WIG CHALLENGE 2013

auntybe

I'm in. Here's pic of my hair from the side. I had a salad plate size bald spot in the top a year ago from stress. It grew back. I wear a wig every day. My goal is SL. I am will using Nexxus Products for the first three months of the year and I will wear twist under my wig.

Attachments

• 545528_499685153387555_717515800_n.jpg
    545528_499685153387555_717515800_n.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:

LightEyedMami

I'm in!!...I am wearing kinky twists now, but i will be taking them down in 2 weeks, wigs equal great retention for me because it keeps me aware of dc'ing and m&s nightly.....I am soooo close to BSL and and my plan is to get to (at least ) grazing MBL in 2013...i will wig it until its gets really hot this summer, then i will have to bun until fall.

strawbewie

I got my cornrows put in today sprayed some chicoro leave- in then put Shea butter and coconut oil on my ends. Tomorrow will put on a new wig.. I think.. I wanted to wait till 1/1/13 but we will see in the am

Totally in, I discovered wigs in Sept 2012 and haven't taken it off since (figuratively of course! :p) Wigs are the bombbb and I hope I can do it for ALL of 2013. After my wetting/conditioning, I braid my hair in 4 braids as close to my head as I can because I can't cornrow, lol, and put my wig cap on and go! Wigs were my LIFESAVER this past semester, I was literally in a million places at once only coming home at night to sleep and gone by 8 am the next day. I didn't get to do a lot of stuff to my hair which was awesome because it helped me retain length but at the same time I want to try some new things such as: ayuverdic, oiling before conditioning, more regular trims, more protein, etc. Usually I only take my hair out and condition every 7-14 days because I am so busy. I also shampoo like every 1.5 months because I minimize oils so my hair doesn't have any build up. My length is all over the place now but it will probably go from BSL to APL or so soon because I have to cut it :/ I want to take photos though so I can feel encouraged during 2013. I need to find a good length shirt. Let's do this yall!!

jareya

I'm in! I wigged my way through 2012, and my length retention and overall condition of my hair has been amazing!

jayjaycurlz

Ladies please continue to post your regimen! I'm looking to make some changes to mine, particularly regarding caring for my edges while wigging it. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

strawbewie

Today I put on the Freetress Equal Gala wig.. It's not new but renewed with a wash and condition...

I sprayed some chicoro leave -in prior to putting it on, put some oil mix on edges

image-2182907889.jpg

missliberia

I'm joining! Just made it to APL and I want to maximize my length retention in 2013 so that I can claim BLS in December. I purchased my first 2 wigs (Beshe Drew and Beshe Shelly) online and will be wigging it 100% of the time once they arrive. Does anyone know where to find cheap length check t-shirts?

beauti

I'm joining! Just made it to APL and I want to maximize my length retention in 2013 so that I can claim BLS in December. I purchased my first 2 wigs (Beshe Drew and Beshe Shelly) online and will be wigging it 100% of the time once they arrive. Does anyone know where to find cheap length check t-shirts?
u can make your own for free :ohwell:

Linxnme

I am in this challenge for sure. I had a wig of the month from September through December and loved it! It was easy and made taking care of hair underneath even easier. I am flat ironed for now but I will be back to my wig in February. I want to flat iron and clip my ends before I wig it full time again.

Babygrowth

I like wigs but lately it seems like no matter what I do my cornrows are always dry. I don't know what to do... I cowash at least 1x week and m/s everyday. Maybe I need to do twice a day... any suggestions

strawbewie

jayjaycurlz said:
strawbewie - what products did you use to wash and condition your wig?

I used a wig shampoo, soaked it for a few minutes and washed it out...I then conditioned it with a Suave conditioner coconut and let it soak.. I did not rinse out...I blotted it dry with a T-shirt and then used a pants hanger to hang it to dry... I did some detangling while wet...some say that's a NoNo but my wigs are fine

KaramelDiva1978

Justgrowalready.com. Affordable and super cute styles.

melisandre

I've been wearing a sew-in lately, but I miss my full lace wig. I will probably buy another one this year. It seems to be the best protective style for me.

RockCreak

Hmmm... I think I just may join this challenge!

I've been wanting a new style to change my look, but didn't want to cut my hair.

I'll be wig shopping this weekend!

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I'm in as usual. I just ordered 2 synthetic wigs (I normally do human but I'm trying something new). I ordered Gala and Bree. Gonna get my cornrows put in tomorrow.

strawbewie

I like wigs but lately it seems like no matter what I do my cornrows are always dry. I don't know what to do... I cowash at least 1x week and m/s everyday. Maybe I need to do twice a day... any suggestions

A few ppl like me spray hair with a braid spray or homemade spray before putting wig on and after wig comes off....I also co- wash twice a week

beauti

started individual box braids last night, no extensions. Will finish sometime today. just easier to get to my scalp this way and I can co wash more often. Will redo these like every month. gonna post pics when I'm done

Babygrowth

started individual box braids last night, no extensions. Will finish sometime today. just easier to get to my scalp this way and I can co wash more often. Will redo these like every month. gonna post pics when I'm done

I think I'm going to try this way of braiding. Because my scalp in cornrows and even sometimes the actual cornrows don't seem moisturized.

strawbewie I will be sure to spray twice a day...

felic1

:bookworm:I am in with the challenge. I will be wigging it in 2013. I will be needing advice and tips so I will be checking in and posting. Did I ever hear someone say that you should oil your wig cap edges to keep them from breaking your hairline edges?

JustGROWwithIt

I've been wearing a wig for a little over a month now and have had no problems with dryness. I spray my flat twists every night with a mix of half braid spray and half Infusium 23 Repair & Renew and a couple squirts of Wen conditioner. I drench my hair every night with it, and wash and DC with steam once a week. I also do a hot oil treatment every 2 weeks when I take my twists out to redo them. It's been working great for me so far!

Babygrowth

I've been wearing a wig for a little over a month now and have had no problems with dryness. I spray my flat twists every night with a mix of half braid spray and half Infusium 23 Repair & Renew and a couple squirts of Wen conditioner. I drench my hair every night with it, and wash and DC with steam once a week. I also do a hot oil treatment every 2 weeks when I take my twists out to redo them. It's been working great for me so far!

I'm going to try this exact mix this weekend! Well, minus the Wen because I don't have it yet. I do need to go back to my oil treatments/prepoos...

KaramelDiva1978

I'm going to try this exact mix this weekend! Well, minus the Wen because I don't have it yet. I do need to go back to my oil treatments/prepoos...

You can also try S-curl spray whether relaxed or natural. My hair did great with S-curl and sealed with olive oil. Even a spritz of water, NTM and an oil of choice with a wig cap and wig. Moisture for days and I co-washed weekly. HTH!