Hair Growth Journey Video 2 years 8 months -Updated

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to share a client's hair growth journey. She transitioned from relaxed to natural in 2 years 8 months. She started with fully relaxed and damaged hair. Her has is now 100% natural and BSL/BSB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZDnD3faZw

We did weaves back to back every eight weeks and she came in for weave maintenance once a month and did weekly shampoos in between. At home she kept her hair moisturized under the weave.

I had this footage for a while and finally got a chance to put it all together. I hope this can be an inspiration to someone who wants to transition as well.

Be Blessed - Tamika

I added a texture pic for the curious.

Last edited:

tolly

Re: Hair Growth Journey Video 2 years 8 months

that's a beautiful transformation.
I'm glad it was a very short clip, still showcasing her hair but not too long.

candie19

I am inspired. Her hair is beautiful. Is she still wearing sew-ins a protective style? What is her hair length goal?

Last edited:

PureSilver

Healthy, thick and beautiful I love it. Short and to the point.

Eiano

Please tell me you're moving to New Jersey or are planning on moving to NJ. :(

Rozlewis

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to share a client's hair growth journey. She transitioned from relaxed to natural in 2 years 8 months. She started with fully relaxed and damaged hair. Her has is now 100% natural and BSL/BSB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZDnD3faZw

We did weaves back to back every eight weeks and she came in for weave maintenance once a month and did weekly shampoos in between. At home she kept her hair moisturized under the weave.

I had this footage for a while and finally got a chance to put it all together. I hope this can be an inspiration to someone who wants to transition as well.

Be Blessed - Tamika

dontspeakdefeat

Her hair is beautiful. You did a great job on her hair.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Can you tell me what's your braid pattern for the sew ins and how exactly does she keep her hair moisturized underneath? Do you use a net? Thanks and you are an amazingly awesome stylist! Your clients are so lucky!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

Can you tell me what's your braid pattern for the sew ins and how exactly does she keep her hair moisturized underneath? Do you use a net? Thanks and you are an amazingly awesome stylist! Your clients are so lucky!!!
HairPleezeGrow

Thank you!

It's a bit intricate so I won't go into detail but you can just check out youtube for braid pattern ideas.

The way I place the braids and weave tracks allows for my clients to properly moisturize their hair underneath.

Subscribe

Great job! I can't wait to see part two -WL. Will you continue to showcase her journey on Youtube?

trclemons

dontspeakdefeat. I just watched the 5 videos from your website last night and they were very inspirational.

Since you didn't accept the invitation to move to NJ, I would like to invite you to move to North Florida. :yep:

koolkittychick

What does her hair look like in its natural state? I am more interested in that. I don't see the point in transitioning if I am going from relaxed to heat-damaged hair. :ohwell:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
What does her hair look like in its natural state? I am more interested in that. I don't see the point in transitioning if I am going from relaxed to heat-damaged hair. :ohwell:

Who said her hair is heat damaged? She stated her client got sew ins back to back so the obvious would be to think she just str8end every once in a while for length check purposes. I do agree and would love to see her natural hair as well. The stylist focuses on healthy natural hair and I'm almost positive she wouldn't do anything to damage her clients hair including heat damage. Good question though. Awaiting natural hair pics!!!

sharifeh

2 years is a long time.
I wonder how much her transition cost her. Weaves every 2 months is also an expensive habit. Definitely worth it for her. dontspeakdefeat did she have a leave out or a net?
Her hair looks amazing though.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

koolkittychick. We only straightened her hair for length checks. Her texture is still in tact. I'll post a pic in a minute.

But just because one straightens their natural hair regularly doesn't mean that it will automatically become heat damaged.