APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

iLurk

I just realized it has been a year since Ive decided to turn my hair around. My regime wasn't bad per say then but the problem was that I was just too rough with my hair which caused a lot of breakage and loss of length. My hair was very uneven because of it and there were patches in my hair that just seemed never to grow. I took a pic today to compare with one I found from last september. both are on wet hair.

mshoneyfly

I did my texturizer tu yesterday at 15 weeks and flat ironed today. There is a significant diff between the the bone straight ends and the new hair. BC of that, my hair is the same length as this time last year -_-

Im really annoyed BC I had soo much NG. Seriously considering chopping of the ends. Maybe I should even just stop relaxing all together! Im wearing wigs now anyway.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I saw so many pretty wigs at the bss Friday. Most of the ones I like are human hair blends (whatever that means :look:). I like the kinky straight texture. I am probably going to end up getting a new one next month, because I only have about $50 a month in my budget for hair. I'm glad I have self control. One can go broke in the bss :lachen:

apple_natural

Long time guys...

My hair has been in sew-ins since about June. I clipped the heck out of it because I had gross ends. Ugh. So to keep me from shaving, I braided it up. I'll be surprised if I'm shoulder length by the end of this year. If the ends are still gross, I'm going to have it cut professionally into a bob. We'll see

Eta: oh and I forgot. I bought a wig from fingercomber.com. they get mixed reviews but I tried it anyway. Haven't received it yet. Just ordered it Friday. .. so I guess I'm going to wig up this entire winter and probably braid the spring and see what we have next june after a year of the clipping.

Last edited:

bluenvy

After my bc last year, I had to chop about 2 inches more to even things up. Here is September 2013, and today's length. Maybe closing in bsl by December.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 54

PlainJane

So since I've decided to maintain APL and trim every few months, does that mean I can start using heat again?
Also, the further I get into this transition, the more I think BSL is my ultimate goal length. Hopefully it gets easier with time.

apple_natural

So since I've decided to maintain APL and trim every few months, does that mean I can start using heat again?
Also, the further I get into this transition, the more I think BSL is my ultimate goal length. Hopefully it gets easier with time.

No! To the heat lol. You want to maintain not lose. Heat is the devil. I repeat: heat is the Devil :) .... if you ask me of course.

BSL is a beautiful length

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I washed my hair today. I prepood with Alter ego, shampood with Keracare detangling poo and conditioned with Keracare humecto. I did 9 big plaits to go under my wig. I usually do more, but it's late and it's tv time with my honey :blush:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
How is everyone else doing? Hair wise, life wise, etc...

My sciatic nerve has been killing me since July 23rd and yes I remember the exact date lol. My daughter and I were in new york for a week and I dk what I did but it's been hurting ever since. I think all that walking that my fat a** ain't used to did a number on me. Anyway hair wise I'm doing good. My hair has been in a sew in for almost 3 weeks. Sunday will make 3 weeks. I've washed my hair once since having the install. My leave out I just flexirod it and it comes out str8. I'm not good at traditional rollerset so that's why I use the flexirods. Other than that smooth sailing so far. Hope to get some good retention when I redo the sew in on November 23rd. I cant manipulate my hair so this helps.

mshoneyfly

Im wearing wigs and my hair is doing a lot better. I need to take a pic of my length bc I have serious hairnorexia, lol! Its prob longer than it seems to me. I used some of that Claudie's hair cream to oil my scalp the other night and it really hydrated and strengthened my hair. The stuff stinks but its really doin' me right.

Got my Italian yaki Indian remi upart wig the other day and its beautiful. Its the nicest wig I've ever seen. Very high quality. It looks just like a thick head of natural blown out hair. Im gonna try it on this weekend after my next henna indigo and flat iron it straight. My hair is not quite dark enough to wear it yet. I will post pics when I get it together.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Im wearing wigs and my hair is doing a lot better. I need to take a pic of my length bc I have serious hairnorexia, lol! Its prob longer than it seems to me. I used some of that Claudie's hair cream to oil my scalp the other night and it really hydrated and strengthened my hair. The stuff stinks but its really doin' me right.

