Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

iVR

Is anyone hear doing MHM? I did the whole regimen yesterday, and I'm still trying to decide if it'll be worth the time and effort or not. I've never had an issue with dryness, ssks, or tangles, so really the only benefits would be better curl definition and less shrinkage. Even if I don't continue with this method, I'm keeping the warm, diluted DC idea. That was the best part!!! My hair actually got less defined when I added the clay and rinsed :/ . Back in the day, I had a routine where I would shampoo and condition every 2-3 days, and I had so much curl definition. I found out shampoo gave me better results than cowashing, but I stopped because I got paranoid that it was secretly ruining my hair. Everyone says that shampoo is evil, so I backed off it.

Shampoo is only evil if you don't use conditioner afterwards.

iVR

I have really thick hair so even though my hair is shoulder length I wind up looking like Hey Arnold with a curly fro. My hair had more length when I was using this Etsy vendors products, but I haven't had a chance to restock. So do you guys have any suggestions on lengthening my wash n go? I've tried pinneappling, blow drying my roots, and banding. The thickness of my hair has defeated it all. So any suggestions?

ckisland

I'm not doing MHM. I like the results I'm seeing in the MHM thread, but I just cannot get with having to spend that much time on my my hair everyday. There some things I want to try from the regimen(clay wash and ACV). If shampoo works for you should use it. I just know that when I was permed and transitioning shampoos caused tangles and dryness. Since switching to strictly co washing I've not had any issues with tangling or dryness.

I tried MHM and it did nothing for me, I guess because I don't have an issue with dryness and my kurls/koils have great definition. So I had no business doing it anyway.

I'm low po so I already incorporated cherry Lola treatments in my reggie. The clay mask made my curls so tight i was worried about snapping my hair to get the gel in.

I think I'll revisit the clay mask when my hair is fully out of the twa stage.

Anyone else try it? I stayed quiet thinking I was the only one that hated it.

I know it's not fair to judge something on the first try, but I mixed all that crap, went through the steps, and I was not impressed :yawn: . I searched a little through the forums, and have decided to go with a super simple routine and product stash. I actually think that I might hit up the Suave again, because Captivating Curls and I had an amazing love affair going on :kiss2:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Cool challenge! How do you prevent single strand knots tho??
I transitioned about 14 months. I bc'd August 2 and I've done wash n goes almost 99% of the time. I have not had any ssk's. I wet my hair everyday and I only co wash. You can check up thread for what I use. I stick mainly products I can find locally. Some of the other ladies may have other tips. How do you wear your hair normally?

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@ ckisland sometimes we. Make things so hard on ourselves. When all we need to do is keep it simple.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Is anyone hear doing MHM? I did the whole regimen yesterday, and I'm still trying to decide if it'll be worth the time and effort or not. I've never had an issue with dryness, ssks, or tangles, so really the only benefits would be better curl definition and less shrinkage. Even if I don't continue with this method, I'm keeping the warm, diluted DC idea. That was the best part!!! My hair actually got less defined when I added the clay and rinsed :/ . Back in the day, I had a routine where I would shampoo and condition every 2-3 days, and I had so much curl definition. I found out shampoo gave me better results than cowashing, but I stopped because I got paranoid that it was secretly ruining my hair. Everyone says that shampoo is evil, so I backed off it.
I actually did the whole thing yesterday myself. I don't really trust myself when I look at my hair. I can't say that I can tell what it's doing from time to time. I did the WNG yesterday and today I did a CoWash and DC and am currently in two-strand twists for a Twistout tomorrow. I can tell my hair is longer because I can use larger parts. It just shrinks so much that you can't tell when it's dry.

krissyhair

I wanted my wash and go from Saturday to last a little longer but I kept smelling barbeque smoke on myself so I had to wash today. I did my finger detangling method and snipped some tangling ends.

krissyhair

[USER=56427]ckisland[/USER];20685163 said:
I know it's not fair to judge something on the first try, but I mixed all that crap, went through the steps, and I was not impressed :yawn: . I searched a little through the forums, and have decided to go with a super simple routine and product stash. I actually think that I might hit up the Suave again, because Captivating Curls and I had an amazing love affair going on :kiss2:

Yes girl there is no conditioner/detangler/moisturizer like suave coconut condish. And for $2.00 a liter, you can't beat it.

