September 19,20,21..What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans??

atlien11

Im hiding my hair this week so leaving it alone. i did grease my scalp with a mix of MN and Green Magic (Liquid Gold Product). I greased and retwisted. I haven't greased my scalp in years lol.

Im not crazy about the scent tho :ohwell:

shannyjones

oil treatment. thinking if i should try to use olive oil. Anyone tried to put olive oil on hair and wrap it with a towel for 10-15 minutes? dpes it really help?

Bun Mistress

Bun Mistress

Everything sounds interesting. I've never heard of black sugar treatment.

Pennefeather

Its easy to make hot water and brown/black sugar. 4.5oz sugar to a cup of water then dilute until runny, I work backwards and just add sugar to boiling water until it slightly thickens. You only need about a 1/4th of a coup for you hair thinned out.

The books says that Black Sugar Syrup treatment for the hair is nourishing and tones the strands. It strenghtens as a concentrated dose of minerals. If your hair is dull or dry mix this with sesame or camellia oil (I do this). Apply to scalp and hair and place warmed towel on your hair for 20 minutes and rinse. (pre-poo treatment).

Off topic, I have notice that my hair/curl pattern is much....looser on this regimen. I still thrown in a conditioner at some point in the regime, but I may try to leave it out at some point and see what happens.

AyannaDivine

Im blow drying my natural hair for the first time ever. The plan is to blow dry on cool and then flat iron it. We'll see how everything turns out.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Overnight Pre-Poo: LACE Naturals Ayurvedic Spritz scalp massage/scrub; APB Ayurvedic Oil, APB Hurry Up and Grow Oil, & KV Fenugreek Oil with peppermint/rosemary/tea tree EOs on scalp; SD Destination Hydration & Camellia Oil on ends under heat cap
Cleanse: Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Protein Treatment: Claudie's Protein Reconstructor with APB Green Powerhouse Oil
DC: BRB Cocoa Coffee Rhassoul Hair Mask with Camellia Oil under steamer then leave in overnight
Post-Wash: APB Green Apple LI, Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls LI, Jason Vitamin E Oil, Amika Obliphica Heat Defense Serum

myronnie

Taking down twists using garnier sleek and shine conditioner. Wearing a twistout. Have to work some tmrw and visiting my family.
When I get home:
Washing in twists
Apply my oil blend to scalp and hair
Prepoo with Claudies fortifying
Shampoo with nexxus frizz defy
Deep condition with Claudies avocado
Twist with oyin hair dew, apb ayurvedic cream, and kizuri olive shea

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
- Deep condition overnight with MyHoneyChild Olive You DC
- Shampoo with black soap
- Condition with HE LTR
- seal with homemade oil mix
- flat twist with a wet butter

Last edited:

cynd

My Hot Head heat cap just arrived and I couldn't wait to use it. Just did my second HOT this weekend.

nmartin20

Prepooed with SM Purification Masque and Shescentit's Coconut Sorbet (during On the Run Tour). Forgot to wash my hair (cray, cray). Overnight deep conditioned with LACE Brahmi Root Hair Masque (this stuff is super, super thick.. provides great slip, light scent. I was able to detangle after washing this easily). Oiled my scalp with Hairveda's Almond Glaze...styled with LACE's Silky Aloe Curl Pudding and More Moisture Cream). Placed my hair in several medium twists. Great second use of LACE products!!

cynd

Which oil did you use? How was the hot head? Did it stay hot long?

myhairgrowstoo

I used KJNaturals Tingle this time and I plan to use EVOO next time. So far, the HH looks better than it works. It is supposed to hold heat for 30-45 minutes I believe, but I had to put it back in the microwave after about 20 minutes. I like the weight of it though and of course the portability. Not sorry I bought it but do wish it held heat a little longer.