NATURAL 4A/Bs Who Heat Straighten: I Found a Solution! NO Reversion\NO Frizzy Ends!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Re: NATURAL 4A/Bs Who Heat Straighten: I Found a Solution! NO Reversion\NO Frizzy End

Thank you! I'm going to subscribe to this thread!

Lynnerie

Re: NATURAL 4A/Bs Who Heat Straighten: I Found a Solution! NO Reversion\NO Frizzy End

Ok I'll be getting some today! I'm so happy for you Pooh Bear!

I'm transitioning and this is going to really give me hope to keep on going. Thanks for posting and you and your hair look fabulous! :yep:

The Savvy Sistah

Thanks for passing on this info!

Your hair looks really nice.

I love how it looks even with the grease on it, it doesn't look weighed down.

Great Job!

jada1111

Thanks Poohbear.

I won't be using it to straighten though. I need something to moisturize my hair without making it feel greasy. Hope this works! :-D

:yay: Proclaim Emerald Bergamot Hair & Scalp Conditioner (green grease)!!!! :yay:

I used this product to flat-iron my natural hair yesterday and my hair did not frizz up or revert at all!!! I used a Chi iron (370 degrees F) with my mom's Proclaim grease and my hair got really straight, and I never had smooth hair ends like this from heat straightening on my own. I could also comb my hair without my hair puffing up at all. The comb glided through my hair like a knife through butter! I am in Michigan right now and I went outside and to the mall and everything with my family, and my hair stayed straight!!! It didn't turn into a fro and my ends stayed non-frizzy.

I know people say that grease doesn't moisturize... well, this particular grease moisturizes like no other product I've ever used on my hair. It made my hair silky and shiny and softer. My hair also has movement, it's not stiff at all. I can't wait to get my own stash once I get back home from Michigan.

So, to my natural sisters who have that nappy kinky tightly coiled shrinky hair texture that's very resistant to heat straightening like mine, this Proclaim grease may be for you!!! ;)

*P.S. I'm on my sidekick right now, I'll post pics later.*

EDITED WITH PICS:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

Poohbear, I'm happy that you found something that works for you!

Irresistible

Thats really cool and good to know and your hair looks great! :yep:

prettywhitty

Your hair looks great! I'll have to try that the next time I straighten.​

Tee

Pooh, your hair is FAB!!

christyb

Did you use any other products on your hair

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Did you use any other products on your hair
I blowdried with Motions Nourish leave-in and Chi Silk Infusion Reconstructing Complex. I have also straightened my hair with just those two products before and my hair would frizz up later on. After using those products up, I plan on using just that grease for everything. ;)

almond eyes

Hey Poohbear,

Your skin looks glowing with your hair.

Please be careful with the grease and pressing. In Liberia, we call these types of greases good pressing hair grease. In the end with the heat you end up with very straight pieces of hair and little body left to your hair if you do it often. I know many Liberian older women who pressed their hair with grease and it made their hair very straight and no reversion or poofiness but they were left with no more curls. Unless you don't mind then that's the only caution I would give to you. My mother who used to have very thick 4B hair now has 3c hair from pressing with grease over the years. She likes her hair natural now because she can slick some gel and go but she hates the straight pieces and the fact that its not as thick as it used to be.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Ms Lala

Your hair looks great. I am pro-grease! I'm glad this worked for you. My mother used to use bergamont grease to press my hair and it worked well. I just wouldn't do it too often because my hair ended up thinner and not reverting but I was using a hot comb on high heat.

Piscian0318

this technique also works with pressing creme too. I used REP and I'm in love with ultra sheen pressing creme it's vegatable oil based. (alittle better then grease) doesn't weigh hair down if you use it right and I use the maxi glide to flat iron.

Poohbear

That's what I was going to ask, whether or not your hair still had movement??

Yep, my hair had movement and it still does! (I haven't washed my hair in 4 weeks since I posted this thread)! Lol!

Last edited:

Candycane044

Yep, my hair had movement and it still does! (I haven't washed my hair in 4 weeks since I posted this thread)! Lol!

Poohbear you and your hair look AMAZING!!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

LadyKaypnyc

Still too much of a punk to straighten, but your hair looks GAWGUS DARRRLING!

naturalmanenyc

Wow!!! It held up for FOUR weeks!!!! Amazing.

AtlantaJJ

Some one would have to come get me down off the ceiling if I didn't wash my hair for 4 weeks :lol:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

I never thought I'd straighten with grease (especially petroleum based), but I tried it on my roots for the first time the other day.

I used my regular heat protectant, Fantasia IC on my hair and applied a tiny bit of marcel wax on the roots. I have never had a press that looked this good and wasn't frizzy. I put pics in my fotki.

In the past, I'd just use a heat protectant but my hair would frizz up if I even thought about moisture. If I get hot, my head is the first part of my body to sweat. I wish I could be like some ladies and only use a serum, but my hair needs more.

The marcel wax has made a world of a difference. Sure I may have a slight weighted feeling in my hair, but it still has movement and excellent body. I washed it out today and had 100% reversion, no damage done.

ETA: Poohbear, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to post a picture of my results:

Last edited:

ImFree27

very pretty, i was thinking about the marcel wax, but wasn't sure if it would work or not, i may buy it and try it one piece of hair

BlkRushhin

In the past, I'd just use a heat protectant but my hair would frizz up if I even thought about moisture. If I get hot, my head is the first part of my body to sweat. I wish I could be like some ladies and only use a serum, but my hair needs more.

The marcel wax has made a world of a difference. Sure I may have a slight weighted feeling in my hair, but it still has movement and excellent body. I washed it out today and had 100% reversion, no damage done.

ETA: Poohbear, I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to post a picture of my results:

Gotta agree Priss Pot about that marcel wax and heat protectants. A couple of weeks ago I let my auntie press my hair for the first time in 20+ years. At first I was skeptical. But once she started applying the wax and began pressing, I started to remember how good that stuff works on my hair. Although my hair was very big and somewhat uncontrollable at times, I was surprised at the body and movement I had. :shocked:

Attachments

• pressncurl_day3.jpg
    pressncurl_day3.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 31

Poohbear

I never thought I'd straighten with grease (especially petroleum based), but I tried it on my roots for the first time the other day.

I used my regular heat protectant, Fantasia IC on my hair and applied a tiny bit of marcel wax on the roots. I have never had a press that looked this good and wasn't frizzy. I put pics in my fotki.

I don't mind at all. Your hair looks great! It has really grown too since your BC! :yep:

Ms_Twana

Very pretty Priss. I love those curlies too, though!!! :yep:

africanqueen456

A spanish friend of mine put me onto this...Her hair doesnt revert(even in the rain!)...