BSL/MBL 2014 Challenge

VictoriousBrownFlower

I made bra strap length. I never thought I would make it here. I want to get my hair professionally done when we have our next update. It just doesn't come out as healthy looking when I do it. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. But here is my progress.

Attachments

• DSC05422.jpg
    DSC05422.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC05426.jpg
    DSC05426.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 135
  • DSC05402.jpg
    DSC05402.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 108

GettingKinky

I thought my days of trying new products was over, but I couldn't resist buying AOWC. I really want smooth hair.

I'm going to try it as a styling product not a conditioner. I already have too many of those.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Happy Easter ladies!

I've been battling a toothache and scheduled for a double root canal soon so I've been relaxing for the most part. Hair color has been freshened up a little and in braids. Almost 3 weeks into taking Hairfinity and I honestly can't tell if I've gotten any length, but it looks thicker and my hair in *ahem* other places have been growing like crazy :perplexed

polished07

Hello ladies! Happy Easter hope all is well I see the thread is still jumping so guess I'll jump in and add some pics of what's been up with my hair! I've come to the realization that I will not be reaching MBL for my June wedding but I'm not gonna stop aiming for it by Dec.

image-2476374539.jpg

Starting length in Jan BSL

image-3724574321.jpg

After healthy "Trim" and press early Feb back at APL :-(

image-720794925.jpg

Now April almost back with rinsed dark hair that's helped my low porous hair

I have 5 inches again to get to WL I'm watching my ends and back on the hair grind sort of Id love to celebrate the holidays at my goal this year

NikkiQ

Took a shot in the sun of my color. Looks SO much better in the sun than any other time

Last edited:

jprayze

Yesterday I wore my hair in a high bun. I blow dried my whole head, but only flat ironed the section in the front; I didn't straighten my whole head. I'm still so amazed with the things I can do with my own head of hair now....that I have hair to WORK with!

I'm still putting off flat ironing, I'm sure my hair will thank me! Maybe I will wait to do the clear rinse until then. Also my ends still look good since January's trim. I'm been using JBCO for heavy sealing and grapeseed for light sealing.

image-909361433.jpg

image-3418174523.jpg

GettingKinky

NikkiQ - your red is stunning. I hope your tooth is feeling better

jprayze I never thought to just flat iron the front of my hair. I may have to try that I really like your result.

polished07 - your hair is going to be beautiful for your wedding no matter what the length. How are you planning to wear it?

Last edited:

GettingKinky

Thanks Jace032000 :blush:

I don't really have a secret. My stylist is great with a flat iron. She can get my hair relaxer straight and with the cellophane treatment it's really shiny. Aside from going to see her every 8 weeks, I never use direct heat on my hair. My hair routine is pretty stable and I mostly wear buns because I'm lazy, with an occasional roller set or braidout. My everyday hair is fairly boring.

PureSilver

My hair is shedding less since my Aphogee 2 step treatment but i want to get to the point of eliminating combs until wash day.

Jace032000

Thanks @Jace032000 :blush:

I don't really have a secret. My stylist is great with a flat iron. She can get my hair relaxer straight and with the cellophane treatment it's really shiny. Aside from going to see her every 8 weeks, I never use direct heat on my hair. My hair routine is pretty stable and I mostly wear buns because I'm lazy, with an occasional roller set or braidout. My everyday hair is fairly boring.

So simple yet it works! Do you do any DC yourself?

GettingKinky

Jace032000

I do a dry DC with AOHSR mixed with grapeseed oil weekly before I wash my hair. I usually put it in the night before. But for the last few weeks I've been skipping that step. I need to get back to it.

--I wash with baking soda mixed with water.
---I have a rotation of 3 conditioners. I want to simplify this but I really like all 3 (Kenra, AOGPB and Aphogee 2 minute)
-- I rinse with dilute ACV before my final water rinse
---I moisturize using the LOC method

I used to moisturize multiple times a week, but now I'm pretty lazy and only do it on wash day or the night before a braidout.

Jace032000

@Jace032000

I do a dry DC with AOHSR mixed with grapeseed oil weekly before I wash my hair. I usually put it in the night before. But for the last few weeks I've been skipping that step. I need to get back to it.

--I wash with baking soda mixed with water.
---I have a rotation of 3 conditioners. I want to simplify this but I really like all 3 (Kenra, AOGPB and Aphogee 2 minute)
-- I rinse with dilute ACV before my final water rinse
---I moisturize using the LOC method

I used to moisturize multiple times a week, but now I'm pretty lazy and only do it on wash day or the night before a braidout.

Thank you soo much for sharing!!!

NikkiQ

Been wearing my hair in 2 flat twists in the front and low pony in the back. I'm getting a bit better with the flat twists these days. But alas...my beloved bun is calling my name. About to do a thorough LOC pampering on this red mop top and bun my little heart out.

I'm anxious to have another length check soon. It'll be a month on May 1st since I started taking Hairfinity and I'm curious to see if there has been any length gained. I did notice that my twist out and braid out have been rather...big :lol:

Tderham1314

Did mini twists and trimmed my hair Monday. It was needed after I blow dried my hair this past weekend. I tried curlformers and flexi rods which I didn't like either one of those sets. After the mini twists I put perm rods on the end and let it set overnight. I loved them in the morning. I realized that for my hair twists and different variation of styles with twists work best for me. I will not be using heat for the rest of the year and I have given up on combs and styling tools for good. Putting my hair in Marley twists tomorrow and will leave in for two months. Will come back with a pic or two.

growbaby

I have a dilemma. I'm on a personal no heat challenge which is going great but I fear for my ends. I can only trim my hair when it's straight. I don't wanna go a whole year without trimming :nono: but I also don't wanna straighten. My last trim was in dec. what do you ladies suggest?

NikkiQ

Just got home from my best friend's house where she straightened my hair for me. I'm still a little in shock at how long it feels, but I've still got a long way to go before I get to BSL

bellashair

I really underestimate my growth potential, at times.. Probably because this is the longest my hair has ever been so, it's kind of hard to imagine it growing past this point although I know it will. I wanted to hit MBL by dec and have hit it already and it's only April. WL by Dec?? So excited!!

coolsista-paris

I really underestimate my growth potential, at times.. Probably because this is the longest my hair has ever been so, it's kind of hard to imagine it growing past this point although I know it will. I wanted to hit MBL by dec and have hit it already and it's only April. WL by Dec?? So excited!!

see that. you didnt even realize it growing to get this long. your lucky.
im started things all over again :-(
virgin relaxer in november, im trying to transitiiô back already.... its gonna be long before i get anywhere near apl natural but hey, îll try