven't used this on freshly washed hair yet but the last two days I've been applying in the am after applying my spray leave in and cream. I like! Gets rid of the frizz, not flaky, doesn't leave any residue. Feels like it gives my coils more definition. And it's a whole $3.50 lol.

love the whole line minus the shampoo. The cream and gel after cowashing, whooohooo oneastrocurlie

ikandi87

Hits:

the exchange thread! Some of these products are giving me my whole life right now!!!

Remington pearl flat iron! Silky smooth salon results!!!

Beautiful Textures Manageability System. Even after wet weather im still good to go!

Miss: straight hair...im so not used to it. Im ready to wash my hair after only 4 days....

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Shea Moisture Curling Souffle under hard hold gel. I used EcoStyler. My coils are defined and soft. They feel very moisturized. Will be utilizing this method from now on for my wash n gos.

Thanks JulietWhiskey for the rave review and shawnyblazes for the idea

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@rileypak

Another Komaza discontinued item? :ohwell:

Hmph. They really need to Quit.:rolleyes:

I'm still mad at them discontinued the one DC'er they had.

I think it was called "Intense" Therapy or something.

It ran circles around that Olive one.:nono:

Not to mention, discontinuing my beloved Scalp Butter.:look:

IDareT'sHair I know! Makes me not want to patronize them because I don't want to fall in like with a discontinued product. :rolleyes:
Especially when they discontinue without warning :ohwell: I would have stocked up during the Labor Day Sale had I known

Last edited:

NaturallyATLPCH

IDareT'sHair I know! Makes me not want to patronize them because I don't want to fall in like with a discontinued product. :rolleyes:
Especially when they discontinue without warning :ohwell: I would have stocked up during the Labor Day Sale had I known

This is my biggest issue with small businesses. You want to support but then you fall in love with a product and poof, it's gone. I have staples from large companies as well as small just for this reason. :yep:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Revisited Hit: Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter...great for sealing. My hair is so silky soft.

Revisited Hit: Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream...nice moisturizer, especially under that Mocha Bling.

Barbara

Princess
And each and every hair strand said .... AMEN!!

Silicon mix is EVERYTHING. It fixes everthing, revives dry hair, melts away tangles. Just everything.
-----------------------------------------------

New hit - Cantu Shea Butter. I don't know where this has been all my life. It's amazing and keeps my hair moisturised for days.

Continued hit- Silicon Mix of course.

I totally agree. It's one of my staples.:lick:

ikandi87

Revisited Hit: Silk Dreams Mocha Bling Butter...great for sealing. My hair is so silky soft.

Revisited Hit: Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream...nice moisturizer, especially under that Mocha Bling.

Did u recently buy the mocha bling or was it in ur stash?

FollicleFanatic

Hit: SM raw Shea butter masque. I was nervous BC of mixed reviews, but it left my hair nice and moist for days. Used as a DC and a leave in, perfect for my fall/winter PS. The smell has grown on me too.

Miss: SM Tahitian Noni repair masque. I HATE this product sooo much! Didn't moisturize my strands or strengthen them. Just laid all heavy on top of my hair. Real trifling. And it STANK :nono:

oneastrocurlie

Miss:

My QB AHTB being gritty. I'm hoping its not going to effect the quality but I really dislike the feeling of applying a gritty product.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hit: Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Shampoo...as a body wash. Made my skin really soft. I will be using it that way from now on since shampoo is out of my regimen.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Miss:

My QB AHTB being gritty. I'm hoping its not going to effect the quality but I really dislike the feeling of applying a gritty product.

@oneastrocurlie

Gross.:rolleyes:

Girl, Don't tell me that.:nono: That's Unfortunate.

The butter I got on swap from chebaby was smooth in consistency. No Grit at all.

Figures, the 1st time I actually break down & buy QB there would be/could be a consistency issue.:perplexed

I just stuck it in the Fridge. Didn't even bother to open it.:ohwell:

That's one good reason I always keep MHC Buttery Soy in my stash.