Does hair make a woman prettier?

S

Salliquay

I have come to the conclusion that one's looks improve when your hair grows longer. Even the most plain women become beautiful with longer hair.

I am not bagging on anyone but I have seen less attractive asian, white and hispanic women (especially asian women) get swooned all over because of their hair what do you think.

Example:

http://img447.imageshack.us/my.php?image=angelinashorthairaq7.jpg
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/8671/angelinashorthairzz4.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jolielongcurlsxd9.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2687/jolielongcurlsxd9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

KhandiB

some not all ...
personally I think Halle Berry and Nia Long look better with shorter hair than long hair, I think the long hair makes Halle look way more average looking than her short hair, she looked fierce then :)

~Nigeria~

IMO yes. Everytime I see a women with long, healthy hair my first thought is "Oh she's attractive". Not necessarily pretty but I think it definitely enhances one's looks (especially if you are already attractive).

S

Salliquay

I agree that Halle and Nia Look better with shorter hair but they both have very good bone structures and more delicate features.

MizaniMami

~Nigeria~ said:
IMO yes. Everytime I see a women with long, healthy hair my first thought is "Oh she's attractive". Not necessarily pretty but I think it definitely enhances one's looks (especially if you are already attractive).

I agree I think women are so much more attractive with long hair, no matter what race, ethnicity, or hair type. JMHO

imani97

I think that women are most attractive with healthy hair no matter what the length is. I've seen women with long, straggly hair and it really made them look bad.

Mystic

The hair is not the only reason why Angelina looks better. The short hair was when she just starting out. She lacked confidence and experience. If you look at her posture, it was droopy, she looked shy and insecure. Even if her hair was longer then, she still would not have been a "hottie" then. The picture with the long hair is a more mature picture. She looks very confident - shoulders back, head held high and very secure with herself. Those qualities to me are why many people will consider her beautiful.

so1913

KhandiB said:
some not all ...
personally I think Halle Berry and Nia Long look better with shorter hair than long hair, I think the long hair makes Halle look way more average looking than her short hair, she looked fierce then :)

Yep yep, I was about to say the same thing :)

Synthia

ivanay said:
The hair is not the only reason why Angelina looks better. The short hair was when she just starting out. She lacked confidence and experience. If you look at her posture, it was droopy, she looked shy and insecure. Even if her hair was longer then, she still would not have been a "hottie" then. The picture with the long hair is a more mature picture. She looks very confident - shoulders back, head held high and very secure with herself. Those qualities to me are why many people will consider her beautiful.

I fully agree about Angelina.

I also think most women look better with long healthy hair. Remember when Robin Givens was forced to cut her hair on Head of the Class, oh Lawd!! Beauty never faded so fast. She never grew out that length again.

I personally am more likely to feel comfortable without makeup and other accessories as my hair grows.

While Nia definitely looks better with short hair, I never thought Halle was attractive until she had long hair.

All these years, I've never understood the fuss over that girl, but with long hair I think Halle looks beautiful.

Last edited:

sweetgal

It kind of burns me to say this but yes; I agree a majority of women do look more attractive with longer hair than short hair. There are some women that do look much better with shorter hair....but one must admit, it's not the norm! So far the eveyone has been able to come up with 2 people off hand...and its almost a struggle to think of much more.....oh well it's just one of those things.

But a healthy body and the traditional confidence can do the same and often times much more! especially confidence.

seeminglysweet

I think that healthy, beautiful hair at any length can make someone more attractive. If I see someone with long hair that is in bad shape they don't look prettier to me and I have seen some girls with gorgeous hair with a face that only a mother could love.

I think long hair is the easy way out because it's often considered beautiful just because of its length without any regard to its health. It is often difficult to find that perfect short cut or style that will make you look and feel the way you want to while also being the most flattering. I have seen women with shoulder length hair cut into layer with a few face framing-highlights that have put my near brastrap length hair to shame.

So to answer the question yes gorgeous hair does make a woman prettier.

Last edited:

Tene

I don't feel long hair makes anyone more attractive. Long hair doesn't change the way a person looks in the face.

velvet

I think a great haircut that compliments the face makes all the difference, long or short. Sharon Stone is another example of someone who looks better with a short pixie cut.

Blossssom

Angelina is tow in that short-haired picture, but I saw her in a movie once and her hair was short and she was still hot.

And yes, I have seen some jacked up looking women in the face but as long as they had that hair, they had the MEN!

Until recently (last weekend), I was wearing my hair in a "fro-bun". Sure, I was still attractive but last week I straightened it and I felt the difference.

I got more attention from MEN, and I felt more sexier and confident without the Susan B. Anthony look.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
KhandiB said:
some not all ...
Hey! I was just about to say this! I totally agree! :yep:

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I don't think it's a question of long hair making one 'prettier', I think it makes a woman look more feminine. I mean really, check out the "black men/indian men/whiteboys/old men who can get it" threads and you're not going to notice alot of dudes with bra-strap length hair. Long hair is not something that necessarily translates into masculinity.

