Why is Hairfinity so popular now?

summerof1990

Everyone recommends it.
And I'm like this has been out (if I'm not mistaking ) it was in a pink and white bottle. I believe it had sulphur in it?

I notice my biotin dosage is higher than theirs too. Mine is 10,000; theirs is 5000. The dosage is pretty low and you can get the key ingredients for cheaper at a Wal-Mart; such as, Biotin and B12.

Has this honestly increased your growth for $80 a bottle?

MizzBFly

I believe these are individuals who don't do research, have less experience than we lovely ladies:yep: and probably assume since it's so pricey it's worth it.

Plus I know they now have celebrity clients such as: Keisha Knight-Pullum(ambassador), Porsha Stewart, Sherri Shephard etc...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It isn't $80 a bottle :lachen: It has been around for years, but due to the recent celebrity endorsements and advertisements it is super popular now. I was using it, but $24 a bottle is too much for a vitamin :look:

summerof1990

I thought maybe they changed the ingredients...
I tried it in 2008 and it didn't do much however my regimen wasn't the same.

You can get biotin any B vitamins with higer dosage at local markets =/

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I dont know but I fell upon this youtube vid where this girl showed how bad Hairfinity thinned out her hair. No thanks

LexiDior

Just saw Taraji P Henson's post about Hairfinity on Fb. Honestly Ill stick to my biotin, its cheaper and I know it works.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I'm afraid to just take any ole vitamins that hit the internet. They could be safe as can be but I'm just cautious which totally contradicts my willigness to buy hair products. I mean, either way, my body is absorbing the product...but...I just view vits a little differently than hair products. All that to say, I'll stick to my GNC vits.

Maneylovee

This is not a trend....
I think because natural hair is really coming back to trend so a lot more peole are looking for something to get great natural hair without doing much research and then having celebrities endorse it like Blac Chyna, Taraji etc. definitetly helps and a lot of new naturals are concerned with length and hairfinity is one of the first things that comes up when you search anything like long natural hair,grow hair fast and so on.

charmtreese

I've been saying for a while now that these hair vitamins are the new hair hustle...and people are falling for them hook, line, and sinker. Don't get me wrong I do vitamins too...but the companies that seem to target "US" and suggest some type of crazy fast growth I stay clear of.

overtherainbow

The problem that I have with these hair vitamins is that you are taking a supplement that your body might not be deficient in. Though Hairfinity seems to be just a bunch of water soluble B vitamins, it still includes some fat soluble minerals that really shouldn't be taken unless you are actually deficient in it. Looking at the ingredients, I could tell that Hairfinity would wreck havoc in my body because I'm already getting more than enough of Vitamin A in my diet. Anytime I take a fat soluble supplement that I'm already getting enough of in my diet, I would get fainting spells. Long hair isn't worth it.

Your'e honestly better off supplementing some Biotin which is relatively safe and maybe MSM. I personally stay away from MSM because it could mess up my period and I'm not here for that lol.

SimJam

overtherainbow how can MSM mess up your periods? Ive been taking it (for joint health) for almost 5 years now with no issues .... I think

oh and "hola fellow gulten sensitive chica" !!!!

SimJam

oh and re hairfinity ... ive been seeing lots of reviews on YT ... I just figure the company sent out a couple bottles to some popular-ish YTers

Im good with a multivit, Omega 3 and MSM (all of which I take normally) I just add biotin for hair.

Eiano

My thing is if you have had long hair before Hairfinity-- what makes you think I'm gonna fall for that BS that all of a sudden you attribute it all to HF? :nono:

Are people that gullible?:ohwell:

I saw Porsha and Eudoxie were pushing it, but their hair was on point from the jump.

overtherainbow

SimJam
I don't know how exactly, but I saw a few posts on here where women would have their periods for a few weeks straight while taking MSM:nono:. And then when I looked it up, other women complained of having irregular periods when using MSM. My cousin took hairfinity (I don't know how long/how often) and she claimed her cycle changed. That was enough for me to back far far away from that stuff.

And hey there! Glad to see another gluten free-er:wave:

EDIT: This wasn't the post I was talking about, but here's a thread where the OP had her period for two weeks.:perplexed
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=33493

Found it: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=344311

Last edited:

SimJam

OMG aint no way I could deal with that periods for 2 months and such !!!!!!

Im sure I would have noticed that lol.

lenu80

Getting tired of seeing celebrity endorsements about it. I have b vitamin, biotin and juicing my veggies & fruits.

mzstarr

i found hairfinity through research on the natural hair subject in general. because i already had the BC/TWA (from transitioning which I LOVE) then developed a bald spot in the top and thinning in other areas. i already was taking biotin (my first idea) and vitamins (multi, E, D) by recommendation of my doctor for years. after six months of HF my situation is much improved to the point that i am done paying for HF and going back to over the counter biotin and may try MSM. i'm positive that "i got this" and have found my regimen/rhythm. i was desperate and stressed about the BC/natural and having a bald spot which was so not working!!! i wear glasses and am used to thin areas above my side burn/ear region but i just couldn't with the top. i was so tired of and depressed with hiding in hats. i did NOT know about the celebrity endorsements but i can tell you that they would not have influenced me, as i believe they are all PAID or should be . if not, what i do know is that they will never convince me of that AND they (celebrity or HF) certainly won't pay me!!

Stormy

I was wondering why they're so popular too because when I compared the ingredients to the GNC vitamins I'm already taking, I didn't see where HF would help. So, I'll pass.

jbwphoto1

My thing is if you have had long hair before Hairfinity-- what makes you think I'm gonna fall for that BS that all of a sudden you attribute it all to HF? :nono:

Are people that gullible?:ohwell:

I saw Porsha and Eudoxie were pushing it, but their hair was on point from the jump.

Eiano, to add to that, Rudy had long hair when she was on the Cosby show!

jbwphoto1

Hair salons in my arer have started advertising on big signs about selling HF, which we've already discussed on this site is the new formula.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I took hairfinity years ago before these celebrities but didn't commit to it and stick with it. I decided to give it another go and have been pleased with my results. I'm a slow as heck snail grower so this, plus NJoy oil and inversion gives me a good 1 in per month most of the time if I am remembering all to incorporate 3. I don't even get 1/2 in per month without them. Once I'm done with the challenge I'm in I more than likely will try the cheaper stuff...maybe.

ForumRunner_20140822_153539.jpg