WIG CHALLENGE 2014

mshoneyfly

Rozlewis

Hey ladies,

Glad to see this thread still going strong! Great answers to the wig regimen question. Keep 'em coming.

I've been weaved up for 6 weeks now and ready to take it down soon. I bought two new synthetic wigs a few weeks ago (they were on sale) but now Im looking at these human hair wigs from eloquenthair.com

http://www.eloquenthair.com/mongolian-romance-curls-part-it-lace-wig/

http://www.eloquenthair.com/brazilian-remy-hair-part-it-lace-wig/

What do you think?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

mshoneyfly

I like those wigs. I have the Kinky Straight wig from eloquent hair.com and I love the way it looks and feels. I also like the 2 you are considering. I was contemplating purchasing a curly wig from them but I am going to wait until Black Friday before I purchase another one.

I have not had the courage to wear the my wig out yet. I am trying to get used to seeing myself in a wig.

mshoneyfly

Rozlewis
I understand the hesitation to wearing them out. I didnt have a problem with it cuz I work with ALL black people and everyone wears a wig or a weave. I just joined the club. Girl, go 'head and do it. Just ignore any stupid comments and maybe they'll get the hint.

I like that kinky straight one too, though.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Rozlewis, I don't mind wearing wigs while riding my motorcycle but at work is a different story. I'm not so much worried about what others think, I have this issue with wearing wiggy looking wigs. However, all that may be changed with Creta Girl. That wig doesn't scream wiggy. I truly appreciate NGraceO for introducing me to her.

Evolving78

Hey ladies,

Glad to see this thread still going strong! Great answers to the wig regimen question. Keep 'em coming.

I've been weaved up for 6 weeks now and ready to take it down soon. I bought two new synthetic wigs a few weeks ago (they were on sale) but now Im looking at these human hair wigs from eloquenthair.com

http://www.eloquenthair.com/mongolian-romance-curls-part-it-lace-wig/

http://www.eloquenthair.com/brazilian-remy-hair-part-it-lace-wig/

What do you think?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Those are very nice. My first week of wearing a wig has been okay so far. I washed my hair this past Friday I'm sorry this past Sunday and my . Corn rolls are intact.

hairqueenny

I'm not in this challenge but recently bought my first wig and am wearing it to work today. I feel so weird having this on and pray I can keep it on the entire day. People are saying, "you got your hair done? it looks nice" and I wish they wouldn't say anything lol. If I get used to it, I may join this challenge. My hair needs a break from sew ins and some extra TLC.

iamyattababe

Guys, I am in LOOOOOVE with this wig!!! I've been experimenting and preparing to wear it out of the house tomorrow. I did a braid out on it last night and here are the results:)

I LOVE this!! What wig is this and where can I get it from?!

Angelbean

I am joining this challenge I want to wig it sept-December since I had my hair out all summer...I plan on ordering a silk base closure and 3 bundles of hair from aliexpress at the end of the month for a wig I will make and pick up a few half wigs from my local bss too!

NGraceO

Today's hurr. I'm back to work, so I'm back to bunning. In my Italian yaki wig, of course.

ETA: this wig was tangling and matting something SERIOUS. I did a bleach bath on it, and it feels better than when I first got it! I'll keep you updated if the good behavior continues.

Attachments

• image-2307342743.jpg
    image-2307342743.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 118
  • image-1866340416.jpg
    image-1866340416.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3636312872.jpg
    image-3636312872.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image-3995841889.jpg
    image-3995841889.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 135

mshoneyfly

NGraceO
Ive been thinking of doing the bleach bath on this virgin hair Im wearing. Its time to take it out anyway.

Your wig looks totally natural and adorable too :yep:

P.S.
Im still getting that wig!!

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Evolving78

Today's hurr. I'm back to work, so I'm back to bunning. In my Italian yaki wig, of course.

ETA: this wig was tangling and matting something SERIOUS. I did a bleach bath on it, and it feels better than when I first got it! I'll keep you updated if the good behavior continues.

What is a bleach bath

mshoneyfly

I took down my sew-in and did a henna indigo gloss so now Im back to wigs. I mixed it so my hair can match that dark brown color of my wigs. I wore this one Friday and yesterday. I have another one that is a synthetic u-part where I can have a leave out. I will start with that one once I do my TU.

I also just ordered that Italian yaki like NGraceO but with a u-part instead of the silk top. I didnt wanna pay over $200 so I skipped it for now. I hope it ships out fast.

Anyway here is a pic of my hair from yesterday.

image-3719920381.jpg

I like it pretty well. I think this could be a favorite while I start beefing up my wig wardrobe.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

melisandre

Now that the weather is cooling off, I'm back to wigging it. I took a long break (several months), because I wanted to wear my natural hair more. I'm too lazy / busy to style my own hair anymore. So, I purchased a couple of lace fronts. I'll probably stick to wigs until next summer.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

Attachments

• 2014-09-15 07.54.10.jpg
    2014-09-15 07.54.10.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 165

divachyk

NGraceO, how do you pin Creta Girl in a bun or updo? I tried but wasn't successful since there is no way to secure it to the du rag and wig cap that I use.

Tchanelle

Okay ladies...I was tired of flat ironing my leave out {it was getting damaged} so I decided to go curly. Here's my new u part wig with closure for the winter.

Attachments

• CAM03238-1.jpg
    CAM03238-1.jpg
    490.6 KB · Views: 209
  • CAM03231-1.jpg
    CAM03231-1.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 182

NGraceO

NGraceO, how do you pin Creta Girl in a bun or updo? I tried but wasn't successful since there is no way to secure it to the du rag and wig cap that I use.

Hey boo! I rarely wore either of those(cap and/or durag), and the wig fit me so snugly ( I have a larrrrge head), that I didn't need to secure it. I'd removed the combs, and it just stayed.

NGraceO

Now that the weather is cooling off, I'm back to wigging it. I took a long break (several months), because I wanted to wear my natural hair more. I'm too lazy / busy to style my own hair anymore. So, I purchased a couple of lace fronts. I'll probably stick to wigs until next summer. Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

WHY are you so Gorg!?!

divachyk

Hey boo! I rarely wore either of those(cap and/or durag), and the wig fit me so snugly ( I have a larrrrge head), that I didn't need to secure it. I'd removed the combs, and it just stayed.

I am good with securing it to my head so that it doesn't fly off. I just can't quite figure out how to do the updos. Like, how to bun and pin the bun down like you did in some of your styles you showed us. Hope that made sense. NGraceO

mshoneyfly

Now that the weather is cooling off, I'm back to wigging it. I took a long break (several months), because I wanted to wear my natural hair more. I'm too lazy / busy to style my own hair anymore. So, I purchased a couple of lace fronts. I'll probably stick to wigs until next summer. Sent from my SGH-M919 using LHCF

melisandre
What are the deets on that unit you're wearing? It looks gorgeous and very natural!

I thought I wouldnt like LFs until I tried the one I posted upthread. I wanna get another one and I like that style you have.

I LOVE this HHJ!!