2007 LHCF BOOT CAMP!!

HighlyFavored1

I, HighlyFavored1 am going to commit to 1 session. I have determination!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinum level!
My additional challenge will be taking my Vitamins daily. My consequence will be no sweets and only water only for a week. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

hm...I'm not being that ambitious, but maybe i will step my game up after I complete my first session :smirk:...

JazzyFLPeach

I am going to commit to 1 session. I have discipline!
My additional challenge will be Vitamins and 3- month relaxer stretch. My consequences will be no new clothes or shoes for a month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread!

I am going to commit to 1 session..(120 days) I have Discipline
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
My additional challenge will be to stick to all natural products, drink more water, and try my best to BAG my ends at night . (for platinum only) My consequence will be to double my time or level in bootcamp. . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

mrsbookworm

This will be hard but . .. I want BSL hair so I have to what it takes.

I am going to commit to _1___ session. I have __discipline___!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do ___platinum___ level !
My additional challenge will be __3-4 month relaxer stretch. (for platinum only) My consequence will be __no new hair products for 2 months_. I am excited to do this for my hair!

Mystic

I am down for this challenge. I am in the Gold and Platimum level.

Will do little or no combing; weaving, protective styles and when I am not in weave, daily conditioning washes with a phony pony. Relax hair and use a flat iron 3 times for the year Jan-Dec 2007. This will be a one year challenge for me. Hoping to be APL by 12/2007.

KEWLKAT103

It's my first challenge, how exciting!

I am going to commit to 1 sessions. I have resolve!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Gold Level!
My additional challenge will be more vitamins. (for platinum only) My consequence will be none because I will reach my goal. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

bauderlady

I am going to commit to 1 sessions. I have dicipline!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Gold level!
My additional challenge will be to try and put my hair up 3-4x's a week. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Last edited:

babyblue

count me in :lol:

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions. I have faith, determination and discipline_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level!
My additional challenge will be to be consistent with vitamins and consume at least 64 oz of water daily, baggy ends nightly, low manipulation and deep condition 1x a week. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no shopping or eating out for 1 month . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

blazingthru

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!
My additional challenge will be vitamins daily, biotin, drinking extra water. (for platinum only) My consequence will be No new hair care products for a month . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!
CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME HOW TO POST A PICTURE ON HERE?????????
THANK YOU

bubblebtm2

I,BubbleBTM2 am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!
My additional challenge will be consistant vitamin consumption, 4-month relaxer stretches and minimum combing & brushing. My consequence will be 2x my normal exercise for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

misspriss

I am going to commit to __2__ sessions (ending August 11, 2007). I have __Patience and Diligence_______!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _____Platinum____ level!
My additional challenge will be _______daily multivitamins__________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______no new clothes, shoes, or hair products for a month________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

mohair

I am going to commit to 2 session. I have Sticktoitness!!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do platinum level! My additional challenge will be taking vitamins and supplements regularly and drinking lots of water. My consequence will be no LHCF for 1 week when I break the regimen. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

wheezy807

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Will-Power and Endurance!

My additional challenge will be bagging @ night,bunning and 3 month relaxer stretch. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no restaurant food for a month:eek: . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!:D

bablou00

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination, heart and soul!

My additional challenge will be taking all of my vitamins, wigging it out and stretching my relaxer for 5-6mos. (for platinum only)
My consequence will be: NO snacks at work what so ever:eek: .

I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!:D

Serious

I'm a newbie who's impressed by all the info & progress being shared here. My first post...I'm in!
-------------
I am going to commit to 1 session. I have Discipline! (starting small)

My additional challenge will be daily vitamins and 8 week relaxer stretch. (scary prospect)

My consequence will be no eating out for a week. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread!

Demi27

Phew! This is gonna be a tough one....But I'm in (knees shaking). LOL. Here goes.

I am going to commit to _1___ sessions. I have determination (and prayer)!

