Vitamins vs. Growth Aids: Which gives YOU more growth??

Growth Aids vs. Supplements... which gives YOU more growth?

• My hair grows faster with growth aids

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • My hair grows faster with supplements

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • My hair grows about the same rate with either

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 70 40.2%
  • Other - please elaborate

Votes: 4 2.3%

• Total voters

yorkpatties

I've used growth aids back in the day, sure my hair grew because it was GROWING but the growth aids never gave me additional growth.
I've taken various multivitamins and I've never noticed additional growth from when I am taking them for months and when I am not taking them. I still take a multivitamin these days, but not for the purpose of additional growth. I've also taken biotin and MSM and haven't noticed growth spurts from them. When I was younger I believed that when I took more Vitamin E my growth increased, but I haven't tested this out recently so I can't claim that.
I notice that my growth increases when I am consuming more FRESH fruits and RAW vegetables, NOT by rubbing anything on my scalp or taking a pill.

BEAUTYU2U

So what do you ladies mean when you say "vitamins grow my hair better?" How would you describe better?

koolkittychick

My vitamin pak has a hair and nails supplement in it, so I said both. Before I started with my current vitamin pak, my hair was thinning out and going gray at an alarming rate. But now that it's part of my routine, the thinning patches have filled in nicely, and I haven't seen a new gray hair in months. But if I really want a growth spurt, I add exercise to the mix. When I am exercising regularly, I can get 3/4" to one inch a month of new growth, depending on how much sleep I get. My normal rate is about 1/2" per month. :yep:

ajargon02

So what do you ladies mean when you say "vitamins grow my hair better?" How would you describe better?

I have been taking viviscal for 4+ months.
I can see that my hair has gotten thicker. I will keep taking them to help me reach my goal.

spacetygrss

Until I started using sulfur-containing products I had never used a growth aide and it's too early for me to tell if they're working. However, when I took Hairfinity I consistently had growth of about 3/4 of an inch per month. Unfortunately, it also gave me terrible acne so I had to stop.

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I voted I don't know because I just started taking MSM and a multi-vitamin. I'm not too consistent with taking them, but I'm starting now.