Is Viviscal worth the money?

RabiaElaine

I've been reading past posts about Viviscal and been doing some other research. However, I trust the opinions of the ladies here. Do the benefits of Viviscal outweigh the money and any possible side-effects?

Thanks for the help.

Kimmil129

I did not try Viviscal but I did try HF37 I liked HF37 it made my hair thick and healthy it was too expensive to keep up with so I buy it periodically( I had a membership) or I just buy a multi and Amino Acid pills and call it a day.

NYCchild

I totally agree with Black mama, i would suggest some of the supplements that we all take care here.

GNC ultranourish hair
Puritan pride Biotin
B-complex
amino acids

RabiaElaine

I have been taking GNC Ulta Nourishair and I don't know if I'm really seeing any results in terms of increase growth per month from it, and I've been taking it for almost a year. To be honest I haven't really been keeping track in terms of measurements, I really should start doing that.

Thanks for the advice though, any other advice is much appreciated:)

Allandra

Although I have never taken Viviscal, I think a good vitamin/supplement regimen would be better and maybe even less expensive.

RabiaElaine

Thanks Allandra

I'm on:
-GNC UltraNourishair
-Biotin 5mg
-Vitamin C
-Multivitamin (performance level)

I will be adding others that I was on last summer again. And try to stay on them.

I was just looking for a vitamin that will really give a growth boost to get past this awkward length. Where its really too short to have good protective styles.

H

HoneyRockette

When it comes to supplements and pills, you have to try it for yourself for more than one month to know if it works for you. Vitamins work with your body's chemistry so results may vary from person to person. I used Bargello's regimen for three months last year and I only got 3/4 of an inch a month while others got 1-2 inches. I have used Viviscal in the past and I am thinking of purchasing it again at the end of this year. As far as money is concerned, a six month's supply of Viviscal is $300, which is steep. However, many women on this board spend about $50 a month on vitamins which is about $300 for a six month's supply anyway. It just seems more expensive because you are dropping $50 for one thing instead of 6 or 7. Most women on the board have not used Viviscal long enough to see results because of the price. They stop after one or two months. The makers clearly state that results may not appear until after six months so if you take it, I suggest you buy a six month's supply at once. I used it for about a year and then stopped. Although my growth increase plateaued after a while, I still got more than I would've gotten otherwise. Either way, I'd rather take two pills a day rather than 15 or 20. You should ask Lucia. She has been taking Viviscal for a while with good results.

H

HoneyRockette

Hair started growing on my chest but it wasn't thick or bushy, just annoying because I am otherwise hairless. My finger and toenails also grew faster.

H

HoneyRockette

Viviscal was worth it to me because I hate popping pills. You only need to take two Viviscal for the first 6 months and then one a day after that. The "cheaper" alternative to Viviscal involves taking up to 20 pills a day until you reach your goal. If you are all for popping pills then take 5 biotin, 10 aminos, 2 B-complex, 3 MSM, 2 Marine Protein, 2 EPO, 3 Flaxseed Oil, and two Nourishair. However if you are like me and start gagging after the third pill, then Viviscal may be more up your alley. Whether you go with Viviscal or the individual hair vitamins, you are going to have to invest anywhere from 3-6 months to see the full results. Either way, it gets pricey!

H

HoneyRockette

BTW, the reason why I stopped using it is because I didn't think it was worth it anymore because everyone else got 1-2 inches taking the individual vitamins. It wasn't until I tried them and realized I only got 3/4 of an inch either way, that I realized Viviscal is the better option for me. Like I said everyone is different.

OnlyErin

Hey, RabiaElaine!

I'm a Viviscal taker of 4 months and I really like it. The only pill I've taken that comes close to the results I've gotten was an Amino Hair pill I've seen sold only in malls. As HoneyRockette pointed out, it is a little pricey because the outlay is an all-at-once thing and not a little at a time. I get my Viviscal from here , which is the cheapest I've found.

HR is also correct that you have to give Viviscal time, as you do with all vitamins. It started working for me after a couple of months, but everyone is different.

Try it and see if you like it, but you will have to invest the time to see results. It may not work for you. I know a person who took it for 2 years and saw no appreciable results.
I think it's worth a try and worth the money. I'm down to my last two weeks of a 3-month supply, and I'm reordering today or tomorrow.

HTH,

OE

OnlyErin

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
RabiaElaine said:
OnlyErin,
How much growth per month are you achieving with it as compared to being with out it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'd say 3/4th - 7/8th of an inch as opposed to about 1/2 an inch without. I commented on another Viviscal thread that my hairdresser said he couldn't believe how much new growth I had, and this was about 3 weeks after a touchup (and I was not underprocessed, for a change).

