Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Anakinsmomma

Bantu knot-out round two! I used smaller knots...

Close up of a curl :D

toiatoya

today's wash n go. im stuck on wng's now because the one i did last week for church came out gorgeous and lasted for 4 days. im attempting that again...:lol:

today's wng
314665_538256773753_180201021_31015751_1415058173_n.jpg

sunday's wng
305038_537950502523_180201021_31014643_271331874_n.jpg

kandiekj100

Big bun made using 2 packs of braiding hair. One is a 1b and the other a 1b/30 (mostly 30). I liked it initially but I think it needs tweaking. Less hair maybe? Maybe just the 1b.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317399783300.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317399783300.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 140

Nonie

One of the benefits of shorter hair is a puff that doesn't fall over and is perfectly round:

Ooooh, wavezncurlz, a little birdie told me about your puff--coz I do talk about your hair and its ability to puff a lot behind your back BTW :sekret: --and I'm so glad I didn't miss these pics! I think this is the first time I've seen a true puff on your grown head. :lol: It's simply beautiful!!! :notworthy (For those who don't know, I'm Nonie and I love afro puffs!)

I'm so excited you are getting to enjoy your shorter length. How did you create the puff? Just combed it out? Coz I be hearing rumors that some people can't do it. :look:

Anyway while I was here, I ended up spending about 15 minutes looking at all the lovely heads up in here!!! :drool: I feel there should be a coffee table book of just all the pics in this thread. No words, just photos of the wonderful creations.

I'm glad this thread exists. All you models should brace yourself for the day I'll be hitting you up for instructions on creating the styles. :love:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Ooooh, wavezncurlz, a little birdie told me about your puff--coz I do talk about your hair and its ability to puff a lot behind your back BTW :sekret: --and I'm so glad I didn't miss these pics! I think this is the first time I've seen a true puff on your grown head. :lol: It's simply beautiful!!! :notworthy (For those who don't know, I'm Nonie and I love afro puffs!)

I'm so excited you are getting to enjoy your shorter length. How did you create the puff? Just combed it out? Coz I be hearing rumors that some people can't do it. :look:

Anyway while I was here, I ended up spending about 15 minutes looking at all the lovely heads up in here!!! :drool: I feel there should be a coffee table book of just all the pics in this thread. No words, just photos of the wonderful creations.

I'm glad this thread exists. All you models should brace yourself for the day I'll be hitting you up for instructions on creating the styles. :love:

Nonie - When I think of round puffs, I think of you. You are the queen of round puffs. I didn't do much to create it. Just brushed it back, used not much product, and fluffed it as it dried so it didn't dry as curly. No ancient secret or anything. :sekret:

toiatoya

@toiatoya Hey there. Are you using your color to mark your growth or are you going to color again? Just all up in your afro is all...:look::grin:

well i've decided i don't want to color again. i kinda like how it's growing out, plus i colored so much when i first bc, i think i may have damaged the ends a little. im trying to hold on to em though :lol:

no worries, thanks for the mention! :grin:

ricobb

ricobb, thanks chica! It's my hair. I don't have my hair cut in the front to make a real (permanent) bang and I didn't want to cut my hair, so I just sectioned off the front portion, twisted the bottom of the section, tucked it under, pinned it and fanned it out. I hope that makes sense. :ohwell:

Thanks for the response. I'm going to have to try that bang trick! I don't want to cut any bangs quite yet either, especially when I can create faux bangs ! :)

lijm83

I tried out Curls Creme Souffle yesterday on cleansed hair. I have a whole lot of shrinkage, but also movement, definition and moisturized hair.

Attachments

• curls creme souffle 2 001.jpg
    curls creme souffle 2 001.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 132

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Been feeling sickish today :( Can't wait to have more length...another wash and go :/ I know, I'm boring lol. I love seeing all the different things you ladies do to your hair

sunnieb

Sent from my Comet

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1317658239771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1317658239771.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

ChristmasCarol

Decided to stop being lazy and rollerset my hair. This is my natural texture, for reference (pic taken a few months ago):

I waited until about 60% dry so that I wouldn't have to sit under the dryer so long. I worked a quarter-sized amount of IC Fantasia Serum throughout and didn't use any setting lotion or other products. After the set was dry, I put my hair into a high bun and went to bed. I flatironed on a low setting yesterday morning and went back under the dryer for a silk (saran) wrap. I wrapped it back up last night, and this is the result *please ignore the raggedy ends, I'm only dusting while transitioning and when I BC I will make the hemline blunt*:

I'll probably do this every 2 or 3 weeks for the rest of the fall/winter.

Last edited: