Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

BranwenRosewood

My drain in my bathroom got clogged again..dad says it's from grease and oils down the drain.. I feel super bad because I prepoo with oils consistently :( he had to come over and manually clear the line a couple yrs ago and it wasn't easy. Of course he yelled at me but he said to just use less oils :S

myronnie

When using heavy oils, clays and powders often you should clean your drains quarterly or bi-monthly (for heavier use). If you don't want to use a commercial drain cleaner I have a recipe from the DIY Natural e-book. I've used it before and it works just as well as Drano.
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1 cup salt
• 1 ½ cups vinegar
• pot of boiling water

Pour baking soda down the drain slowly. (Chase with a
little vinegar if it's not moving.) Next pour the salt. Now
pour vinegar in slowly (use the handle of a wooden
spoon to force salt/baking soda down the drain if it has
stopped moving). Wait 15-20 minutes and flush the
drain with boiling water

PureSilver

So last night after a mini stop to get some cush, i calculated my goal length and how far it would take me to get there. I see a full BSL by Dec and WL by Dec 2015. :prays: lord be kind and gracious to me, please bestow upon me healthy thick long WL before Dec 2015, soften my NG and touch my texture in your name i pray. Amen

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I just found 16 oz's of pure organic argan oil for $20 and 16 oz's of organic macadamia nut oil for $12. *runs through the pews of the church, passes out, gets back up and fan myself*

The cheapest I've been able to find argan oil in my neighborhood was around $20 for a 2 oz bottle. A health food store near Trader Joe's was having a close out sale...I made sure the expiration date was on point before purchasing.

oneastrocurlie

So this Curlmart "sample" I got was a full sized product that goes for $12 in Ulta. Too bad I don't think I'd ever use hair spray for anything.

mzpurp

@myronnie

When using heavy oils, clays and powders often you should clean your drains quarterly or bi-monthly (for heavier use). If you don't want to use a commercial drain cleaner I have a recipe from the DIY Natural e-book. I've used it before and it works just as well as Drano.

Thank you for that receipe bc I've been dealing with a clogged drain myself and I would def rather find a more natural solution!

lux10023

bleach and apple cider vinegar work for cleaning drains too

build up can be a bleep at times...and plumbing issues can become costly...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My nerves are so bad today. Even my hair is bothering me. Everytime a strand touches me I think it's a fly or something (my hair is usually under a satin bonnet). I need a vacation and a massage and maybe a couple shots of tequila. <deep breath>

veesweets

My nerves are so bad today. Even my hair is bothering me. Everytime a strand touches me I think it's a fly or something (my hair is usually under a satin bonnet). I need a vacation and a massage and maybe a couple shots of tequila. <deep breath>

It's national tequila day. Go get your drink on and relax girl! Lol

GettingKinky

I'm 6 weeks post today and I'm like "new growth? What new growth?"

Back in 2011 I was begging my stylist to do my touchups every 5 weeks. I wanted my hair straight, straight, straight. I thought my hair looked good back then, but old pictures tell me differently.

It's amazing how much your mindset can change in a few short years. I may stretch 24 weeks or forever.

ChasingBliss

Locs are officially a week old. They look fuzzy and a little unkempt despite my efforts to keep them neat...I don't even think I'm supposed to be trying to keep them neat :lol: Anywho, I was prepared mentally for this so I'm good. I just have to get rid of the neat nelly mentality. Especially when they start budding eh?

bosswitch

smdh...ORS doesn't seem to be meshing well with my hair now after 4 years of use. Might have to start the grueling process of finding another staple DC :(

Last edited:

Victoria44

I have this new motivation to take care of my hair and get it healthy. There's all this breakage at my crown that I've just been ignoring but I'm gnna try to get that under control. We'll see how this goes..

bosswitch

I have this new motivation to take care of my hair and get it healthy. There's all this breakage at my crown that I've just been ignoring but I'm gnna try to get that under control. We'll see how this goes..

Your hair looks beautiful in your siggy and avatar.

mz.rae

I feel like a new person with this color in my head! I'm thinking about dying the whole head red or a medium brown color!

Fotchygirl

I just found 16 oz's of pure organic argan oil for $20 and 16 oz's of organic macadamia nut oil for $12. *runs through the pews of the church, passes out, gets back up and fan myself*

The cheapest I've been able to find argan oil in my neighborhood was around $20 for a 2 oz bottle. A health food store near Trader Joe's was having a close out sale...I made sure the expiration date was on point before purchasing.
lulu97 you are so funny with your gorge curls!

AgeinATL

I am 3 days shy of 21 months post relaxer. I want braids installed but I am debating on if I want to do them myself or pay someone. They seem so easy to install, just time consuming..

Victoria44

I wish I could just put my hair in some small/medium sized corn rolls, going straight back and wrap the ends in a small bun and just do that for a year. My head and forehead are too big though lol. My mom used to braid my hair like that all through middle school. I used to love the feeling of them first being done.

One day I'll invest in a good quality wig and I'll have reason to corn roll my hair.

Lilmama1011

I could never go combless. I detangle before washing, detangle in shower with conditioner under running water, comb out real quick to apply deep conditioner(so it's basically detangled ) and as I'm applying relaxer style a couple more shedded hair comes out.

Lilmama1011

I really need to figure out how I'm going to be deep conditioning because the hooded part kept falling back on me. I need to get a cap asap.