Grateful for you!

mscheergrl

Embracing happiness
Hi ladies!

I have been a silent lurker on this forum for the majority of this journey. I needed to learn and now I feel that I am ready to give back. You ladies have not only helped me to grow my hair to longer lengths, but you have also served as a group of beautiful and powerful role models. It is so refreshing to come to a forum of such positive and intelligent women who empower and love one another.

Now on to the hair. I am deep into my transition (coming up on 2 years in October). Photos are attached.

Photos of my relaxed hair can be found on this thread that I posted like 3 years ago :blush: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=528921&highlight=mscheergrl
(did I mention I've been a silent lurker for most of this journey?)

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you're having an awesome day :rolleyes:

Attachments

• big hurr.jpg
    big hurr.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Web_Ashley-8.jpg
    Web_Ashley-8.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
very pretty pics! good luck with the rest of your transition! 2 years is a long time, congrats on making it so far. I was too impatient to transition for very long lol

mscheergrl

Embracing happiness
very pretty pics! good luck with the rest of your transition! 2 years is a long time, congrats on making it so far. I was too impatient to transition for very long lol

Thank you so much! I can't believe that 2 years has passed. It has been a journey for sure but can't wait for the final chop. Your hair is gorgeous, as well :)

krikit96

Welcome! I transitioned under wigs and through wearing twistouts... How have you been doing it?
How long do you plan to transition for, I am wondering?
I think I too, was about 2.5 years in when I finally said, "OFF WITH THE STRAIGHT ENDS!"

SN: It really was hard for me to make my hair look like much of anything once a substantial amount of natural hair was on my head... those straight/permed/heat damaged ends were holding me back...

mscheergrl

Embracing happiness
Welcome! I transitioned under wigs and through wearing twistouts... How have you been doing it?
How long do you plan to transition for, I am wondering?
I think I too, was about 2.5 years in when I finally said, "OFF WITH THE STRAIGHT ENDS!"

SN: It really was hard for me to make my hair look like much of anything once a substantial amount of natural hair was on my head... those straight/permed/heat damaged ends were holding me back...

Hey! Yes, the struggle with the straight ends is real! My original plan is to transition until the 2 year mark and then cut, but I might go to like 2 years and 3 months.

I did sew-in weaves for the first year of my transition. Once I got some thickness, I started playing with buns and twistouts. I straighten like once or twice a year. But, all in all, the transition taught me a lot about how to take care of my natural hair while maintaining the ends.