Dry Shampoo

twolala

Has anybody ever tried dry shampoo on your relaxed or natural hair? If you have, did it work? Does it do what it claims to do? I'm thinking about buying some, but I want to get reviews first :)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I use it to make my blowouts last longer. Im natural and usually by the second week im ready to wash. I spray my roots and the length of my hair, let it sit and brush it out. My hair is practically new afterwards. Bouncy, light, smells great. I use the Walgreens store brand (5.99)

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Not at all. It's a powdery consistency. Once you comb/brush/shake it out all the powder disappears

shiney_sapphire

I used it for a while on relaxed hair and it worked. I stopped because it worked too good and made me lazy. I used the suave brand.

Adiatasha

I use it to make my blowouts last longer. Im natural and usually by the second week im ready to wash. I spray my roots and the length of my hair, let it sit and brush it out. My hair is practically new afterwards. Bouncy, light, smells great. I use the Walgreens store brand (5.99)

Prettymetty how long do you let it sit for?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Just a few minutes. Then I shake my head like crazy to get it out :lol: Directions say brush it out, but the way my texture set up (in my Kevin Hart voice)

ManeStreet

twolala did you ever try dry shampoo? I just tried it for the first time today. I tried the Oscar Blandi Invisible dry shampoo. Is isn't filmy or chalky. I sprayed on the roots then on the length of my hair, I rubbed it in then blowdried it. It worked nicely & smells pleasant. I did it on hair that was already blowdried.

image-732465427.jpg

BeautyBlvd

Beauty Blvd.
I never liked dry shampoos, maybe it was the brand I tried (can't remember the name off hand) but it just didn't work out the way I expected.

Britt

I remember trying it a few years ago when I was relaxed and worked out. I think it was Tresemme, it smelled good but eventually I was like *** it and figured I'd just give my hair a quick wash.
Now that I'm natural, I was thinking of giving it try for when I get my hair flat ironed every so often. The last time I got my hair straightened by mid week I felt like my hair and scalp could've used a refresher.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF