Instant Weave Lovers. Half vs Full cap?

catgurl

Hiya,

I have been lurking on the Half-wig and wig challenge threads and think that I am finally ready to try wigs as a PS. I am sooo tired of bunning.

I have recent used phony ponies and love them, so I'm inclined to go with a half-wig as it seems like the next step. I like the idea of being able to blend with my own hair but are there cons that I should know about?

Can anyone say what the pros and cons are?

Does a "full-cap" mean you can't leave any hair out?

What is the difference between a full-cap instant weave and regular ol' wig?!:dizzy:

Thank you for your help!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I'll have to vote for the half wig because I like something that looks more believable. You can blend your own hair in and only those with a trained eye can tell right away if you do a good job.

However, if you don't want to go through the hassle of having to style the front of your hair then maybe a full cap will do for you. Some people put headbands on to cover the two textures and that involves no styling of your own hair.

I buy half caps with curly styles because I believe it's easier to blend my own hair. I just put about 6-7 rods in the front before getting in the shower. I only rock them in the winter time because in the summer time I don't want anything hot on my head.

I LOVE HALFSIES!!!

BellaLunie

Lately I've just been wearing lacefronts but I also love halfwigs. I think the full cap is just like a regular wig. The way I blend mine is usually a bantu knot or a braid out.

Pros- you have access to your hair so you can moisturize and seal, dc, etc. Less manipulation and thus more length retainment(sp)

Cons- probably not being able to blend hair 100%

brucebettye

Can anyone say what the pros and cons are?
I had no cons with wearing a half wig. I wore them for about 2 years with no problem. I used the ones with the comb and I would braid my hair underneath and would make a horizontal braid in the front and back to hold the combs in place so that the wig would not fall off. Also I only left a little hair out in the front.

Does a "full-cap" mean you can't leave any hair out?
It depends on the wig. Some have bangs and you don't have to leave any hair out, but you can always leave some hair out if you want to.

What is the difference between a full-cap instant weave and regular ol' wig?!
The difference is just combs. Most of the full cap instant weaves comes with combs and a wig does not have combs just a strap in the back to adjust it to fit your head.

I hope this help you.

catgurl

Thank you ladies! I think I will go with the half-wigs mostly and get one full cap to experiment.

More replies welcome!

*Frisky*

I think FreeTress brand refers to their half wigs and ponytails as "full cap."
I am unsure if you can wear them as a full wig or not but I think it would look too wiggy. They do have some full wigs though but they have bangs. I have a few full wigs and I don't wear them as often as my half wigs. Again, they look too wiggy to me. My favorite one is Carmen by Model Model and you can style her in alot of different styles to make it cute and she is convienent. I have seen some full wigs on other people that are cute but they usually have a bang and I am not a fan of bangs. Most people warn about the combs for half wigs and how they can cause breakage so they cut them out and use pins. Personally I dont do this cause I have not experience any breakage.