As for the Halle Berry's and Nia Longs - if you have very delicate feminine facial features, you can get away with almost anything when it comes to hair. IMHO, Nia Long can pull off short hair, while Sommore's short do's were flawless, to me they made her look more masculine.

When I made the decision to go natural, I knew that I was going to transition right past the TWA stage because I felt I would look like a little boy (or a lesbian -take your pick).

firecracker

KhandiB said:
some not all ...

ITA. For some long hair can age you. :grin:

CityGirl

I can't actually say prettier, but I will say that long hair gets women noticed for sure. I wear a bun every single day in my quest for long hair. On the rare occasion that I wear my "currently shoulder length, but desparately seeking BSL" hair "fixed" as my mother/grandmother would say I get a lot more looks from men, and people notice me more. With a bun I'm just another face in the crowd.

Men go absolutely ape over a woman with long flowing hair. Just this weekend my boyfriend went nuts over my just relaxed hair that was bouncing and flowing and smelling of fresh shampoo. Men are suckers for a woman with long hair. You ever watch a man watching a woman with long flowing hair? They practically salivate while she runs her fingers through it, or brushes it away from her face, or throws it over her shoulder. They can't help it. Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject:lol:!!

sweetascocoa

CityGirl said:
I can't actually say prettier, but I will say that long hair gets women noticed for sure. I wear a bun every single day in my quest for long hair. On the rare occasion that I wear my "currently shoulder length, but desparately seeking BSL" hair "fixed" as my mother/grandmother would say I get a lot more looks from men, and people notice me more. With a bun I'm just another face in the crowd.

Men go absolutely ape over a woman with long flowing hair. Just this weekend my boyfriend went nuts over my just relaxed hair that was bouncing and flowing and smelling of fresh shampoo. Men are suckers for a woman with long hair. You ever watch a man watching a woman with long flowing hair? They practically salivate while she runs her fingers through it, or brushes it away from her face, or throws it over her shoulder. They can't help it. Other than that, I have no strong feelings on the subject:lol:!!
so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BrownSkin2

I personally think it depends on the facial features. Short hair can be just as nice as long hair if it enhances the person's looks. Angela Bassett and Kelly from Destiny's Child are other females that looks nice with short hair.

sareca

I think God wanted us to have long hair for a reason. Whether it makes you prettier or not it should be long. But I do think Halle looks better w/ a pixie.

phrederique

I agree that there are many women who look better with longer hair, but it really depends on a number factors: the shape of your face, the condition and texture of your hair and the cut that you've chosen. In any event, women tend to look best when they focus on what looks good on them not on one cookie-cutter definition of what beauty is or is not.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
PerfectDoak said:
Unless the woman has stunning facial features, yes.

I agree. :yep:

Hair is just like any other thing if it's pretty, an average woman will look better with: long thick hair or something else like beautiful eyes or wonderful skin or anything.
All those things are part of what adds beauty to a person.

caribeandiva

Human being
i agree. long hair softens your features and can make most women look younger and more attractive. again, there are always exceptions.

I think it's just hair in general it's a beautiful thing to have, when it's thick and healthy. Being long is just an added bonus. That's why women in the Islamic culture (Muslims) wear a scarfs, it is also written in the Bible a woman's hair is her crown??, because it has been known that the hair is the woman's source of beauty. When hair is covered/cut/restyled the change in the face of the woman is almost magical.

The beauty of a woman is definately in the hair..no matter the cut or stlye.;)

Ntrlmystik

I don't think so....I do think hair enhances the overall look the same way nice clothes, makeup and shoe do but long hair doesn't make any one prettier. Its like an accessory to me. If you have a long mess on your head versus a short hot do...then which one do u think is going to look better? Although some people may think long hair makes someone more attractive because its a preference but if you are not pretty to begin w/ (and that is only in the eye of the beholder) hair is not going to help that unless its covering your face ....Also some women look better w/ short hair...case in point Halle Berry...she looks more youthful w/ that pixie...she is looking older w/ long hair. Another one is my roomate...she is an elasta qp model. She's a pretty girl but she is stunning w/ a short cut. (She's the glaze girl) I know plenty more but no pics..If you are pretty short hair brings out your features and that may make you more attractive...I went to a predominately Black college where twice I cut my hair into pixie cut and grew it out past shoulder length. I got plenty of attention and play w/ the pixie ( And I looked extremely feminine w/o having "soft features")...and a whole other set of admireres w/ longer hair once in grew out...that taught me that there were guys that cared and guys that didn't...its like 50/50 to me unless hair is all that you have going on for you.

Last edited:

HighlyFavored1

I agree, but I think it comes down to word choice for me. I have seen some really hot short hair cuts. Some cool, cute, and chic haircuts. But it's something about long, healthy flowing hair that is glorious and lovely and beautiful.

So I think that nice hair can add to anyone's overall attractiveness, but nice, long hair tends to make a woman look more beautiful.