MSM BENEFITS!!!

What are your results with MSM?

• Total voters

lnhair

I am thinking of taking MSM. I would like to know what your results are. Did it really benefit your hair or did you get other results that you liked please vote. I reall interested in the other benefits than just hair growth, TIA.

Last edited:

betty-boo

Yes MSM has been great so far! It has helped my new growth, which is softer and I noticed some growth spurts round the beginning with it. But I haven't been taking it regularly to really follow it through. It also helped my skin!!
I'm all for vitamins and supplements for healthy livin, so MSM is great for me.

preciousjewel76

I've noticed some hair growth, but it could be due to other things (healthy diet, Lenzi's Request, vitamins). It definitely makes my new growth less coarse, though.:)

Britt

Today makes 5 weeks since I have been taking it and I don't have any miraculous results or changes that other members have. I take about a full tablespoon of the crystals. One thing I do notice is that I get a bit gassy sometimes. I remember some of the members saying this :lol: , its like light airy gas :look: :lol: . I want MSM to help push out a lot of the toxins that I have inside of me. That's one my main reasons for taking it. I've also read that it's good for regularity and sugar control, yeast infections, digestive problems. Again, if it's making folks pass gas, i'm hoping maybe it will help with making more regular too and take care of my digestive tract. I made a promise to really stick with it to see if I see any changes in my body, hair and nails. I just re ordered 2 more 1lbs. MSM crystal flakes from a1msm.com so I see to it that I take it for at least 3 months b4 I decide to let it go. Plus, for some reason I'm getting use to drinking it everday in my water. I guess mentally I think I'm really doing something good for my body :lol: .

lnhair

Thanks ladies for th replies. I hope more people respond. I really would like to know some of the other benefits that you all have gotten taken this supplements. I heard that msm is good for a world of pronblems. I just wonder how great its healing properties are.

preciousjewel76

lnhair said:
Thanks ladies for th replies. I hope more people respond. I really would like to know some of the other benefits that you all have gotten taken this supplements. I heard that msm is good for a world of pronblems. I just wonder how great its healing properties are.

I forgot to mention, my allergy symptoms have subsided greatly since I started MSM. And, I don't get pains in my knees/feet when I exercise anymore.:)

nycutiepie

MSM has also made my hair less coarse. I have pretty good skin but it has definitely made it much more radiant.

Jewell

MSM loosened the curl pattern of my incoming NG (softer texture) and greatly decreased some pretty significant shedding I had going on at the time. Haven't taken any in over 7 mos just due to slacking, but I used to take 1 capsule (1000 mg ea) a day. It is also a great detoxifier, which is why I will resume taking it.

Crissi

I don't know about the hair yet, but i will take keep taking it for this reason Shiseido + MSM = GREAT SKIN!, ive only been using it for about a week, but the skin, even my male friends (that dont pay attention to jack said my skin is clearing up), my boyfriend said it too, he also said the rest of my skin is smoothers/cleaarer, he felt my roots and he said they are growing in softer. Heyyy msm its only been about 10 days!!

Crissi, x

nomoweavesfome

i'M NOT SURE IF MSM IS CONTRIBUTING TO MY HAIR GROWTH BECAUSE I TAKE SO MANY THINGS, BUT IT'S AMAZING HOW I'VE BEEN ABLE TO STRECTH 3 MONTH AND I FEEL LIKE I CAN STRETCH ANOTHER 3. MY NEW GROWTH IS VERY MANAGEABLE AND MY FINE 3C/4A ISH HAIR IN THE BACK'S NEW GROWTH ALMOST FEELS NON EXISTENT. i'M LIKE DID MY HAIR GROW BACK THERE??

The Girl

nomoweavesfome said:
i'M NOT SURE IF MSM IS CONTRIBUTING TO MY HAIR GROWTH BECAUSE I TAKE SO MANY THINGS, BUT IT'S AMAZING HOW I'VE BEEN ABLE TO STRECTH 3 MONTH AND I FEEL LIKE I CAN STRETCH ANOTHER 3. MY NEW GROWTH IS VERY MANAGEABLE AND MY FINE 3C/4A ISH HAIR IN THE BACK'S NEW GROWTH ALMOST FEELS NON EXISTENT. i'M LIKE DID MY HAIR GROW BACK THERE??

