Can I conditioner-wash after an egg protein...???

Use conditioner wash after an egg prepoo...???

• Total voters

SherylsTresses

Can I conditioner-wash after an egg prepoo...???

:yep: I want to do a egg prepoo and follow-up with a conditioner wash. I prefer to use shampoo ONLY when I clarify which is every 6 weeks. Would it be okay to do the conditioner wash afterwards or should I go ahead and use a shampoo...??? :rolleyes:

ETA: Have you ever prepoo'ed overnight with a protein conditioner? Do you recommend it?

Last edited:

MonPetite

It's a fantastic idea, actually. Just be sure your conditioner is truly MOISTURIZING. You don't want a layer of protein conditioner on strands that have just been treated with egg proteins!

beans4reezy

I would think a cowash would be added moisture that you need after an egg treatment, good idea. I just wouldn't keep protien in my hair overnight though.

Aggie

Egg treatments in my opinion are pretty strong protein treatments and I would be very concerned about leaving such a strong protein on the hair that long. In my opinion, proteins should not stay on the hair for more than an hour(I could be wrong), it really makes the hair quite hard. If you do decide to do the treatment, reduce the time of the treatment and make sure to do a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment afterwards for at least 30 minutes with heat preferrably.

SherylsTresses

Egg treatments in my opinion are pretty strong protein treatments and I would be very concerned about leaving such a strong protein on the hair that long. In my opinion, proteins should not stay on the hair for more than an hour(I could be wrong), it really makes the hair quite hard. If you do decide to do the treatment, reduce the time of the treatment and make sure to do a moisturizing deep conditioning treatment afterwards for at least 30 minutes with heat preferrably.

Okay. I am going to leave the egg and ORS Mayo on for about 30 mins, conditioner-wash, then dc for 45 mins w/ heat. I should included this info... As for protein conditioners, I definitely won't sleep in them. Thanks.

Urban

I do an egg treatment (not over night tho'). I leave it for an hour at most, rinse and cowash with moisture milks or some other moisturizing conditioner.

Anaksunamon

With the egg treatment do you use regular eggs and just scramble them?

Or do you remove the yolks?

My mom treated dandruff on me with just whites when I was little, but then when she washed it out the water was a bit on the warm side. LOL

msa

Okay. I am going to leave the egg and ORS Mayo on for about 30 mins, conditioner-wash, then dc for 45 mins w/ heat. I should included this info... As for protein conditioners, I definitely won't sleep in them. Thanks.

Sounds good. Just make sure to rinse the egg mix out with cool or warm water. You don't want to cook it in your hair.

With the egg treatment do you use regular eggs and just scramble them?

Or do you remove the yolks?

My mom treated dandruff on me with just whites when I was little, but then when she washed it out the water was a bit on the warm side. LOL

From what I've read, most people mix the whole egg in with their conditioner or something else like mayo or an oil.

simplie_lovable

Funny that you asked I just did that a couple of hours ago. I did the egg protein with EVOO, and castor oil. Put it in my hair for 20 minutes the did my co-wash. Got out of the shower took the excess water with I out some garnier fructis leave in conditioning cream now have it braided hair dryig