New Mobile Applications

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Will there be an app developed for the Kindle?

Thanks in advance for your reply

At the moment no. I know the developers are working for the BlackBerry application. Once that is released I am sure we can create an app for the Kindle but at the moment I don't know when that will materialize.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Maybe i'm doing something wrong. I have a droid and after my app stopped working i uninstalled it and tried to install it again. But for some reason it won't download. It looks like the same app. Maybe i'll have to just pay and download tapatalk. What's the difference between the lhcf app and tapatalk? Also what am i doing wrong? TIA.

We no longer use Tapatalk for the service provider. You can either download the Long Hair Care Forum app or ForumRunner. Both work just fine :)

Hazel

Hi @dimopoulos I installed the most recent version of the app on my i-phone and I think I lost the ability to reply to a thread while reading it. Am I doing something wrong?

PrincessKia

I just want to say that I love the new app. It never really crashes on me and if it does it restarts all by itself. Before I would have to kill the task on my phone. It's much easier to navigate and I like that it's more functional.

My only request is... Is there anyway to increase the text font size?

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
With the newest iphone app update how do you cut off the phone notifications to post replies? I'd rather not be notified by phone every time someone replies to a post I'm in.

weaveadiva

dimopoulos said:
We no longer use Tapatalk for the service provider. You can either download the Long Hair Care Forum app or ForumRunner. Both work just fine :)

Oh my goodness, Niko. Why are you just telling me this? lol

I've been struggling on my Kindle browser, never knowing we were on FR. I feel like my life has been renewed :)

Just one question...is there a way to post smilies from FR? I see an option for attachments, but it's only for pics.

Sent from my awesome Kindle Fire

mschristine

Is their anything that can be done about the errors and parse reports? I love this app but i can barely open up any of the threads anymore...any help?

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
I contacted the developer about this. We should have a reply soon.

The Android version did get an update recently and thus far the iPhone one is at 1.5.14.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Thank you ladies. I will forward this information to the developers and hopefully will get a resolution real quick

natural2008

dimopoulos said:
Thank you ladies. I will forward this information to the developers and hopefully will get a resolution real quick

dimopoulos - please tell them they are messing with our LHCF time teeeeehehee :0).

Last edited:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
dimopoulos - please tell them they are messing with our LHCF time teeeeehehee :0).

LOL. I doubt it.

Our mobile apps work with two pieces of code. One is the app you (and me) have in your cell. The other part of the app is installed in the forum so that it can act as a communication point between the phone and the forum.

The message shows (well it appears to that is) that the version of the app we have in the forum is not correct.

I double checked and we are running the latest code on both phone and forum.

I will let you know as soon as I get a response from them.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
A brief update ladies on this.

The developer has yet to figure out why this is happening. Some clients i.e. members that have the app installed get a 404 page (page not found) when accessing the relevant script which will provide data back to the mobile application so that content is shown. This doesn't happen constantly and for all so it comes up with that error that some of you are experiencing.

A temporary solution would be to install the ForumRunner application on your phone and try accessing the forum from there. The FR application does not have the ability to thank a post but would most likely work and allow you at least to read content.

Sorry but I don't have an iPhone so I cannot test this - just a suggestion.

Shinka

Hi I can't post from the mobile iPhone app. The "send" button isn't live. I can type in the window after I hit reply to thread, but I can hit "send" to post.

Shinka

Figure out the solution. If I hit "return" the send button works

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

I think we found out finally what was going on with certain users seeing an error message using the iPhone app.

What appears to be happening is that the connection between your phone and the server was being reset, thus resulting in the error. If there was a delay in that communication, the site's server would effectively timeout and drop the connection.

I have made some adjustments so as to help with this issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

crlsweetie912

Ladies,

I think we found out finally what was going on with certain users seeing an error message using the iPhone app.

What appears to be happening is that the connection between your phone and the server was being reset, thus resulting in the error. If there was a delay in that communication, the site's server would effectively timeout and drop the connection.

I have made some adjustments so as to help with this issue.

Please let me know if the issue persists.

I'm still having problems from my iPad.....the app freezes and won't let me in unless I do a hard reset.