Megatek and homemade sulphur mix

NYDee

Megatek and homemade sulfur mix

How are you ladies using them? Do you mix them together or use them on alternate days?

Last edited:
Mixing them tigether + everyday use = thick, thick, thick roots. That's been my experience after trying this combo for 2 months. Prior to trying this combo, I was just doing the sulfur mix, by itself, 2x daily.

NYDee

Re: Megatek and homemade sulfur mix

Thank you. That's good news. What is your ratio? Are you also mixing in the powder or just the oil part of the sulfur?

Mixing them tigether + everyday use = thick, thick, thick roots. That's been my experience after trying this combo for 2 months. Prior to trying this combo, I was just doing the sulfur mix, by itself, 2x daily.

AKA-Tude

What's in the sulfur mix?

Or do you mix sulfur powder in w/ Mega?

Which Mega do you use?

Sorry for all the ???...

hothair

I had a sulphur mix of a teaspoon in applicator mixed with garlic and hempseed oil. Then I had a bottle of diluted megatek (diluted with rosewater) I just mixed a bit of the sulphur -about a 1/4 bottle with the megatek I use this one

AKA-Tude

That MegaTek ain't no joke ($$)!

Does it smell odd (esp. the sulfur)??

Anywayz,
I think I will try this when the Hubz goes TDY next month
for 2 months. Then he should be able to tell me if there's
a difference, and won't have to deal with the sulfur smell
(he can be such a GIRL about smells!).

Thanx for all the info Ladies!!!

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal

Does it smell odd (esp. the sulfur)??

Anywayz,

I personally like the smell. Its a light pleasant (IMHO) scent.

Regarding the sulfur oil, yes, it still has a strong scent. However, I also add organic perfume oil to my mix - so I like the smell of MY homemade mix.

ETA: I don't find the Megatek to be overly expensive because even when I use it on the length of my hair, one bottle lasts about 10 months to a year. I use a sufficient amount on my hair (about 3-4 silver dollar sized handfuls). When I made my mix, I used 2-4 ozs. I have had my mix for a while too with no problems.

Last edited:
I don't know the specific ratio, I just put everthingI have in and then I shake it up and go from there

Thank you. That's good news. What is your ratio? Are you also mixing in the powder or just the oil part of the sulfur?

Sent from my DROIDX using Long Hair Care Forum App

nickpoopie

I've been using just the Mega-Tek itself but I have some Sulfur 8 hairdress, do you think that combination will be equivalent to the powder

VirGoViXxEn

i add 1oz of megatek to my sulfux mix which contains 8 oz of various oils and a heaping teaspoon of sulfur. I definetely notice thicker roots!! Im 4 months post and I also have alot of NG.

dancinstallion

Anywayz,

@AKA-Tude My dh is the same way. he complains all of the time. I actually just made a sulfur batch that didn't stink and I have way too much sulfur in it w/mn mustard oil, castor oil, msm . So I blame the stinky smell on some of my essential oils.