CurlKit and Caviar Curls

Umm Ebraheem

Hi Ladies,
I decided to try a box subscription and signed up for CurlKit. I got my first box this month, the June edition, and received a full 8 oz bottle of something called Caviar Curls Velvet Leave-in detangler. It looks decent from what is on the label. When I took the lid off to see the product I thought I was opening a bottle of KCNT. I went looking for the website and could not find anything. I've checked in 2 different browsers and I've googled this stuff as well and absolutely nothing. I even put my husband on the case. I just wanted to research the company to see if I would be interested in buying anythign else but now I'm a little concerned.

Has anyone heard of this company before or can direct me to a website. What is listed on the bottle is Caviarcurls.com.

The rest of the box is okay. I'm not disatisfied with the box or anything like that. I don't like the body products that came in this months box and I'm no fan of Lustrasilk. I will keep the subscription for a couple of months for the experience.

Umm Ebraheem

LaToya28

I was just doing a search for this product and this post came up! I can't find anything on the company either aside from Youtube reviews...but yes it smells and looks just like Kinky Curly Knot Today!

MsChelle

Glad it wasn't just me who can't find an active site. I am a bit leary about using the product since I can't find any info in the company. And I am a sucker for a good leave in.....how does a company get away with listing a web address on their own bottle that doesn't even work???

Umm Ebraheem

I went on youtube to see if any reviews came up and the only things I could find were in reference to the June CurlKit. Then one reviewer said they were on Etsy. So, I checked Etsy and the only thing on there was a picture of the bottle of leave-in detangler and a 15.00 price. I'm very suspiscious about this product and I'm convinced it is just KCNT. But, of course I can't prove anything. I'm planning to email Heather at CurlKit to voice my concerns. Listing a nonexisting website is really a step to far for me. It just screams scam.

Umm Ebraheem

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
send an email to curlkit. I had an issue with Ori Essential cowash cleanser and not being able to purchase it and they assisted me with my issue. Update us with any new info, thanks

nerdography

Have you found out any more information about this product. I used it a really like it. I have no idea if it's similar to KCNT since I've never tried it.

alive

It might KCNT trying out a new product line (kind of like what shea moisture did with their nubian heritage line). That's odd that the website doesn't work though. Hopefully Heather can help out with resolving the issue

MsChelle

On Etsy they have a name of Bianca Brown listed as the store owner. I sent a message. Will update you and let you know what I find out.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Did you find out anything? I was in the Battle of the Boxes thread in the Curly Nikki forum, and someone suggested that Caviar Curls and ORI Essentials are made by the same people, and both may be owned by Curlkit. It may be pure guessing and rumors though. I googled and didn't find a link between the three.

ETA: Here is the link - http://www.curlynikkiforums.com/general/23576-battle-boxes-972.html

Last edited:

MsChelle

Not that I am surprised but the Bianca Brown person I emailed did not reply. I emailed CurlKit as well and no response.

Umm Ebraheem

Hi ladies,
I did get a response from the Curlkit crew. They informed me that they "test all of their products and that Caviar Curls was made by Selected Beauty Products a licensed and insured company." I did infact look up Selected Beauty products and it appears it is a licensed and insured company, but they are more wholesale than retail.

I was just curious about the product and now that I know where it comes from I'm fine with it. I would not be purchasing this leave-in at any rate.

Umm Ebraheem

MsChelle

Hi ladies,
I did get a response from the Curlkit crew. They informed me that they "test all of their products and that Caviar Curls was made by Selected Beauty Products a licensed and insured company." I did infact look up Selected Beauty products and it appears it is a licensed and insured company, but they are more wholesale than retail.

I was just curious about the product and now that I know where it comes from I'm fine with it. I would not be purchasing this leave-in at any rate.

Umm Ebraheem

Glad you got a response. Thanks for the update. I wonder why the info on the bottle doesn't indicate that.