2014 Deep Condition Challenge

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Dang. I need to retrain myself.

ETA: This is what my hair normally looks after I apply DC

Gonna measure out 2 ounces this week and see how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Duchess007

I'm not sure how long your hair is, but it definitely has more density than mine. If two ounces is not enough, try 2.5 or 3. Also, if you don't like it continue with your normal process. Remember, this healthy hair journey is personal and not cookie cutter.

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Babygrowth

Dcing with HV Sitrinillah with Kizuri Cocoa vanilla on top. (Moisture plus detangling and smoothing and to use it up!)

Duchess007

Duchess007

I'm not sure how long your hair is, but it definitely has more density than mine. If two ounces is not enough, try 2.5 or 3. Also, if you don't like it continue with your normal process. Remember, this healthy hair journey is personal and not cookie cutter.

Thanks MileHighDiva! I'm grazing MBL. I watched some videos and saw that most people are using product the way you do. I found that some people are as heavy-handed as I am, so I feel a little less crazy. ;-) Still going to try cutting back to see if I can get similar results.

http://youtu.be/FOP9PH5Oxus

Ugh. I love her hair.

curlyTisME

I'll prob deep condition with my silicon mix tonight. I'll apply it after I cowash with VO5 clarifying conditioner and seal it with castor oil. Let it set for an hour then rinse.

HanaKuroi

Protein with Millcreek Keratin and Nutrafix on top. I'll leave it in for an hour.

I think I will DC with CJ Curl rehab for a few hours. I might even steam my hair.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

HanaKuroi

I have CJ curl rehab in and may steam or jet baggy all day.

It takes 3 oz to do my hair. I had some CJ in a travel bottle and I used the entire bottle.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Duchess007

I get four uses out of an 8 oz jar of DC (SD MSI or VS), so that's 2 oz per DC session. However, I can get five-six uses, if the product is heavy like SD Shea What! or SD Shea What! Deux.

Please note that I have low density hair. Also, I'm heavy handed and apply DC relaxer style.

Same here. I use about 2oz. of product each time I have low density hair and am heavy handed...applying DC relaxer style.

Right now I have 2oz. of SD MSI in my hair under a plastic wrap and scarf. Will leave it in for about an hour.

nmartin20

I used Shescentit's Fortifying Hair Masque for protein (pretty good) left it on my hair about 10 minutes. It kind of smells like their Avocado Conditioner. My hair felt stronger after the cream rinse.

I applied Shescentit's Banana Brûlée Moisturizing Deep Conditioner and set under my steamer for 45 minutes. Yes it was a great! Good slip!

I applied my oil mixture and I styled my hair with Shescentit's Papaya Curly Soufflé and their Juicy Berry Buttercream Frosting. My hair seem to do well with this combination.

So far, I loved my night with Shescentit's products!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a DC with Hairveda Sitrinillah under my new Mastex heat cap after chelating with AO Swimmer's Shamppo. It still didn't do much for my hair.

Rozlewis

Dc'ing with MD Coffee and Kokum, a little Curl Junkie Rehab, Peppermint oil, Rosemary oil, Eucalyptus oil and Avocado oil over coffee.

Duchess007

I have had this DC in my hair for like 8 hours. :-/

Aaand I used 6 ounces. I don't think 2 oz is gonna happen. lol

Lilmama1011

I have had this DC in my hair for like 8 hours. :-/

Aaand I used 6 ounces. I don't think 2 oz is gonna happen. lol

I got a 2oz sample of morocco method conditioner and i might only be able to do half my head since I apply relaxer method and I'm generous with my conditioners

Duchess007

Was six ounces enough, or do you feel that you need the 10 you previously used?

It felt a little light, but it did cover my gigantic head. :)

I guess it will depend on how my hair feels, but coming off henna it's always a little thirsty, so it might be tough to tell.

I'll shoot for the same amount or less next week. And I'll let you know if the results were pretty consistent with how it normally feels. I'm just now getting up to rinse it out. :-/

ETA: Seems to have worked just as well! :)

Last edited:

Brownie518

DC with the last of my SD Razzberry. Had to add a little Vanilla Silk to cover my whole head. Fantastic combo!!

CodeRed

Deep conditioned with homemade mix and rinsed out with Hello Hydration. I've been doing this 3x a week for a while now... I do a protein treatment pryor once a week.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
On Friday -Relaxed my hair with Hawaiian Silky no-one base relaxer following with the Aphogee 2 minute keratin conditioner for only two minutes. Lastly dc with ORS replenishing pak with heat for 25 minutes.