Joigirl

I don't think I want to try MHM. It would be nice to get some hang time, but I worry about using baking soda on my hair and whether the clay will clog my plumbing.

ckisland

@ ckisland sometimes we. Make things so hard on ourselves. When all we need to do is keep it simple.

Yeeessssss!!!! I suck at keeping things simple consistently, hence my MHM experiment this weekend :look:. My hair does so much better when I wash, condition, gel and go about my business :cycle:

Yes girl there is no conditioner/detangler/moisturizer like suave coconut condish. And for $2.00 a liter, you can't beat it.

Suave Coconut conditioner was like the first condish I bought when I BC'd 7 years ago :lick:!! Suave has some good stuff, and now I'm itching bad to try their newer lines. Now I'm going to have my butt at Walmart tomorrow!!! Thanks!!!! :lachen:

ckisland

I went out and got me the big bottles of Suave Sleek shampoo and condish, and the Suave Max gel. I shampoo'd (went a little overboard) and my curls were poppin'!! I applied the condish and let it sit for a few minutes, and when I rinsed my hair felt soooo soft and smooth :love:. I added a pump of condish as my leave-in, and added about a silver dollar amount of the gel. I have never used this Suave gel before, and I'm shocked at how well it defined my hair with such a small amount.

My hair is shinier and more defined than it was after going through the hoops of the MHM :spinning: . Once my hair gets longer, Imma stop being so lazy and start adding this gel in smaller sections :yep:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I just tried tresseme flawless curls gel.

I wasted my money.

I didn't even act like gel. There was no hold. I can see this working for loose silky types but not on my afro curly hair.

This will be the last time i buy gel. I just hate it for my hair.

Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I just tried tresseme flawless curls gel.

I wasted my money.

I didn't even act like gel. There was no hold. I can see this working for loose silky types but not on my afro curly hair.

This will be the last time i buy gel. I just hate it for my hair.

I've been wanting to try that gel for so long, but every time I'd pick it up, I'd put it back down lol. Thanks for the review!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I went out and got me the big bottles of Suave Sleek shampoo and condish, and the Suave Max gel. I shampoo'd (went a little overboard) and my curls were poppin'!! I applied the condish and let it sit for a few minutes, and when I rinsed my hair felt soooo soft and smooth :love:. I added a pump of condish as my leave-in, and added about a silver dollar amount of the gel. I have never used this Suave gel before, and I'm shocked at how well it defined my hair with such a small amount.

My hair is shinier and more defined than it was after going through the hoops of the MHM :spinning: . Once my hair gets longer, Imma stop being so lazy and start adding this gel in smaller sections :yep:

Glad you had a good hair day! I almost purchased the Suave Max gel before...did it leave your hair crunchy?

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
The tresseme curl cream actually isnt bad but the gel sucks.

your braid in your avi!!!! your hair looks so pretty! I wish I could do that

I've thought about trying the curl cream, but I hate how tangled my hair gets when I use cream vs gel. Maybe I should revisit creams, it's been so long since the last time I tried using a cream styler

Napp

Ms. Nobody
your braid in your avi!!!! your hair looks so pretty! I wish I could do that

I've thought about trying the curl cream, but I hate how tangled my hair gets when I use cream vs gel. Maybe I should revisit creams, it's been so long since the last time I tried using a cream styler

lol thanks. you could probably do a similar braid on your curly hair since you have more length

the cream is very light so it needs to be paired with something heavier. i paired it with a henna and ceramide conditioner that i bought. so far its drying well. i will post pics when its dry.

i love creamy stylers (that dont have aloe vera). I dont have an issue with tangles as long as i apply in small sections and dont just slap them on.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
lol thanks. you could probably do a similar braid on your curly hair since you have more length

the cream is very light so it needs to be paired with something heavier. i paired it with a henna and ceramide conditioner that i bought. so far its drying well. i will post pics when its dry.

i love creamy stylers (that dont have aloe vera). I dont have an issue with tangles as long as i apply in small sections and dont just slap them on.