OE

adrienne0914

i've never tried Viviscal, but i did use HF37 for about five months. it was a waste of money for me, but others had success with it.

if you're really considering Viviscal, also check into GNC Delinea, which is supposed to be almost the same thing:

GNC Delinea

adrienne

RabiaElaine

Adrienne,
Thanks for the tip as always.:)

OnlyErin,
Have you heard about the GNC version Delinea? I read somewhere that if you take 2.5 of those tablets, that should equal Viviscal. What do you think?

H

HoneyRockette

You know, I think I just convinced myself to get Viviscal again. I was trying to come up with another vitamin regimen but I might as well just get Viviscal again. I just remembered how much I hate popping pills. Does anyone want a couple bottles of PP liquid aminos and PP biotin? I am going to officially post it on the swap board so get back to me on there.

OnlyErin

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
RabiaElaine said:
Adrienne,
Thanks for the tip as always.:)

OnlyErin,
Have you heard about the GNC version Delinea? I read somewhere that if you take 2.5 of those tablets, that should equal Viviscal. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, that may be a good $-saving technique, and there's a GNC right near me . . .

Thanks for tip, Adrienne!

OE

Titansgirl

Here is a comparison of the ingredients in Viviscal, Delinea, and Elitelab MArine Protein. I hope this helps....

Delinea
(1) tablet
Natural Marine Protein Complex 250mg
Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid) 30mg
Vitamin E (as Natural d-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate) 5IU
Zinc (as Zinc Proteinate) 7.5mg
Silica(as Horsetail Herb) 3.5mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, Natural Orange

Viviscal
(1) tablet 500mg tablet of Viviscal contains
Natural Extract Mixture of Marine Origin 300mg
Acerola Extract (correspo. To Vitamin C 30mg) 120mg
Silica Compound 30mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate and Black Currant Flovour

Elite Marine Protein (1 tablet)
Marine Protein 300mg
Beta-Carotene 100mg
Tocopherol 30mg
Ascorbic Acid 30mg
Co Q-10 5mg
Zinc 3mg
Silicon Dioxide 2mg
Selenium 10mcg
Biotin 5mcg

miss_brown

Hey, ya'll. This is my first post so I guess I'm official now
Anyhoo, I just wanted to make two quick points:
1. If the Delinea costs half as much as the Viviscal and you have to take at least two of the GNC Delinea to get the same effect as the Viviscal anyway, then you might as well buy the Viviscal because the costs will be almost the same.
2. I took Vivscal for about 1 month (in addition to biotin, EPO, and a multi), and my hair growth increased from about .5 inches per month to about .75 inches per month. I guess I'll never know how much my growth would have increased if I took it for longer, but frankly, I ran out of money. I'm not sure if it's worth it to you (and this could get really expensive), but if you took it in conjunction with other vitamins, then you might really see a difference.

HTH,
brown

H

HoneyRockette

I was looking into Delinea myself. I am a Gold Club Member at GNC so it would probably be a little cheaper for me, especially if I buy six at a time. However, Delinea is still missing an ingredient. What in Delinea is the equivalent to Acerola Extract in Viviscal? I don't know what that is, but what if it is important? Did anyone ever find out if the marine protein in both are the same thing? I don't mind paying less for a knock off, (in fact, I'd love it), but I don't think Delinea is one. I just think it is a product with marine protein and vitamin C in it. The real Viviscal results are iffy enough without using a cheaper substitute and expecting the same or better results. No one here has ever used it, (unless you count that one lady from NC but we don't know her history). We just compare ingredients and assume it is the same. If two different biotin brands give different results, how can we assume that two different products that aren't even marketed the same will give the same results? I think someone should be a guinea pig and use it for at least 6 months so that we can honestly say that Delinea works the same as Viviscal. At least it would be a testimonial rather than a money saving tip. You wouldn't trust me if I sent you to buy a car from a guy I have never been to. This should be no different. If Delinea doesn't work the same as Viviscal, you have wasted time and money regardless.

OnlyErin

Also, I did some research last night, and read that Delinea was to skin what Viviscal is to hair. Now, not that I wouldn't like better skin, but if good skin is Delinea's focus, I'd rather have the Viviscal. Also, the person who said having to take twice as much Delinea to equal one Viviscal might turn out to be the same price-wise has a good point. And so does HR about the missing ingredient.

I think I'll stick to Viviscal.

OE

H

HoneyRockette

Also when I took Viviscal, my skin cleared up anyway. Hair, skin and nails are all connected but hair is always the last thing to show up. Nails usually show improvement first, then skin and lastly hair. I can imagine you would have to take Delinea for a long time to see improvements in your hair if it is specifically for skin.