Hide your Hair 2014

NGraceO

Ladies, HELP!!! I NEED.THIS.WIG. Okay, I'm being dramatic, but have wanted a wig simile to these styles for a very long time. Have you ever owned/ seen one like it?

I want it human, silk top and full ace, natural brown, and high density. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUVE OWNED OR SEEN A REVIEW OF A SIMILAR WIG!!!

Attachments

• image-2959395880.jpg
    image-2959395880.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3352447989.jpg
    image-3352447989.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2787628114.jpg
    image-2787628114.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 70

BFeathers

The weave is back on :yep:

Wigging it for a week was a nice experiment but if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Sew ins lock in moisture and GROW my hair. My weaveologist was shocked at how thick it was.

Stretched in the front on my body it's about an inch and a half front the very top of my arm pits. It's growing like weeds so I'm sticking to what I know works for me :grin:

One more sew in after this then a relaxer a bit before Christmas and tons of GHE'ing through the winter

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Ladies, HELP!!! I NEED.THIS.WIG. Okay, I'm being dramatic, but have wanted a wig simile to these styles for a very long time. Have you ever owned/ seen one like it?

I want it human, silk top and full ace, natural brown, and high density. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUVE OWNED OR SEEN A REVIEW OF A SIMILAR WIG!!!

My clip-ins look like the first pic. I got it from hair obsession 3 years ago. I can't remember the name. Brazilian loose wave maybe. Take a look at their site.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hey y'all!

So my hair has been out for the past month. I am trying to use up products! But it stays pinned up and protected. I plan on getting some more marleys next month though.

Evolving78

That just sounds hot and miserable. I thought wigs would be hot but so far I'm good even in this heat. I've read about caps but that's just too much

Wetting it with a spray bottle is a good idea.

But I think I'm sticking to sew ins. The wig is nice to have for after I take the weave down I don't have to do it all at once. Take the hair down then wig it for a few days then take the braids down.

I have an appointment Saturday for cornrows to wig it for awhile but tonight I took down my braids finally and I have SO much growth. It looks back to where it was before my ear length bob and I'm so happy but kinda hating the duel textures because the NG is ridiculous and exhausting. I don't think I've ever had this much at one time. Natural is a never after tonight :nono:

I use a braid spray.

Queensheba88

I'm currently on week 4 of some box braids and I will be taking these out next week. With this south Florida heat n sun I need something cooler. Been wiggling for the last 7 months so I'm going into a sew in after I take these braids out.

msbettyboop

Taking out my cornrows next week, super duper pampering my dry ends for 3 weeks and then back into braids for 8 weeks. 4 months to go in 2014...:)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

EnExitStageLeft

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Transitioning
Current Hair length: BSB (??)
Hair length goal: (MBL)
Products being used: Too many to name :lachen:
Regimen: Wash every 2 weeks, Moisturize daily
Wig/Weaves/Braids: Half Wigs :)
How long will you be in the challenge? Till December 2014

levette

Results from June hair trim to September from mostly wearing half wigs

Attachments

• image-1888914684.jpg
    image-1888914684.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 97

Stormy

Well, I wasn't diligent enough at first. Wasn't hiding my hair enough. Then from April to August I got better and I got only an inch or so, but a lot of thickness! A lot of layers caught up. I can't really explain it, but it's as if maybe my hair had to get healthier first before length. I thought it WAS pretty healthy, but I guess not enough.

levette

@ haviiland my regimen which i need to get back to was simply washing every 5 days, conditioning with aussie moist or whatever my hair needed, deep conditioning, air drying, and plaiting my hair in two braids with leave in moisturizers (african pride olive oil lotion, olive oil or evcoo) and pinning them up with a barbie pin criss-cross. I then covered my braided hair with a satin bonnet and placed the half wig on top of it. I just ordered myself a new wig and can't wait till it comes in the mail this week. (outré vera) I have been wearing my hair out the past week but I am ready to resume this challenge. * Now I do take my 2 plaits down and detangle prior to washing but I barely lose any hair. I think for me this is easier versus trying to cornrow my hair.

Last edited:

Evolving78

my regimen which i need to get back to was simply washing every 5 days, conditioning with aussie moist or whatever my hair needed, deep conditioning, air drying, and plaiting my hair in two braids with leave in moisturizers (african pride olive oil lotion, olive oil or evcoo) and pinning them up with a barbie pin criss-cross. I then covered my braided hair with a satin bonnet and placed the half wig on top of it. I just ordered myself a new wig and can't wait till it comes in the mail this week. (outré vera) I have been wearing my hair out the past week but I am ready to resume this challenge.

I'm going to get some moisturizer. I'm going to follow your Reggie since I think it will work better for me, but it will be full wigs. I need to wash them and get some wig stands today

Last edited:

Igotstripes

I've been looking for. challenge like this! I have some box braids in right now! I hope to keep them for 6-8 weeks.

Stats:
Natural
Current Hair length: SL

Hair length goal: APL for now but WL overall

Products being used: Shea Moisture, Kynxx, Proclaim Argan Oil,

Regimen: I try to wash & dc every week or so. I moisturize regularly

Wig/Weaves/Braids: Braids, maybe a wig

How long will you be in the challenge? Until December

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
:wave: I will hide during the cooler months which are coming soon. Until then, I will mostly lurk. I need a good wig cap option b/c I think stocking caps are too drying. Suggestions?

Rozlewis

:wave: I will hide during the cooler months which are coming soon. Until then, I will mostly lurk. I need a good wig cap option b/c I think stocking caps are too drying. Suggestions?

divachyk

I plan t hide my hair during the winter months too. I have the Swig cap which stands for silk wig cap. Again, I have not worn my wig outside of my house but when I play around with it I use this cap and have not had any problems. If you are interested they are sold here -> http://www.swigcap.mybigcommerce.com

divachyk

Thanks Rozlewis, do you find it to be really big? I've read it's really big on some. I have a big head and doubt that will be the case but still...that held me back from pulling the trigger. :look: I wore Outre Tammy to church today and no one stared at me sideways. That boosted my confidence.

Rozlewis

divachyk

I was measured for a wig not long ago I was told that I have a small head. However, I do not find the Swig cap to be overly big on me. It is a little big but nothing that I can't work with. On the other hand in reading some of the reviews some have said it was too tight. It works fine for me but I guess it depends on the individuals head size.

divachyk

I read the opposite Rozlewis, some said it was too big. I guess it just depends on the head size that drives their review. I know I have a big head. :lol:

EnExitStageLeft

divachyk

I use a satin dome cap wavers use.

Like this...