My hair has some serious muscles lol. A single braid would probably end up sticking out from my head like a tree branch :lol:

Thank you for the tips!! I'll keep that in mind the next time I try using curl cream.

ckisland

whiteoleander91, my hair's still drying, but I did some spot tests on my dry hair, and I think that the Suave gel could leave your hair with a crispy cast if you don't use a leave-in. Personally, I don't mind the cast because it seals moisture into and out of my hair. My issue with gels is stickiness, and this gel isn't sticky at all :yep:
And you can definitely do a braid!! I could do one at your length, and my hair definitely went more out than down :lol:. If you do it on wet hair and use a ponytail holder, you'd be good to go :yep:. I remember trying to do a single braid (I could do 2 okay) with no ponytail holder, and it was like trying to wrangle the Incredible Hulk :lachen:

Napp, I love your braid too!!! It's so shiny :love:.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
whiteoleander91, my hair's still drying, but I did some spot tests on my dry hair, and I think that the Suave gel could leave your hair with a crispy cast if you don't use a leave-in. Personally, I don't mind the cast because it seals moisture into and out of my hair. My issue with gels is stickiness, and this gel isn't sticky at all :yep:
And you can definitely do a braid!! I could do one at your length, and my hair definitely went more out than down :lol:. If you do it on wet hair and use a ponytail holder, you'd be good to go :yep:. I remember trying to do a single braid (I could do 2 okay) with no ponytail holder, and it was like trying to wrangle the Incredible Hulk :lachen:

ckisland

:lol: I will try doing it in the shower and see if it works out. It would be so nice to be able to put my hair in one braid and not think about it for a week! The longer my hair gets the less I want to deal with it!! Thanks for the info on the Suave gel! I'm such a PJ :sekret:

ckisland

I read through the thread where the OP had friends who were WL from shampooing and conditioning their hair daily, and that's going to be my reggie for the next 30 days. Suave Sleek is going to be my shampoo and condish, and the gel is going to be my sealant.

Y'all, I'm trying to get to SL and out of the TWA stage as fast as I can :lachen:!!

whiteoleander91, the gel didn't dry crunchy at all. I actually woke with really soft, moisturized hair :lick:.

Mz.MoMo5235

Looks like I'm going to have to bow out yall. I just cant deal with the length any more some I'm getting braids put in

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Looks like I'm going to have to bow out yall. I just cant deal with the length any more some I'm getting braids put in
good luck with your braids. I hope to see you come back when you decide that braids aren't for you. Just kidding lol. Make sure you post pictures of your braids somewhere on board when you get them. I love looking at pictures of all hair. Don't be a stranger.

faithVA

I used Donna Marie Curl Creme on Wednesday. This Creme works great on my hair. It is soft and moisturized. My curls are extremely tight even after putting my hair in a pineapple each night. Love this styler even with the shrinkage!

:notworthy:drool:...................

Mz.MoMo5235

good luck with your braids. I hope to see you come back when you decide that braids aren't for you. Just kidding lol. Make sure you post pictures of your braids somewhere on board when you get them. I love looking at pictures of all hair. Don't be a stranger.

I'll still be lurking lol. Besides I can post wng of my hair between braids. Figure I'll get them done every 2 months. Let my hair breath for a week while I do protein treatments and DC. Then back up.

Not sure how long I'll stick with them. Havent had braids since I was a preteen o_O but I have to do something. My hair is killing me softly

Sent from my SPH-L300 using LHCF please ignore typos

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Still using the cantu naturals line. I've add the cantu naturals cowash to my routine as well. I love the smell of this line. It doesn't dry sticky I was using design essentials and that left me with sticky hair. This the third time I've tried to send this post the app kept freezing when I was trying to attach pictures of today's wash n go. I will post pictures latter.

Attachments

• image-1674229413.jpg
    image-1674229413.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 75
  • image-1594057430.jpg
    image-1594057430.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 64
Last edited: