GNC Hair Vits vs Natures Bounty and Futurebiotics

mrshicks2002

As I have been still doing my research on which hair vitamins I would like to try I was reading on growafrohairlong site what vitamins do for your hair. I came across between GNC hair, skin and nail vits, Natures Bounty and GNC futurebiotics hair, skin and nails that GNC hair, skin and nail vits were missing alot of what the website stated about different vitamins.

I was always wondering why and how someone choose futurebiotics hair vits over GNC hair vits if they are coming from the same place and now I know.From the list GNC doesnt have any choline bitrate, no Inosital, No iron, no magnesium, no PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid) and no b-12.

The only vitamin from the list that Nature Bounty or futurebiotics were missing was copper. I know that some vitamins might have what others dont and more like GNC has MSM and a little more.

So I was wondering when you bought your hair, skin and nail vitamins what made you purchase the brand that you have and what brand are you taking.

Here is the list from growafrohairlong

[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Biotin: thickens the hair strands.[/FONT] [FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica][FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Choline Bitarate:[/FONT] keeps the hair root moist. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica][FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Copper: [/FONT]prolongs your original hair color[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica][FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Folic Acid: [/FONT]for cell renewal to grow hair. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Inositol: reduces hair falling from the root. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Iodine: regulates the thyroid hormone for hair growth. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Iron: helps reduce balding-Hair falling from the root. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Manganese: produces growth of the hair and nails. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Niacin: produces blood flow to the follicle to produce hair growth. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Pantothenic Acid: produces hair growth and stimulation of new growth. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Para-Amonobenzoic Acid: prevents hair loss and protects follicles. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Riboflavin: prevents dandruff and helps with the absorption of iron. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Thiamine: prevents hair loss. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Vitamin A: keeps moisture in your hair strands so you'll have less chance of breakage. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Vitamin B-12: stimulates hair growth. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica]Zinc: produces hair growth.[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif, helvetica][/FONT]

tnorenberg

I started out w/ the GNC brand. It was ok, nothing special. Many of the LHCF ladies raved about the Futurebiotics brand so I switched. I really can't say that my experience has been noticably different.

lisana

I tried GNC also, and it was a good vitamin but I think I want to try Futurebiotics as well.

Nonie

When I used to buy hair vitamins, I would try to find those that don't echo the same ingredients in my multi because oil-soluble vitamins can be toxic and can even lead to hairloss if taken in excess. So I tended to find those that had the basic hair needs not in my multi and that had the "essentials" in high quantities since I was already taking a potent multi that had a lot of the other nutrients.

Great Hair by Vitol was one I liked because of its high content of biotin without having crazy amounts of the nutrients I was already getting from my multi.
Twinlab Hair Factors is another hair multi I took when I didn't get Great Hair.

For me, hair multis were just extra. My complete health came first so I would first find a multi that provided all I needed in high enough quantities to be immunity boosting, and then fill in the gaps with a hair multi. I didn't see much change taking hair multis coz I think my regular multi was enough so I stopped bothering with hair multis.