Hair Dye Wishes/Dyed Hair Advice

sungtongs

What Color is This? Is it possible to achieve?

So, when my hair gets longer, I was thinking about getting a color similar to this. Does anyone have a similar color? My hair is naturally dark brown.

I have natural hair, so I was wondering

1. What boxed color might this be? I know it's their natural color, but...you know.
2. How might my natural hair care change should I go this color?

Sabina Karlsson

Coralie Jouhier

Last edited:

outspokenwallflower

In the first picture, it looks to be an auburn/cinnamon brown, however, the second model's hair looks more ginger colored, if that makes any sense. So you should first decide which of the model's hair color you prefer.

I don't want to suggest a box color because there's so many out there and some work well for others while some don't. I *PERSONALLY* think L'oreal Luminize can help you reach that color but the catch is that because Luminize is a "gentle lightener", it will only lift your hair color 1 level. So you would have to use Luminize...then wait about 2 weeks (thats how long I would wait, I've read users who wait a week) then use it again...until your lightens to the desired level. I've also read that your hair may continue to lighten in the sun with Luminize, but I havent experienced that.

I currently have a color similar to but a bit darker than the first model; I used Luminize twice, then applied a semi-permanent dominican rinse (I mixed two colors) to achieve the look I wanted. My goal was to have my hair be light enough for certain semi-permanent colors to show up on my hair without having to stand under the light or in the sun.