Relaxed Hair Thread

Loving

Does it burn? Because I hear that a lot about lye and idk y my scalp feels prone to burn right now if that makes sense lol

Generally it doesn't. I got burned at my last T/U but that was due to me vigorously brushing my edges the day before and deciding at the last minute to get a touch up the next day....and I didn't base either :nono:

Just make sure you base your scalp thoroughly...you should not burn if you do.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
May I also chime in to add that I use and enjoy Mizani butter blends....looking at my hair you can almost see where I started using Mizani...shinier healthier looking hair.

sckri23

I finally was brave enough to put a profile pic up it was kinda intimidating with everyones long pretty hair pics and my "recovering from winter damage" hair but you have to start somewhere right?

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

jazzybklyn

Loving said:
Generally it doesn't. I got burned at my last T/U but that was due to me vigorously brushing my edges the day before and deciding at the last minute to get a touch up the next day....and I didn't base either :nono:

Just make sure you base your scalp thoroughly...you should not burn if you do.

Thanks! I'm about to go to the salon and have it done :)

jazzybklyn

Nix08 said:
May I also chime in to add that I use and enjoy Mizani butter blends....looking at my hair you can almost see where I started using Mizani...shinier healthier looking hair.

That's it's! My mind is made up! there's too many positive reviews on this relaxer for it not to work on me... Thanks :)

sunnieb

Impromptu wet bun because I got caught in downpour this afternoon:

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Attachments

• IMG_20120511_124534-1.jpg
    IMG_20120511_124534-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 39

sunnieb

@sckri23 - Welcome, and yes, we all have to start somewhere! Please take pics so you can track the progress you are about to make! :grin:

For the record, here's a pic of my hair pre-LHCF when it finally started to get some "length":

You can do it!!! :yep:

Last edited:
Reactions: JFK

itismehmmkay

@sckri23 - Welcome, and yes, we all have to start somewhere! Please take pics so you can track the progress you are about to make! :grin:

For the record, here's a pic of my hair pre-LHCF when it finally started to get some "length":

You can do it!!! :yep:

sunnieb I so second that! I've been here for years, but I'm just now really into taking pics to document progress. Before I would just take some pics just cause or for the moment, but if you're really on a journey, pics do wonders in showing you progress that you didn't know was there :yep:

sunnieb

itismehmmkay said:
sunnieb I so second that! I've been here for years, but I'm just now really into taking pics to document progress. Before I would just take some pics just cause or for the moment, but if you're really on a journey, pics do wonders in showing you progress that you didn't know was there :yep:

itismehmmkay - I know! I was seemingly stuck at APL for almost 2 years. However, looking through the hundreds :)look:) of hair pics I have, my hair was getting thicker and healthier the entire time! :)

Sent from my Comet using LHCF

Raspberry

I used too much shampoo the other day.. Usually I'll follow up with two different conditioners to balance it out but I was short on time and stuck with one.

My hair still had that post-wash poofy feel the next day so I tried the CHI Ionic Color Protector Leave-In Treatment Masque I got on clearance at Marshall's. And let me tell you.. that stuff was like an instant luxury spa treatment for my hair, instant smoothing and silkiness. It's got like 10 different 'cones, and ingredients I've never heard of but if this isnt' the Cadillac of 'cone mixtures :lol:.... I'm assuming I need to use it sparingly but now I know what to use when my need my hair to act right.

hillytmj

Relaxed head checking in. I wash weekly with Ovations and Design Essentials shampoo. I just started DCing again, and am hoping for even greater results than I had in the past. I get an affirm sensitive scalp relaxer every 6-8 weeks.

Mische

My mother asked who did my hair for me... mind you it's in a bun :lol:

Attachments

• image-1461767676.jpg
    image-1461767676.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 88

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
Worst Dominican salon experience ever!! Unlike other women that sit through the torture & cry about the set back at the end...I got my happy behind up in the middle of a wash dripping wet w/ shampoo still on my head and said IM STRAIGHT, put my hat on and walked right out! I was a tangled mess! Their shampoo stripped all the moisture! I felt her try to comb from my roots to tip while washing and jumped out the chair so fast! I only needed to feel that one time to know a major disaster was coming my way if I let that continue. Went home & finished my own wash & set w/ no set backs. Didn't pay a single thing. :)

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
@pre_medicalrulz You are a SHERO!!! Lesson duly noted...walk with my ball cap if EVER I dare venture into a salon:yep:

ETA: And some titanium ovaries to actually get up and leave:look:

Last edited:

Mische

pre_medicalrulz Good for you! Wish I had had the guts to get up and leave back in my salon days. I literally cringed reading that they tried to comb through your hair during the shampoo process. What. the. ever-loving.... glad you and your strands made it out unscathed.

Rossy2010

Worst Dominican salon experience ever!! Unlike other women that sit through the torture & cry about the set back at the end...I got my happy behind up in the middle of a wash dripping wet w/ shampoo still on my head and said IM STRAIGHT, put my hat on and walked right out! I was a tangled mess! Their shampoo stripped all the moisture! I felt her try to comb from my roots to tip while washing and jumped out the chair so fast! I only needed to feel that one time to know a major disaster was coming my way if I let that continue. Went home & finished my own wash & set w/ no set backs. Didn't pay a single thing. :)
:up::up::up: YOU ROCK pre_medicalrulz

Mische

Nix08 Aww thanks! She even insisted on taking a picture of me... for what I'm not sure. There's probably a picture of this bun on her Facebook lmao

@pre_medicalrulz I love that you walked out. I bet the various horror story after-math threads on here flashed through your mind and you were like nuh uh I am NOT the one!! :lol:

LifeafterLHCF

Hello ladies. I think I made it through the process of the sisterhood. I'm 3 hours post lol..I'm soo happy. It will take some getting use to but I'm happy.

Raspberry

Hello ladies. I think I made it through the process of the sisterhood. I'm 3 hours post lol..I'm soo happy. It will take some getting use to but I'm happy.

Wooww.. well of course we want to see pics GoddessMaker :grin:.

Enjoy your hair! I'm sure it'll be lots of fun..

Remember to take it easy and start with the basics, no need to go crazy with a ton of products and random techniques in the early stages.

LifeafterLHCF

Ok this is my hair so far..I did a dry wrap and will see how it comes out in the morning. If it doesn't have any bump to it I will just do a high bun or something..I'm happy either way..

Attachments

• CIMG0038.jpg
    CIMG0038.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 85
  • CIMG0043-1.jpg
    CIMG0043-1.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 89