Miss cool 5 minute fast set (replacement product)

godsflowerrr

Hey ladies ...i went to the bss to get some and the guy there told me that the don't make it anymore!!!! is this true? I can't find it anywhere. i have 1/2 of a bottle left and i have had it for a long while now. he sold me some hindu sheen 5 minute set but it dried out my hair and wasn't as good. are there any other products that compare to it?

Last edited:

krissyprissy

My friend swore by this stuff, but I cant find it either. The bss worker told me it was discontinued 3 years ago. I didnt like the Hindu Sheen either.

manethang

I've been looking for this product or a replacement for years.....to no avail. :mad: I have the Hindu Sheen and use it out of shear desperation in my failing "no-heat" efforts, but it really isn't comparable to Miss Cool.

I just ordered the following product. Don't have a review yet, as it hasn't arrived, but I hopeful. I'd be happy to post a review when it arrives.

HTH!

http://www.ebonyline.com/5-minute-set.html

kitchen_tician

I think I've seen it at C & C beauty. There's one on Memorial Drive and there are a few others around town. Actually, I've seen it at many Asian owned BSS.

Last edited:

RabiaElaine

Thanks girlie for the bump...

Any reviews ladies on the new product from Ebonyline.com??

Any NY ladies find these products in BSS stores??

firecracker

I was just talking about Ms Cool pink 5 minute setting lotion. I used to love that stuff. I thought they had stopped making that a long time ago. It was a great product.

ajoyfuljoy

I was just talking about Ms Cool pink 5 minute setting lotion. I used to love that stuff. I thought they had stopped making that a long time ago. It was a great product.

lol! My mom used to use this on me all the time when I was a kid. It's funny to hear somebody talk about it again :yep:

firecracker

I need this stuff in my life like really bad! Nothing dries and sets the way this stuff did w or w/o a hairdryer. Anybody found anything close to this?

faithVA

Wow, I was just thinking about this last week and wondering what I would use instead. I loved this stuff. It would give me the best curls, soft but with a lot of hold.

I don't know of a replacement. I am going to end up trying the Jane Carter wrap and foam until I find something else.

firecracker

Wow, I was just thinking about this last week and wondering what I would use instead. I loved this stuff. It would give me the best curls, soft but with a lot of hold.

I don't know of a replacement. I am going to end up trying the Jane Carter wrap and foam until I find something else.
I guess I'll try some old Motions Foam Wrap the next time I twistout. From what I recall it dries rather quickly but I like the moisture and shine from Miss Jessies BabyButter. Hopefully I will be able to work the two together to achieve a good set and shine.

RossBoss

I would like a replacement too. I LOVED Miss Kool. Preferably, a homemade replacement as I will not be stepping foot in any Asian BSS to buy a pre-made one. I guess you would have to find out what the main ingredients were and try to replicate it at home?

Leesh

@godsflowerrr and the other women looking for a replacement, I did a lil' research for you and came across this thread, http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=210843

I also read up on it on another board and they said it's very similar to the one your seeking. The ingredients are good and it even smells and looks just like the Miss Cool's. Now I don't know cause I've never used either, but I thought this may help! :rolleyes:

ETA: My Bad, didn't read the entire thread. I see someone already posted about this product! Still may be worth a read!

Last edited: