Curlformer Dupes?????

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I'm sorry if posted already, but I found some. Anybody know if they are as good as the original in quality and performance? Do they retain their shape? The originals are pretty pricey, even on sale and we'd need 2 to 3 kits. Thinking of getting these to try them out on my kid:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-18x-Mag...ultDomain_0&hash=item3f08b4caf1#ht_2521wt_905

I have them, and they're awesome. I bought two packs to make sure I'd have enough for my hair, which was a good move.

BrookeLynn

It seems like every time I do an install I need a new pack- but I haven't lost any. I just went out and got another one today. Strange.

And, the girl at Sally had mislabeled everything. She had the kits priced at $13.99 and the refills priced at $63.99. Too bad I didn't pick up the kit first. They would have had to give it to me. :lol:

Honeytips

I bought these and I think that they do a much better job than the curlformers (so much that I've gotten few more packs and stopped using the curlformers). I love how they give a more spiral looking curl. The stick/wand that comes with the magic leverage is crap (my hair kept hooking on the top of it) so I just use the wand from the curlformer

Marand13

I NEED these! I bought 3 packs and never got a good set out of it because I needed at least 2 more.

Will be ordering these soon.

Blairx0

I know I am in here talking to myself, but my fake formers are lost in the mail and I am pissed. I have already called the post office and the are "calling me back" my tracking number just says " missent." great.....

this is why people don't us USPS anymore.

Rant over

JJamiah

I know I am in here talking to myself, but my fake formers are lost in the mail and I am pissed. I have already called the post office and the are "calling me back" my tracking number just says " missent." great.....

this is why people don't us USPS anymore.

Rant over

sorry to hear about your curlformers, hopefully the company will you to send you a new 1 , or USPS finds your package. As far as tips, make sure you have a spray bottle with water, a mousse, setting lotion or foam, small enough pieces and patience. Expect to spend about 45 minutes to an hour, possibly more the first time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Napp

Ms. Nobody
this looks cool. i would love the magenta and yellow ones. i wonder what the final look would be like.

loveafterwar

I need to stay out of these kinds of threads...I just ordered 3 packs :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: If I run out I'll just mix them with the pink & orange Curlformers I already have.

Blairx0

I need to stay out of these kinds of threads...I just ordered 3 packs :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: If I run out I'll just mix them with the pink & orange Curlformers I already have.

I feel your pain. I ordered two they haven't even arrived and I already think I need more.

Blairx0

My fake curlformers and they are short!!!!! I already went online and already ordered a pack of extra long and extra wide.

The short ones don't even fit my bangs. I am just testing them out, so my hair is stretched. Maybe when its wet it will fit

loveafterwar

My fake curlformers and they are short!!!!! I already went online and already ordered a pack of extra long and extra wide.

The short ones don't even fit my bangs. I am just testing them out, so my hair is stretched. Maybe when its wet it will fit

What color did u order?

Blairx0

From the eBay link It says the colors are random.

Or do you mean the other ones I ordered? The other set I ordered are yellow and pink

loveafterwar

I ordered the yellow and pink ones from eBay. I didn't even going to bother with those other colors. When I first heard about them they weren't offering the pink & yellow ones in a decent quality, but now that they are I jumped on them.

nemi95

I have never used curlformers before. How do I know what size to buy? My hair is past SL, but not quite APL in the back. The sides by my ears are almost SL and my bangs can wrap under my chin. Help!

loveafterwar

nemi95 I would go with the long & wide which comes with 4 pink & 4 orange ones or the long & extra wide that have 2 pink and 2 yellow. The pink and yellow offer a looser/bigger curl and the pink and orange offer a tighter curl. You should get some good use out of those before your hair gets too long to use them. If you're going to get the dupes I think they match up with the real curlformers, but just to be on the safe side read the descriptions to make sure they're the ones you want to order.