Got my Italian yaki Indian remi upart wig the other day and its beautiful. Its the nicest wig I've ever seen. Very high quality. It looks just like a thick head of natural blown out hair. Im gonna try it on this weekend after my next henna indigo and flat iron it straight. My hair is not quite dark enough to wear it yet. I will post pics when I get it together.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I'm so jealous of your new wig! Can't wait to see pics. We all probably have hairnorexia lol.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am doing well. I have been wearing my long wavy wig. When it gets too hot I clip it up and it's super cute. I have been exercising daily (go me) so that I will look good in my Halloween costume. Not sure what I'm gonna be yet, but I will look great. The last few Halloweens I was pregnant or recently postpartum :(

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I am doing well. I have been wearing my long wavy wig. When it gets too hot I clip it up and it's super cute. I have been exercising daily (go me) so that I will look good in my Halloween costume. Not sure what I'm gonna be yet, but I will look great. The last few Halloweens I was pregnant or recently postpartum :(

Uh-oh work it out girl. I've been trying to workout daily but my darn leg is messing it all up for me! *inserts groan* so yeah. Can't wait to see what you pick. Are you going for a sexy Halloween look? I'm sure you will look gr8.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Uh-oh work it out girl. I've been trying to workout daily but my darn leg is messing it all up for me! *inserts groan* so yeah. Can't wait to see what you pick. Are you going for a sexy Halloween look? I'm sure you will look gr8.

Thanks girl! Last year we were Prince of Persia and Princess...year before we were ship attendants...and our first Halloween we were prison inmates. I had the orange dress and he had the jumpsuit. This year we might let the 4 kids be ninja turtles. I really want to be a zombie this year, but it might scare the kids :lol:

Eta pic of wig/updo

Attachments

• 20140926_145826.jpg
    20140926_145826.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

SpiritJunkie

Did my protein treatment (aphogee) and deep conditioned (Giovanni deeper moisture condition)..leave in conditioner miss jessie .braided (mango butter/coconut oil) and back in my wig.
my hair is getting thicker and longer with these protective styles & vitamins.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Still have my sew-in in. I'm proud of myself because today makes 3 weeks. I usually get bored and take it down after 2 lol. I'm really having fun with this install and love all my flexirod results every time. I may wash my hair tonight and set it again or just rock the natural wave pattern it has. I'm hoping that my installs until the end of the year gives me some gr8 retention! Even though I'm a slow grower I will get there. Oh and I've been applying my NJoy oil almost every night.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
One of my coworkers has the most beautiful chunky twists. She has a thick 4a texture and it is just gorgeous. She makes me want to twist my hair, but Idk how it will look with my heat trained ends :/ I guess I will try it and if it looks bad I will slap on a wig :lachen:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
One of my coworkers has the most beautiful chunky twists. She has a thick 4a texture and it is just gorgeous. She makes me want to twist my hair, but Idk how it will look with my heat trained ends :/ I guess I will try it and if it looks bad I will slap on a wig :lachen:

You can add rollers to the ends

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
You can add rollers to the ends

Yeah I plan on rolling the ends. I guess I'm concerned about the fullness. I have never attempted twists or mini braids before, but they are both really great protective styles. Also it doesn't cost anything unlike my expensive wig habit :lol:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Bumping from page 5...

I just had the best washh day ever. I did a much needed protein treatment with Nexxus Emergencee and then I did a dc with Silk Element mega moisture. My hair was soft, strong and easy to detangle. I feel good.

Here is a pic of me in my diy length check tee. The second pic is shed hair from this wash day. I guess the Alter ego is helping

Attachments

• 20141001_110125.jpg
    20141001_110125.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20141001_110328.jpg
    20141001_110328.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 32

iLurk

Has anybody here ever used a bss human hair lace wig? I need something that lasts longer than the typical synthetics but I don't think I am ready to come off $200+ for a custom one just yet.

Adiatasha

2 more weeks until this sew in is out. After 3 months.

My plan is to use terressentials mud wash in lemon flavor and perform their detox. I've never used it before. Or should I go for the MHM?

The last time I saw my hair it looked like this ...

image-2466329513.jpg

I have 4c Hair