My additional challenge will be to drink 64oz of water a day. My consequence will be to give up sodas for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

** There's only one small problem **
I just rebraided my hair last week, so I won't be able to post any beginning pics until after the challenge starts in January. I hope that's ok.
Right now, my hair is kissing shoulder length (it might be a little longer than that, but I haven't really taken the time to measure it and take good pics)

chayil0427

I know I know I'm waaaaaaaaaay late, but I'm in....

I am going to commit to THREE sessions. I have UNFAILING God's Grace and Mercy!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUM level!
My additional challenge will be NO BRUSHING AND WIDE TOOTH COMBS ONLY. (for platinum only) My consequence will be ONE MILE WALK PER VIOLATION. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

LET'S GET IT ON LADIES!!!!

Chayil

CynamonKis

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have Determination!
My additional challenge will be to take my hair vitamins DAILY without fail, and to MTG/Substitute 4x per week. (for platinum only) My consequence will be no new hair products for a month. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

brownsugarflyygirl said:
2007 LHCF Boot Camp
Starting January 1, 2007

This is the ULTIMATE Length Retention Challenge!
It is a combination of some of the most successful LHCF challenges (based on my thread research ;) ) and those that require the most discipline. This challenge is not for the faint of heart, fickle, or easily swayed but for those who are unwaveringly determined to retain every mm of growth that comes out of their scalp in 2007.
Get those tickers ready! Who will survive?

Here are the RULES (Basic Traning)::ban:
No Direct Heat (Hooded Dryer is acceptable)
No Trimming (Dusting is allowed)
Deep Condition w/Every Shampoo Wash

Optional Levels of Difficulty:
Gold Level:Only Protective (Buns, Braids, Twists, Weaves, etc.) or Low Manipulation (Braidouts, Rollersets, etc.) Styles

Platinum Level: Gold Level + Your additional personal challenge– EX: Buns/Baggy, Vitamins, 3- month relaxer stretch, All Natural products, No combing/brushing, etc. Its whatever you decide, but let us know which challenge you add.

This challenge will have 3 sessions. Each will be 120 days long:
One Session – 120 Days: Discipline
Two Sessions - 240 Days: Diligence
Three Sessions – 360 Days: Determination
You can sign up for 1, 2, or 3 sessions.

Those who make it through 3 sessions will reap the greatest hair reward!!:weird:

Cheat Sheet:covereyes
You will have one emergency pass for each session. Use them wisely! Please post to the monthly update when you have used one.

Emergency Example A: My ends were sooo thin & scraggly I just HAD TO trim 1inch. My hair looks so much better and I am back focused on Bootcamp.

Emergency Example B: My sister is getting married in two weeks and my SO/DH has been begging me to wear my hair down so I am going to flat iron my hair this weekend, and then I am going straight back to my bun and Bootcamp.
ONLY ONE EXCUSE!!! :mad: <---- My mean face

CONSEQUENCES :spank: – If you are serious about this challenge, you can decide on a punishment if you do not live up to the requirements. For example: No fried food for a month, 2x my normal exercise for two weeks, No LHCF website for two weeks, No new products for two months, etc. (Notice the positive tone of the punishment). For every action there is always CONSEQUENCES! So get one in mind...to hold yourself accountable!

ACCOUNTABILITY: Throughout the challenge, we can post monthly updates. Also, if you have one please post your starting point picture. You know LHCFers want to :shocked: results.

DOES YOUR HAIR WANT TO REAP THE BENEFITS OF BOOTCAMP? Sign up now! Cut and paste please :)

I am going to commit to ____ sessions. I have _________!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _________ level!
My additional challenge will be ____________________. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _______________. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

BmoreBelle

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have fortitude!
My additional challenge will be to hide my hair until April Fool's Day/July 4th/Christmas (for platinum only). My consequence will be 100 walking lunges. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

itismehmmkay

So, I just created the most awesome phony-bun. Now, I can officially join this boot camp! yay! :clap:

I am going to commit to 1 sessions. I have Discipline!
My additional challenge will be Bunning. (for platinum only) My consequence will be Raggety hair :lol: . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

bbmatl

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have DETERMINATION & CONFIDENCE!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Training!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATNIUM level!
My additional challenge will be TAKING MY VITAMINS DAILY. (for platinum only) My consequence will be NOT ALLOWING MYSELF TO PURCHASE ANY HAIR PRODUCTS FOR TWO MONTHS. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Let’s do this!

