COLD AIR BLOW DRYERS

scarcity21

Are they any out there?
Im 4b natural and I know to stretch out hair you have to braid or cornrow, but sometimes after a wash im in a hurry and i dont have time to cornrow it for a day or so to stretch b4 styling, so i was wondering if there are any hand held blow dryers with no heat, just cool air settings.
TIA ladies.

mscoco

I too am a 4B with very thick hair. I have been looking and the only blow dryer out there that come close are those with the cool button included. I wanted to wear my hair with some length this weekend and I had to use my old blow dryer with the cold button setting on it.

If you find one please let me know, I have been looking but unable to find one.....I wonder if we could ask one of the companies that already make these to see if they would at least listen to our request to create one?

Well_Coiffed

Hi,

I have recently ventured into the Tourmaline/Ionic/Ceramic blow dryers. These have heat settings plus a "cold shot" button. So you may find one that has a cool setting. I'm just not sure an "all cold" blow dryer exists. Try looking on www.folica.com at the different brands and types of dryers. You may find something that suits your needs.

Good Luck!

dicapr

Vidal Sassoon has a blow dryer with a cool setting. The air is barley warm. It costs about $14.

lana

Um, since we're talking blow dryers, I'm a 4a natural and right now I use an ionic blow dryer that does okay. But it's a lot of heat. I know I need to watch how much heat I put on my hair.

Anyways I was thinking of buying a new blow dryer - the kind with the wide tooth comb attachments. It looks like this: http://www.folica.com/Hot_Tools_Brush_d969.html

Do you think my hair would have less damage using this type of dryer? Right now I use the round nozzle type of blow dryer with a comb attachment and I feel like no matter how careful I am - it's possibly damaging my hair.

Help - pretty please?

lana

Oh and lastly, can you guys really get your natural hair straightened out with the cool shot button? I thought we needed heat to straighten the hair out?

This next wash I'm going to try air drying after I detangle and then flat ironing my hair. I wish I could skip the blow dryer all together.

Lana

scarcity21

dicapr said:
Vidal Sassoon has a blow dryer with a cool setting. The air is barley warm. It costs about $14.

Maybe i'll try that... as a matter of fact i think my mom has that...see if she'll let me borrow.

lanaOh and lastly, can you guys really get your natural hair straightened out with the cool shot button? I thought we needed heat to straighten the hair out?

I dunno. i havent tried using cold air to straighten, i was going to experiment. i wasnt really trying to straighten per se, i just need a quick way to dry my hair b4 I twist bcos I heard twists look better on dry hair vs wet hair.
Oh well, if it doesnt work out i will have to stick with cornrowing a day b4 i put my twists in.

CocoGlow

Doin' tha BUMP!!

I'd too like to know if there are any blow dryers out there with a cool SETTING option not just the cool shot BUTTON

I've been experimenting with blowdrying using only the cool shot button & I love the way it stretches my 4B natural hair .. it's not silky straight to say the least but that's not what I am going for... I love that there is no damage & no need to use a silicone based heat protectant!!

I've been using the Tension Only method and the Cool Shot Button does the job but my finger starts to hurt after a while having to press it for so long during the drying process :nono:..

I'd love some recommendations ladies! :grin:

CocoGlow

Doin' tha BUMP!!

I'd too like to know if there are any blow dryers out there with a cool SETTING option not just the cool shot BUTTON

I've been experimenting with blowdrying using only the cool shot button & I love the way it stretches my 4B natural hair .. it's not silky straight to say the least but that's not what I am going for... I love that there is no damage & no need to use a silicone based heat protectant!!

I've been using the Tension Only method and the Cool Shot Button does the job but my finger starts to hurt after a while having to press it for so long during the drying process :nono:..

ANYBODY???? :look:

FtrDrO

I have an Andis Elevate tourmaline ionic nanoceramic (what a mouth full....) blow dryer. It has a cool shot button, but also has an air only setting. So you can set the blow dryer on no heat, heat 1, and heat 2, all with low or high speed.

CocoGlow

I have an Andis Elevate tourmaline ionic nanoceramic (what a mouth full....) blow dryer. It has a cool shot button, but also has an air only setting. So you can set the blow dryer on no heat, heat 1, and heat 2, all with low or high speed.

Ok cool..so this Air Only option is room temp?

newports

Doin' tha BUMP!!

fhi heat nano 1900.
it has 2 speed settings (low & high) & 3 heat settings (cool warm high) AND a cool shot BUTTON. its not the kind of button you have to hold either.

sounds cool.
:grin:

Last edited:

CocoGlow

Thanks ladies!

I'm still researching .... any other recommendations for a blow dryer w/ a cool setting/switch and not just the cool shot button??? :look: