Long hair ladies: do your roots ever 'clump'

MamitaLolita

Since I went natural, I've been dealing with cloud roots. Basically my roots have no texture and form frizzy fluff underneath the rest of my curls. It's especially bad in my type 3 section where I have fluff at the roots so mg hair doesn't lie down. I thought as my hair got longer this would stop but it hasn't. So at what length do your roots finally clump, if ever?

PatTodd

Are you talking about curl definition? If so, I can share that I realized that roots would never clump until I stopped combing my hair through at the root - I was combing the clumps/curls out and trying to recreate them. So I stopped all combing after my next to last rinse. Now I finger detangle/finger comb only and I have great definition.

constance

Are you talking about curl definition? If so, I can share that I realized that roots would never clump until I stopped combing my hair through at the root - I was combing the clumps/curls out and trying to recreate them. So I stopped all combing after my next to last rinse. Now I finger detangle/finger comb only and I have great definition.

This was my experience, also.

MamitaLolita

I don't comb my hair at all except for while I'm in the shower and that's just with my fingers. Even when it's soaking wet my roots are fluffy. They also always grow in lighter than the rest of my hair. I wonder of it's a porosity issue.

bronzephoenix

I don't comb my hair at all except for while I'm in the shower and that's just with my fingers. Even when it's soaking wet my roots are fluffy. They also always grow in lighter than the rest of my hair. I wonder of it's a porosity issue.

I agree with the finger detangling solution mentioned above. But since you're already with that, I'd maybe pay more attention to HOW you finger detangle. For example, even finger detangling can disturb curl definition if I do it in a raking manner. If I rake my fingers through my hair from hairline to nape, my hair behaves just as if I'd combed it vs. fingering through section by section directing hair away from the scalp. If that makes any sense...

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Bun Mistress

yup, my roots are puffy, I thought I was 4b at one point, howver with a no poo regemine Most of my hair clumps to 3b/3c. I think the finer the hair the more this occurs. It is better with gel.
BTW, in don't comb my hair, haven't in a while, months or more (years??)

Ig you look ar other curly girls (wt, mixed or other I think this is universal)

snookes

Since I went natural, I've been dealing with cloud roots. Basically my roots have no texture and form frizzy fluff underneath the rest of my curls. It's especially bad in my type 3 section where I have fluff at the roots so mg hair doesn't lie down. I thought as my hair got longer this would stop but it hasn't. So at what length do your roots finally clump, if ever?
What do you mean by clumping?