HOT OIL TREATMENTS?

DO YOU TREAT YOUR HAIR TO HOT OIL TREATMENTS? IF SO, HOW OFTEN?

• Total voters

slender1

AMWCAH,

GIVE ME THOSE BABIES;) (PRECIOUS!!!)

When I was using hot oil treatments- (every 2wks) once I made prepooing mandatory I didnt feel hot oil treatments were necessary. This maybe something you need to try. Depends on your hair type Im 4a and need constant moisture.

Hope this helps

Nanyanika

I love hot oil treatment with dabur amla, it makes my hair ultra moisturised and my conditioners tend to take better on my hair.

amy1234

I'm going to start to use oil hot six oil at the very end after I wash and condition and use it like a leave-in, to seal in the moisture. Hope this works?!!

navsegda

I never do hot oil treatments. When I shampoo and deep condition, I pre-poo with Dabur Vatika oil for about an hour, but that's about it. I also put the Amla Lite oil on my hair everyday, so I don't feel hot oil treatments are necessary.

LocksOfLuV

I use oil, but I use globs of conditioner too as a pre-poo, I also deep condition with oils added to my conditioner. Oils my hair hair so darn slippy!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I do them every once in a while, but not often enough for it to be significant. I like L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil. It's also a good "mix-in."

Now, forget all that--those babies in your avatar are just BEAUTIFUL!

sareca

navsegda said:
I never do hot oil treatments. When I shampoo and deep condition, I pre-poo with Dabur Vatika oil for about an hour, but that's about it. I also put the Amla Lite oil on my hair everyday, so I don't feel hot oil treatments are necessary.

Same here, but I use unscented amla mixed w/ jojoba.

CAPlush

I usually mix some oil in with my deep conditioner. Hot oil treatments just never did what I expected.

Arcadian

They always made my hair extra crunchy. My hair dosne't like that much oil I guess. I do add a little oil to my deep conditioners though.

-A

amwcah

Supergirl said:
I do them every once in a while, but not often enough for it to be significant. I like L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil. It's also a good "mix-in."

Now, forget all that--those babies in your avatar are just BEAUTIFUL!
Why thank you Supergirl!

Babygurl

I apply lots of oil to all of my deep conditioners so I feel as though everytime I deep condition Im giving my hair a mini hot oil treatment!

Suri

weekly, sometimes twice a week, i use amla, mustard seed oil, EVOO, black castor and 1-2 EO's. I use this mix to seal in my conditioner. I my hair feels good because of this and stays very dark.

Hareitiz

I did hot oil treatments a couple of times but didn't see any benefits, so I just put oil in my conditioners.

NGraceO

Been meaning to prepoo with hemp seed oil using my heated cap....that's similar, eh? Lol

NGraceO

MayaNatural

Been meaning to prepoo with hemp seed oil using my heated cap....that's similar, eh? Lol NGraceO

NGraceO
It does for me. :look: Not only do I use my cap for DT/PP.. On wash day after I style my hair (leave in, butter, oils) I use my heat cap.. It makes my hair really soft.

lamaria211

I used to never do HOT only prepood but I did one this weekend after washing before my DC and loved it. I'll be doing them from now on

AnjelLuvs

I love a good oil pre-poo, as the shampoo tends to strip... Followed by a good Deep con and all is good with hair... :grin:

Last edited: