• Neither did anything/Never Used

Votes: 100 17.9%
  • APX. Same Results/Used together-Cant tell

Votes: 84 15.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ThinNnappy

ITs multiple choice
For me,- MSM was better for my overall health with it stopping cramps and stuff like that-
-biotin gave me the worst side affects, and it took forever for them to go away ( bumps)
-And dont really know which one grew my hair the fastest

Shaniquah

ThinNnappy said:
ITs multiple choice
For me,- MSM was better for my overall health with it stopping cramps and stuff like that-
-biotin gave me the worst side affects, and it took forever for them to go away ( bumps)
-And dont really know which one grew my hair the fastest

Oooh, oooh! I'm with you on the Biotin, I was just too through with my face :cry3:This went on for a couple of weeks, but now it's finally under control. Maybe drinking more water will help. Not sure on what it's done for my hair, but my nails are certainly thanking me!

cutiebe2

with UltraNourish hair I have a little MSM and i need to get more. I have been using Biotin and when I look my braids out my new growth felt sooo nice. I also could be because I have started so many new Vits, but I htink Biotin is good.

Country gal

I used Biotin and MSM at the same time. I had horrible zips. I stopped using both of them. I want to try MSM powder.

ThinNnappy

This looks like msm is better than biotin-i was trying to find out which one to stick to cause im tryna cut down on all the vits.-plus the zits and bumps are horrible w/biotin.

Taya

MissFallon said:
Biotin made my hair thicker and helped it grow. MSM made it softer and kind a changed the texture.
Same here but noticed more growth and thickness once I took a higher dosage of the biotin(when I start taking 1500 mcgs 2x a day) that was Rexall brand.I was also taking Folicure hair vitamins( so maybe w/the 3000mcgs and hair vitamins it helped grow fast).I've always taken only 2,000 mg of MSM(out of the few brands I've tried) The MSM also helped w/ hip pain that I had during pregnancy and after giving birth( when I walked felt like my hip was dislocated).

newslady

When I took MSM and Flaxseed oil pills my texture loosened up.
Previously, I needed a relaxer every 5 weeks.
After taking these combined, I was able FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, to stretch to 8 weeks.

However, I'm concerned the Flaxseed kept me from losing weight.
I've stopped taking it for now.

But I've moved up to MSM powder (4,000 mg) bought from the Whole Foods store and started taking 2,000 mg biotin everday.

I'm on the pill and my period started a day later this month so I'm wondering if I'll also have a *lighter* period because of these vitamins.

LoveLiLi

I've only been taking MSM for a little over a month, so I have yet to experience all the benefits, but my skin looks healthier and my hair has grown out faster. I got a horrible zit after three weeks of taking MSM and it is still not completely gone (almost there :) ), but my skin in general looks better. I think the pimple was due to my taking the capsules for a month.
I've tried biotin a few times and it always breaks me out all across my face and the breakouts show no sign of stopping when I'm on it, so I'm done with biotin for good. A face full of pimples is not a good trade-off for longer nails.

ThinNnappy

newslady said:
When I took MSM and Flaxseed oil pills my texture loosened up.
Previously, I needed a relaxer every 5 weeks.
After taking these combined, I was able FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, to stretch to 8 weeks.

However, I'm concerned the Flaxseed kept me from losing weight.
I've stopped taking it for now.

But I've moved up to MSM powder (4,000 mg) bought from the Whole Foods store and started taking 2,000 mg biotin everday.

I'm on the pill and my period started a day later this month so I'm wondering if I'll also have a *lighter* period because of these vitamins.

I had a lighter one-Thats always good for me
OT-what is that mans name in the picture?

ThinNnappy

Khalia27 said:
I've only been taking MSM for a little over a month, so I have yet to experience all the benefits, but my skin looks healthier and my hair has grown out faster. I got a horrible zit after three weeks of taking MSM and it is still not completely gone (almost there :) ), but my skin in general looks better. I think the pimple was due to my taking the capsules for a month.
I've tried biotin a few times and it always breaks me out all across my face and the breakouts show no sign of stopping when I'm on it, so I'm done with biotin for good. A face full of pimples is not a good trade-off for longer nails.

Same w/me. Never had pimples b4 untill that stuff-no good at all

newslady

ThinNnappy said:
I had a lighter one-Thats always good for me
OT-what is that mans name in the picture?

Mr. Eko from Lost but lots of folks know him from the HBO show about prison life but I can't remember the name.

Tashique

His name is Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and he used to be in OZ USA Prison drama - he was also in 50 cents movie

scorpian

MSM has helped my skin a lot.(pwder Vitamin shoppe)I've never had problems with breakouts or acne but I was born with bags under my eyes I've always used creams to reduce puffiness.The bags have smoothed out and I don't need the topical under eye creams.My skin looks firm.MSM has also helped with my back pain(crooked spine that got worse after my kids)

Biotin had my nails strong and long for the first time ever(my nails were always short and brittle)I stopped taking the biotin for a while(lazy)and the nails all broke and they are short again I have to add the biotin back into my regimen

Shaniquah

Khalia27 said:

Biotin, lawd LAWD I was a hot mess!! The worst of it is gone, but they're still hanging around.

*for everyone* so how long did the breakouts last for MSM? Immediately after I started them the breakouts started, which is why I quit so soon. But I'm thinking of trying the MSM again, but I may have to go into hiding for a minute if the breakouts were as bad as Biotin...

ThinNnappy

scorpian said:
MSM has helped my skin a lot.(pwder Vitamin shoppe)I've never had problems with breakouts or acne but I was born with bags under my eyes I've always used creams to reduce puffiness.The bags have smoothed out and I don't need the topical under eye creams.My skin looks firm.MSM has also helped with my back pain(crooked spine that got worse after my kids)

Biotin had my nails strong and long for the first time ever(my nails were always short and brittle)I stopped taking the biotin for a while(lazy)and the nails all broke and they are short again I have to add the biotin back into my regimen

I know, once i stopped because of bumps, nails were gone.-but since hte nails grew so quick with biotin i was wondering if the hair did to, i wanted to let go of one of them, but from the poll and what u said, i think ima go ahead & keep both as well.

Candy_C

biotin makes my hair grow aswell as my other vits..

msm broke me out bad

biotin and msm both contain sulphur...msm having more, so u know i looked like a pizza!!!!

i've left msm and just take my biotin. my spots went rapidly

Brownshugaz

damn it. i already have skin issues. i don't need anymore. but here i go with the biotin and msm anyway. i'll just drown myself in water.

mommatide

yall can have that msm. as if the headache was not bad enough, then came the crazy dreams. i have not had a decent nights sleep since. my sleep pattern is all jacked up, so i gave it to my husband.

i'll stick with biotin and horsetail

ThinNnappy

Crazy dreams? i thought they were just vivd-, i guess neither is better w/the breakouts though, i thought people had the worst skin w/biotin, but its probally more just the person

MzOptimistic

I take biotin and gueye vits...I use to get pimples really bad as a teenager and into my early 20's...I am now 31 and I get an occassional pimple but it goes away...I take biotin every nite...I take something like 3,000 mg of biotin and no pimps thank god...I do not take msm because I think I take enough vits...I take 2 biotin 1,000 mg, 2 gueye vits, 2 shen min vits...and my hair is growing fast and nails aw stop it...I cut my nails because I could not type at work and I'll be damn if they was not back within 2 weeks long as ever...

*edited* 10/03/06...I am no longer taking shen min, and gueye vitamins. I dropped those bad boys 2 months ago...and now I am taking nioxin...and that is where I'm going to stay...got a year's supply....I ordered the Puritans Pride 5 mg of Biotin and took those for a couple of days and got a big ugly huge pimple on my chin...so I stopped taking those and the next couple of days the pimple went away...soooo.....I'm back to taking 2,000 mcg of Biotin (what I was taking before I upped the dose)

*edited* AGAIN.....01/10/07....I have jumped back on board with the 5mg of Biotin and stuck it out...I no longer get pimples but an occassional one around my monthly....5mg of biotin is growing my hair like crazy along with my other vitamins.

Last edited:

Candy_C

i've been taking biotin for about a year now, i've had crazy mad growth!

i took msm for a while and i wasgettin terrible headaches and pimpls, even tho i could see visable growth after a week...

i take all my vits at night..they work better that way :)

Blaque*Angel

i might have to give up Biotin, or cut down!!! i do not like having unwanted body hair:( it has thickened up my hair on my head a lot...
but now i have hair on my legs (first time in my life)my arms, wow a few on my chest too...:mad: not good....

MSM has made my hair more manageable, you have to drink a LOT OF WATER to avoid side effects of horrible spots.

KhandiB

I have only been taking MSM for almost 3 weeks and only thing I have noticed so far is my nails grew really fast and my face is glowing :D

Shaniquah

How long do the side effects for MSM last?! I get migraines anyway, but I'm always soooo groggy that I've had to take it at night! (Makes me sleep like a log though :perplexed )
*let's not talk about the dang breakouts!!!!! :mad: )