APL/BSL 2014 Challenge

bluenvy

i really think no one handles my hair the way i handle. even when SO helps I'm giving him the evil eye and that starts an argument. oh well don't help me. i can feel my hair getting tugged at the root

Yes no one will be as careful as we are on our heads, but I need someone that will put in afford. She even wanted to cut my hair, I just got a trim a week ago lol. I'm closing in on Apl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 84

mshoneyfly

I did my TU on Friday at 12 weeks post after taking down yarn braids a few days earlier. I was underprocessed from the previous TU so I had a LOT of NG. The problem?

Only the underprocessed part got straight and my ends were protein overloaded. Before the TU, I hennaed and did a keratin protein treatment. I have also been taking biotin with keratin pills, vitamin D, calcium and Hair Density vitamins. My bone straight ends were stuck together and full of tangles.

I added salt to my conditioner and that seemed to help a whole lot. I think I need to do it one more time on my next wash day to get completely back to normal though. I have no idea what shape my hair is in from all the combing and pulling and tangles bc I cant wear it out yet. Thinking of chopping off the ends and just going natural :spinning:

I LOVE this HHJ!!

alex114

Sorry,
I've been in a protective style 100% of the time, from cornrows to cornrows, and my transitioning hair just hasn't been allowing me to do length checks-- if I pull and really stretch the natural part, I see it's growing, but right now it all literally looks above shoulder length. I'll try to post a length check pic after this most recent PS comes down.

veesweets

I was really inspired by the curlformer results HairPleezeGrow posted :yep: (you did a great job on their hair!). So I blow dried my hair with its a 10 leave in, then set my hair with a little hair cream from APB. First is the initial takedown, then after I separated the hair a bit. Hoping my hair doesn't puff up too much since its raining all day

Attachments

• IMG_3795.jpg
    IMG_3795.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_3801.jpg
    IMG_3801.jpg
    522.8 KB · Views: 106

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I was really inspired by the curlformer results HairPleezeGrow posted :yep: (you did a great job on their hair!). So I blow dried my hair with its a 10 leave in, then set my hair with a little hair cream from APB. First is the initial takedown, then after I separated the hair a bit. Hoping my hair doesn't puff up too much since its raining all day

Awe thanks vee! And your hair came out great.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I should probably cowash tonight... sigh. If I have time after feeding and bathing my rugrats I can give my hair some tlc

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I finally made BSL and I can't show off my length because my ends look raggedy. I pinned curled it and wore it out at work to disguise my ends (it worked a lil) but hopefully I can trim it periodically til Dec '14 to get a more blunt/even/healthy look.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I finally made BSL and I can't show off my length because my ends look raggedy. I pinned curled it and wore it out at work to disguise my ends (it worked a lil) but hopefully I can trim it periodically til Dec '14 to get a more blunt/even/healthy look.

Congrats on making BSL. Hopefully your ends will get better over time.

alanaturelle

I completely forgot to take pictures yesterday after rinsing out the indigo but here are some shots today after a whole day in bun.

Attachments

• Apr 14 (2).jpg
    Apr 14 (2).jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Apr 14.jpg
    Apr 14.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Apr 14 (4).jpg
    Apr 14 (4).jpg
    489.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Apr 14 (3).jpg
    Apr 14 (3).jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 38

alanaturelle

Congratulations on making BSL!!!!! You should probably join the ladies over at BSL/MBL for the rest of the year, :)

PinkyPromise

Here's my hairfinity update/impromptu length check.

image-1734167936.jpg

image-2305038588.jpg

I'm like 3 inches away from APL now. The right side is slightly longer than the left which is kind of annoying lol so I have to figure that out.

Jace032000

Here's my hairfinity update/impromptu length check.

View attachment 255233

View attachment 255235

I'm like 3 inches away from APL now. The right side is slightly longer than the left which is kind of annoying lol so I have to figure that out.

WOOWWW!!!! I'm so stoked for you PinkyPromise !! You're giving me hope for my LC tomorrow after also being on Hair Infinity for a month. What is your normal monthly growth without HF?

PinkyPromise

WOOWWW!!!! I'm so stoked for you PinkyPromise !! You're giving me hope for my LC tomorrow after also being on Hair Infinity for a month. What is your normal monthly growth without HF?
Thank you!!! Idk. .maybe a little faster than the normal rate? Like 3/4 of an inch? It always grows faster in the summer, and the front grows faster than the sides and back. I had my mini twists in since early February too so I know that contributed a lot. I also exercise every day, juice and eat healthy.

Last edited:

PlainJane

I am so mad at myself. I purchased some of those silk ribbon hair ties like the picture below thinking that would be the answer to my prayers. I should've known that my hair just can not handle hair ties at allllllllllll. I started using them for a few weeks and breakage, breakage, breakage. Back to the bobby pins. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of transitioning and I'm only 16 weeks in and I can already tell this will be quite the battle. Currently sitting under the dryer with a raw honey/Aubrey DC. This is a first...

Last edited:

Kittitian_QT

Hi, I would like to join the challenge. Here are my stats:

Current hair length- about 2 inches above APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning
Goal Month- September
Current Reggie and styling choices- newly relaxed so relearning my hair, currently rollersetting and wrapping
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL?- protein treatments every month, daily vitamins

Attachments

• 2014-04-18 09.47.10.jpg
    2014-04-18 09.47.10.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Hi, I would like to join the challenge. Here are my stats:

Current hair length- about 2 inches above APL
Relaxed/Natura/Texlaxed/Transitioning
Goal Month- September
Current Reggie and styling choices- newly relaxed so relearning my hair, currently rollersetting and wrapping
What do you plan on changing (if anything) to make it to APL/BSL?- protein treatments every month, daily vitamins

Welcome! Your hair is beautiful.

Jace032000

I see the growth!! I was gonna try out Manetabolism but I think I'll stick with Hairfinity!

I'm definitely pleased with my growth and the overall health of my hair. My hair barely sheds now which was my major issue before Hair Infinity. I attribute it to the MSM. I don't think I've ever retained a months worth of hair until now.