WIG CHALLENGE 2014

trclemons

Still hanging in here. This month's wigs are Ms. Sky (short) and Ms. Isabel (long).

Attachments

• 20140903_153622.jpg
    20140903_153622.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 73
  • 20140917_132127.jpg
    20140917_132127.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 85

Aggie

I'm back on my wig challenge again and just bought 3 wigs:

Beshe Shelly in #1 and
Vanessa Collection La Jay in both #1 and #1B/30.

I watched the reviews on YT and they all seem nice. A few days ago I purchased 3 others as well:

1 Vivica Fox Kara,
2 Creta Girl in #TP4/27 and #1

So for now I have 6 new synthetic wigs to work with for at least a year:yep:.

mshoneyfly

Hey Ladies! :wave:

I've been working on my little synthetic wig collection and I'm so proud of myself.

I have one LF from Model Model that was curly so I straightened after seeing a demo on YT. Now I love it! This weekend I conditioned it in the microwave, rinsed and flat ironed it while wet to stop the tangles. We'll see how long this lasts BC Im wearing all this week. I also cut off about an inch in the back where it was rough and nappy and now its silky, smells good and ready to wear. I put a pic of it just a little up thread but it looks even better now.

I have another one from Model Model where I cut the part for some leave out but I need to henna with cocoa powder a few times to match the #2 color.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

EnExitStageLeft

I Prepoo'ed, Chelated & Shampoo'ed, Protein Treated, DC'ed with steam, Blow Dried, Moisturized/Sealed and Rebraided.

Now I'm good for another 4 weeks or at least 2 until I poo my cornrolls lol.

Anywho, I can seriously get use to this :yep:.

NGraceO

So this weekend I pulled out a wig I made in the beginning of this year as. Posted about here, but never wore. I LOVE THIS WIG! And it has now been deemed my "weekend wig" for when I'm going for a wavy/straight glam look i can't obtain with my Italian yaki. Love it! BTW: I have NO hair left out with this unit, just showing some edges.

Next up, I'm looking to play with a short LF wig I bought at the beginning of the year that I also never wore.

I'm back to enjoying my wigs. Yay!

Attachments

• image-3876201157.jpg
    image-3876201157.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 124
  • image-3760136711.jpg
    image-3760136711.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 117
  • image-974008807.jpg
    image-974008807.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 108

NGraceO

I am good with securing it to my head so that it doesn't fly off. I just can't quite figure out how to do the updos. Like, how to bun and pin the bun down like you did in some of your styles you showed us. Hope that made sense. NGraceO

Hey, I usually did my bun in the style of the "southern tease bun." Google it!! Im pretty sure theres a tutorial on how its done.

mshoneyfly

My Italian yaki upart wig came from April Lace Wigs today :)

Its the most beautiful hair I've never had! LOL! Its sooo soft and looks perfectly hydrated. Smells good too. Ive never had a wig of this quality before. It fits perfectly too. I have a big head and the medium sized cap fits nicely. This wig is not for everyday!

I got it in 1b,18 inches. I think the color matches my own hair pretty well but I wont know until I flat iron and get my leave out together. Now I wish I would have gotten the silk top :( thats what I get for being cheap. But Im only gonna wear it on special occasions anyway so I guess it wont be too much trouble.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
My Italian yaki upart wig came from April Lace Wigs today :)

Its the most beautiful hair I've never had! LOL! Its sooo soft and looks perfectly hydrated. Smells good too. Ive never had a wig of this quality before. It fits perfectly too. I have a big head and the medium sized cap fits nicely. This wig is not for everyday!

I got it in 1b,18 inches. I think the color matches my own hair pretty well but I wont know until I flat iron and get my leave out together. Now I wish I would have gotten the silk top :( thats what I get for being cheap. But Im only gonna wear it on special occasions anyway so I guess it wont be too much trouble.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Uhmmm pics?

MamitaLolita

Just ordered my first wig! Nothing fancy, has an invisible part at the top so I can pull out a front section. Ill start with that and work my way up. I'm going to post pics once it comes in the mail.

AtlantaJJ

I should have joined this challenge because I've been wearing my wig all year. I wear it because I workout in the mornings, then go to work. It's either workout, or do my hair. I decided I working out is more important. I wear my hair braided under my wig, I take it off every night. I wear my hair out on weekends and while I'm working out. This works great for me because my hair is growing and I lost about 18 lbs!

MuziqizLyfe

I successfully transitioned over 16 months with sew ins so I'm officially natural, yay! I'm not at my length goal to wear it out yet (would like to be BSL stretched) I want to officially cut my ties to stylists and wear wigs to finish out my growth journey. I LOVE the thought of having access to my hair & thoroughly washing weekly but I know nothing about the wig world. What are the good sites to purchase good quality wigs? Do any of you sew your wigs down? How often do you switch up your wigs?

guudhair

^^ I bought two curly synthetic wigs from Luxe Beauty Supply and two human hair boy cut from Wig Types. I love all four of them! I plan on wearing each one for about one to two weeks before rotating. I never wore wigs before and have to learn how to flatten my hair. I wore one for the first time today and my head looked hugh because of my failed attempt at cornrolls :-(

Use welcome15 for a discount if you get one from Luxe

mshoneyfly

guudhair
I was having the same problem (bumps and lumps showing) even with a fresh texturizer and fine strands so I flat twisted instead of braiding.

Here is the one Im wearing today

image-281387265.jpg

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Evolving78

do i use shampoo on my human hair wig? it's straight hair? do i just wash and deep condition it? i like to use my flat iron on it, so i want to remove buildup.

trclemons

Checking in with photos of my October wigs: Ms. Judy (short) and Ms. Yona (long).

Attachments

• 20141001_074616.jpg
    20141001_074616.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 20141017_111242.jpg
    20141017_111242.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 103

NGraceO

I haven't done anything to my plaited hair besides spritzing my moisturizer on nightly for two weeks.

I feel like I should feel bad buuuuuuut. Meh. #WigLife