I agree I feel like that too. I am only like 4 weeks or so post but the texture is very different

amwcah

Oh, so that is way I'm passing gas like its nobody's business.:look:

Britt said:
Today makes 5 weeks since I have been taking it and I don't have any miraculous results or changes that other members have. I take about a full tablespoon of the crystals. One thing I do notice is that I get a bit gassy sometimes. I remember some of the members saying this :lol: , its like light airy gas :look: :lol: . I want MSM to help push out a lot of the toxins that I have inside of me. That's one my main reasons for taking it. I've also read that it's good for regularity and sugar control, yeast infections, digestive problems. Again, if it's making folks pass gas, i'm hoping maybe it will help with making more regular too and take care of my digestive tract. I made a promise to really stick with it to see if I see any changes in my body, hair and nails. I just re ordered 2 more 1lbs. MSM crystal flakes from a1msm.com so I see to it that I take it for at least 3 months b4 I decide to let it go. Plus, for some reason I'm getting use to drinking it everday in my water. I guess mentally I think I'm really doing something good for my body :lol: .

sexyaqr

I used it for the first relaxer stretch when I first joined and the new growth was more manageable, soft. Was not itching to get hair relaxed. I stopped using it after my last relaxer just to see if there was really any benefits, well my NG is still 4a but not as soft. And I got a little less growth this time around. So it is a keeper for me until I reach my goal length.

Also I started back on it last night and it had me on my back. The headaches with it is no joke. You have to drink alot of water with it

nomoweavesfome

RIGHT NOW I'M ONLY TAKING 1000 MG - I WAS OD'ING OFF OF THE DISTILL FLAKES ON LIKE 5000 MG - AND I HAD REALLY BAD JOINT ACHE WITHDRAWAL PIAN WHEN I STOPPED. 1000 MG IS SUFFICIENT FOR ME

preciousjewel76

FAMUDva said:
For those of you with noticable results, how much do you take daily and in what form?

I take 2000 mg/day (1 level teaspoon) of the DistilPure MSM flakes. Very pure, and very effective!

And ITA with whomever said that it's hard to tell if your hair is growing with the MSM! My NG is so much softer than normal, it's similar in texture to the hair I relaxed (underprocessed) the last time I had a touch-up. I should have no problems stretching this time around.

FAMUDva

WOW! It sounds like you have to have a lot of MSM! I only use 500mg. I don't plan on increasing. I use a capsule supplement and just started this month. If I don't see much difference I'm dropping it altoghether.

cocoberry10

Hair Iam said:
:) Can anyone please recommend several places to purchase MSM
Does Wall Mart carry a brand?

I take the powder form. I bought mine at Vitamin Shoppe. It's about $20+tax. I think it's working, but I'm also taking other supplements. I just bought my second can of it yesterday, and I was talking with the guy at the counter, and he said "yeah, this stuff is great, isn't it." I said "yes," and I said "I heard it's better to take this in powder form." He said "yes, anything that's available in powder form should be taken in powder form." He mixes his into his protein shake. He was also like "this is the most bitter tasting stuff," which it is. I mix mine into a small amount of orange juice or grape juice (both have lots of vitamin C). I have nice skin, so I'm not sure if it's changing it, but it hasn't made it worse. I also heard it's really good on the internal body (joints, cartilage, muscles). If it's good for your body, then it's probably good for your hair too!

tricie

Hi!

Given the amount of supplements/vitamins I take (see my siggy), it's really hard to tell if the MSM in particular helps in and of itself; I did notice that I had a lot of new growth faster this last few months, and I have been taking all of the supplements listed faithfully, every day since the end of December.

My hair does appear to be shinier and stronger since the last relaxer. You can get MSM at The Vitamin Shoppe, and Whole Foods. I'm not sure about Wal-Mart. The one I get at Whole Foods is $9.99 for a 30 day supply (3 per day).

Come to think of it, per the post by sexyaqr, you do get headaches sometimes; I didn't realize that it could have been from the MSM! :look:

Hope this helps! :D

anherica

I take two level teaspoons of the DistillPure MSM crystals daily (approx 6,000 mg). I'm not sure about whether or not it's sped up hair growth or not. But the hair that's growing in is much softer than it used to be. I can definitely notice the effects on my skin. I never had alot of problems, but I noticed that my skin is more radiant (at least I think so). I haven't had any negative effects from taking it. It's definitely a keeper.

MizAvalon

I've been taking MSM(and a bunch of other vitamins) in pill form for almost 3 months now. I haven't really noticed much difference in my hair, but my skin has cleared up nicely and I have a LOT of gas. Embarrassing as all get-out!:(

I take 7 different vitamins so I didn't know which one(or maybe all of them?) was the culprit, but it looks like it's the MSM!:lol:

I didn't realize that it was available in powder form. I just bought a 4 month supply's worth of the pills, but perhaps I will consider the powder when that runs out.

adf23

I am surprised that no one has mentioned weight loss, or am I the only one?

I have noticed that when I take MSM, it almosts acts as a diuretic for me- I go to the restroom MUCH more often, which is a positive I guess.

Before I got married in August, alot of people commented that I was losing weight. The only difference was that I had started taking MSM consistently a few months earlier. But I also noticed that my clothes were fitting me differently.

Aside from this, I have noticed a change in my nails, as well as hair growth, definitely.

I don't think I take as much as alot of gals on the board- I take about 1000mg/day.