Braid Spray as growth stimulant...

VirtuousGal

Does anyone do this? I noticed today at the bss that their was braid spray galore with tea tree oils, wheat germ oils, nettle, horse tail, etc... Many of the ingredients that women put in their growth concoctions. What say ya'll?

trevprit

Does anyone do this? I noticed today at the bss that their was braid spray galore with tea tree oils, wheat germ oils, nettle, horse tail, etc... Many of the ingredients that women put in their growth concoctions. What say ya'll?

Was there a particular brand that had all these ingredients?

Adaoba2012

It probably just keeps the hair moisturized and strong...I know nettle is really good for thickening hair

Last edited:

Miss AJ

do any braid spray users feel like posting ingredients? if not i'll do some googling as soon as i get on my desktop computer.

Austro-Afrikana

African pride braid spray has a lot of ingredients that are traditionally used as hair growth stimulants; cannabium, nettle, rosemary etc. That's probably the reason why I usually experience faster growth in braids.

robot.

I know a lot of braid sprays have the "extract," and then I remember someone saying extracts aren't really effective? I guess you need the full root/oil/etc. ?

hair4romheaven

The moisturizer i use have those ingredients..its a braid spray/moisturizer called taaliah waajid moisturizer spray. It works wonders. I buy the salon size for 20. add water to it and it stretches so well.
Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

teysmith

I have fantasia braid sheen spray. SOME of the ingredients include: water, coltsfoot extract, yarrow extract Rosemary extract, sage extract, nette extract, birch leaf extract, birch sap, hortail extract, calcium, vitamin b complex and sulfer.

Do you think its okay to use braids spray on the hair daily even without being in braids??

I dont know about the growth part but I would like to use it as a daily moisturizer.

What do you ladies think?

Nonie

^^ I don't see there being any problem in using braid spray as a moisturizer even if not in braids. As long as the stickiness isn't making your hair hard to comb, I think it'd be fine to use.

teysmith

^^ I don't see there being any problem in using braid spray as a moisturizer even if not in braids. As long as the stickiness isn't making your hair hard to comb, I think it'd be fine to use.

thanks..and i dont find fantasia braid spray to be sticky at all.. I think I'll give it a try and see what happens.

VirtuousGal

African pride braid spray has a lot of ingredients that are traditionally used as hair growth stimulants; cannabium, nettle, rosemary etc. That's probably the reason why I usually experience faster growth in braids.

Sorry I forgot about this thread!!!! Yes I think this is one of the ones I took notice of, I honestly cant remember the names of them all but I will look up and post a few.

ycj1

I have the African Pride braid spray and love it. That reminds me to repurchase some more I'm about to run out. Here are the ingredients:

Water, Cannabinum root extract, nettle extract, rosmarinus (rosemary) Arctium lappa root extract, betula alba extract, rosa canina fruit extract, crrageenan extract (coltsfoot) flower extract, (wild cherry) bark extract (dandelion) extract, samucus nigra, equisetum hiemale extract, propylene glycol, glycerin, tea tree leaf oil, lanolin, silk amino acids, panthenol, peppermint oil, aloe barbadenis leaf juice, chamomilla, trimonium chloride, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben.

I also have and use on occasion Africa's Best braid sheen spray with cond. New & Improved formula and the ingredients are:

Water, Acetamide MEA, Hydrolyzed hair keratin, Panthenol, Sorbitol, Sodium cocoyl collagen amino acid, cocoyl sarcosine, wheat germ acid, wheat germ oil, linolenic acid, linoleic acid, sulfur, polysorbate-80 Oleth-10, Jojoba oil, Tocopheryl acetate, hydrolyzed glycosamino- hlycans, proopylene glycol and nettle extract and amica montana flower extract and nasturtium officinale extract and rosemary leaf extract and sage leaf extract and methyle paraben and propyl paraben, PEG-50 Shea Butter, Dimethicone, Diazolidinyle urea, lactic acid, Polysorbate 20, fragrance.

But looking at these ingredients I will be using the Africa's Best more often. I love the African Pride bc you can feel the pepperment on the scalp!

I use Grandma's Secret Recipe Will-Gro Braid and Extension Sheen and Moisturizing Scalp Spry.

I started using this while wearing the braids as a protective style and it's now a part of my daily staple with Wash and Go styles.

Here are the ingredients:

Herbal Complex, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Rosemary, Sage, Wheat Germ, Aloe Vera, Lavendar, Nettle, Indian Hemp, Vitamin- E Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Metylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Essentials Oils and Sulfur.

The spray claims to accomplish the following:

Help Stop Itchy Scalp
Soften
Leave Hair Silky Smooth
For Natural and Synthetic Hair
Reduce Breakage
Encourage Growth

charmtreese

Im loving BB African Royale BRX Braid and Extensions Sheen Spray. I mix it with KCKT, and my hair has never been this moisturized, I mean NEVER!! Even though I have not been using it long enough to know if it accelerates growths, I know that it will definitely help with retention.

The ingredients are:

Deionized Water , Glycerin , Propylene Glycol , PPG-12-PEG-50 Lanolin , Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Polyquaternium 32 , Paraffinum Liquidum , Tea Tree Leaf Oil - Melaleuca Alternifolia , Polysorbate 80 , Oat Kernel Extract - Avena Sativa , Allantoin , Silk Amino Acids , Sheep Sorrell , Yarrow , Slippery Elm Bark , Sage , Henna , Comfrey , Burdock Root , Goldenseal , Cherry Bark , Ginseng , Black Walnut , Chamomile , Alfalfa , Hyssop , Wheat Germ , Methyl & Propyl Paraben , Fragrance.

Adaoba2012

I've been looking for African pride and/or Africas best braid spray at a couple CVS' and I haven't been able to find either of them. Where are you ladies getting it from? Maybe I need to check the bgecan eauty supply stores to see if I can get it there. The ingredients are amazing and I have in some senegalese twists right now.

JJamiah

Love this thread right now I use Parnevu T-Tree Braids spray I think I will give African Pride and African Royal a try based on these reviews :)

RegaLady

Afrcan Royale has this and I remember seeing a spray called Hair Energyzer or something like that and their ingrediants seemed really good.

JudithO

Bumping... anyone know a good braid spray without parabens? all the ones listed above have parabens in them....

rdm

It is not a braid spray, per se. I use Shea Moisture Scalp Spray. It does not contain parabens. It smells good too and it has Tea Tree Oil.

Bumping... anyone know a good braid spray without parabens? all the ones listed above have parabens in them....

I also preach to the moisturizing power of african royale braid spray. :yep: Never worried about moisture for sure. I just have to find a way to have less build up.:yep: (maybe only use it 2x a week?)

Hmmm...What makes parabens bad for hair? I have a 'don't buy products with these ingredients list' so why should I add parabens to that list? :lol: