WIG CHALLENGE 2014

gabulldawg

It may be about time for me to get a new wig... I have been wearing this wig out. :lol: I straightened it a few days ago for a new look and I'm not really feeling it. I will probably buy the same wig. I love it. :yep:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Please tell me how you are achieving this:look: Prettymetty

Mine are worn everyday though.

I only wear my wigs 3 times a week. I put it on right before work and I remove it as soon as I get home. When im in the house I wear my celies. Idk what it is, but all my short wigs lasy forever. But im talking real short. Neck length and longer always seems to tangle in the nape area

Michelle1971

After wearing my hair out for a couple of weeks I'm back on my wig game.
I decided to trim up my older Runway Girl half wig. I like it a lot like this...

ojemba

I'm getting a weave tomorrow only because the only stylist that I get a weave is visiting for the weekend. I had an urge to creat a new unit today. All my friends taught I cut my hair loll.

image-2373786060.jpg

image-2133841059.jpg

image-193405159.jpg

gabulldawg

Anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced wig like this??

Attachments

• image-1016924225.jpg
    image-1016924225.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 90

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I bought some dark brown dye for my yaki straight lace wig. I ordered a #4 but it looks more like #30. After I dye it I will let it air dry so I can have a kinky straight texture

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I am not amused at Hairsisters and Wigtypes.

I came home and both boxes were sitting at the front door.

Every other time I've made an order, a signature was required through UPS and UPS wouldn't even bother to knock before they put a ticket on the door and bounced.

Any which way, I'm glad to have my hurr. I will be taking down my Havana twists this weekend and seeing which new do I'ma have.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I think my everyday wig is getting a little ratty at the ends. I'm trying to decide if I want to do something wavy for summer.

jessicarabbit

How's it going Hun?
Better than expected, glad I didn't shave it off...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now with the use of daily cowashing and Ayurvedic rinses. My hair can only fit in a little "chicken head" ponytail lol , but hey gotta start from somewhere. Thanks for asking How r you?

NGraceO

Better than expected, glad I didn't shave it off...I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now with the use of daily cowashing and Ayurvedic rinses. My hair can only fit in a little "chicken head" ponytail lol , but hey gotta start from somewhere. Thanks for asking How r you?

LOL @ chicken head!! Glad to hear it getting better. Everything's good over here! Enjoying my break from wigs. I do wonder when I will get back, and hope my decision to break from wigs won't affect my ability to retain length this year. Well see.

trclemons

My last update was of wig #5, so I am playing catch-up with my wig updates. The following attachments are of wigs #6 - #8 (Ms. Carmen, Ms. Babe & Ms. Honor), which came from www.blackhairspray.com, www.samsbeauty.com & www.wigtypes.com.

I will be rocking Ms. Honor until the end of the month and then I will switch again. I am still thoroughly enjoying this wig challenge and so are my co-workers. Each week they come and find me to see if I've changed wigs. They have even learned the names of each wig and have picked their favorite. It's interesting because the women are varied in their selection (i.e. they've chosen both short & long wigs as favorites), but the men tend to pick one of the long wigs as their favorite.

I'm still washing and braiding my hair every 2 weeks while trying not to be a length check Nazi. A third of the year is almost over, so let's hang in there ladies. Happy, Healthy, Hair Journey!!!

Attachments

• 20140315_174156.jpg
    20140315_174156.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 20140402_192818.jpg
    20140402_192818.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 20140416_114329.jpg
    20140416_114329.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 130

Crackers Phinn

I'm so disappointed by my last batch of wigs.

Outre Onyx - The style is good if you turn the wig so that the part is on the side instead of the middle, but the wig cap squeezes my brain.

Outre Tammy- still trying to figure this one out.

Sensationnel Shantel- This is a spiral set that seems to have 3 heads worth of hair on it. It's like the density on this thing is 500%. I could make a wig with the amount of hair I'm going to have to cut off this thing to make it wearable.

Glance Tropical Spice- Rick James wants his hurr back. It's so beyond being a Jerri curl.

Bobbi Boss Tori- I had to use my amateur cutting skills to make this wig less poodle like. It's workable but not great.

And to top it off. The only wig besides La Efrah that is ready to wear with no work is my Freetress Bailey. I put foundation on the part and now it's bright orange. I don't understand. The foundation doesn't look orange on my skin. I've ruined this wig. I tried to use makeup remover to get it out but it's stained.

gabulldawg

I was nervous about the bob at first, but now I love it! It's so crisp and clean. Definitely looks good on me. :lol:

Crackers Phinn

Outre Tammy- still trying to figure this one out.

I ended up cutting this from a little past apl to shoulder length and it is very natural looking, big head friendly half wig. The only bad thing is that the 1B I ordered is more like a 2, so I don't think I'll be able to blend without using a headband.

This is without a doubt the largest wig cap I've ever encountered.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I looked for a new wig today, but I couldn't find one I liked. I really wanted a wavy-curly one :(

ETA: I think I want something like this, but shoulder-length and not lace front.

Last edited:

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I've decided to take a break from wearing wigs for a while. I noticed that my edges are thinning out so I am going to take some time to baby my hair.

djkforeal

I have also been taking a break for the past 2 weeks and I noticed that my hair is rather frizzy even when I straightened it and I don't really know why. I am waiting on my full lace wig to arrive from China, then I will be back to rocking my wigs until Sept. or the end of the year to do a length check. I cut off about 1-2 inches off my ends and I don't really want to cut anymore but if they are super thin and stringy then they are chopped! I cut them when my hair was curly so that is why they are curly ends in the pic below. I will show a pic of my new wig when I get done tweeking it. I want to add color to the 30 color that will be in it and I want to ombre the ends blonde for the spring/summer months.

Attachments

• chopped curly ends IMG_3732.jpg
    chopped curly ends IMG_3732.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 95

jessicarabbit

Attachments

• image-4169203842.jpg
    image-4169203842.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 118
  • image-2846945532.jpg
    image-2846945532.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 116