I will allow myself one time per session to use heat only to check for progress. First time will be March 2007… my birthday!!

I have already posted my starting point picture for this challenge. The picture was taken Dec. 2006

P

peacefulstrength

I'm all late...but oh well...i'm excited to do this since i'm a newbie

I am going to commit to 3sessions. I have Determination!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Platinumlevel!
My additional challenge will be taking vitamins, three months relaxer stretches, drink more water daily and low manipulation styles. (for platinum only) My consequence will beno downloading of music for a month :(. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

Yeah, I think i am ready. I can dooooo itttt!!!!!!!

SSBD

Sign me up please

I am going to commit to _3_ sessions. I have_Determination_!
Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do _Gold_ level!
My additional challenge will be __to BC and love my hair without weave_. (for platinum only) My consequence will be _extra study time_. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

tnoregon

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have will power and determination!
My additional challenge will be protective styles. (for platinum only) My consequence will be 2 deep conditionings and no sweets during the two weeks following . I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!:grin:

Stationwagon

Boot Camp Pledge for Adrienne72:

I am going to commit to __3__ sessions. I have _Drive!

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do Gold
level!

I am also going to challenge myself to:(1) stay away from caffenated sodas - they dry out my hair, (2) deep condition weekly with a heating cap (3)
and abstain from blow drying.

If I slip up my consequence will be: no eating out for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair!

My current avatar has my starting picture (posted on 12/28/06) and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread.

tsacre

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have determination!

My additional challenge will be drink more water. (for platinum only) My consequence will be running 2.5 miles per violation I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the monthly thread! Lets do this!

Attachments

• DEC 18, 2006.JPG
    DEC 18, 2006.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 6

ChoKitty

I am going to commit to ONE sessions. I have Discipline!
My additional challenge will be NO SODA AT ALL and 8 glasses of water a day. My consequence will be not looking good when I finally meet my girlfriends parents after 5 years of being together. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

(Does the no trimming count for BANGS? Or do we have to let those grow all wild and be out of shape when we love them so much?)

Amour

I know this is part of the basics but could I use a blowfryer ever 4-6 weeks because I feel that air drying my hair causes greater damage and has severe determental effects on my hair as opposed to blowdrying? I am willing and prepared to do more to make up for this (detailed below)...

I am going to commit to 3 sessions. I have DETERMINATION!
I am going to challenge myself to complete Basic Traning! But I will blow-dry when I take out my weave which is every 4-6 weeks b/c my hair doesn't take well to air-drying and I believe I will be cutting off my nose to spoil my face, so I will do something in addition, to counter-balance this :D

Also, I am going to raise the stakes and do PLATINUMlevel!
My additional challenge will be Vitamins, biotin & MSM and (to make up for my need for infrequent :p direct heat) I eat fruit & veg and drink water RELIGIOUSLY, and cut out most of my sweet snacks, I will also go to the gym at least once ever 2weeks for at least an hour. (for platinum only) My consequence will be LHCF sacrifice. I am excited to do this for my hair! My sister is buying her digi cam today so I will have a fotki and starting picture set up prior to 1/1/07 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!

eta: i didnt mean to write blowfryer I meant blowdryer lol

Last edited:

lovely008

I just wanted to say this thread has proven to me how AMAZING this board is! You guys are so proactive and equally supportive and informative about hair growth, it blows my mind and I am so in! :D

I am going to commit to 1 session (For now!!) I have Discipline!
My additional challenge will be Vitamins + Baggy. (for platinum only) My consequence will be No internet surfing (including LHCF) for 2 weeks. I am excited to do this for my hair! I will do my best to post a starting point picture by January 1, 2007 and I promise to report updates in the montly thread! Lets do this!