What happens if you use neutralizing shampoo on natural hair?

MystiqueBabe

My hair is 85% natural now. I had bought a lye relaxer at the BSS several months ago and got the shampoo too. Since I am not relaxing my hair again I threw away the relaxer tub but I still have the shampoo.

What would happen if I use it on my hair? It is safe to use or should I throw it away as well? I hate throwing money in the trash since it is a big bottle.

Mz.MoMo5235

It's fine to use. Also if you use Nair or something you can use it to wash it off to make sure you don't burn your self

I'm not illiterate. It's my phones auto correct

Evolving78

do you know the ph balance on it? i think it will dry the hair out. it is used to bring the hair back to a normal balance, so it would be very acidic.

MystiqueBabe

do you know the ph balance on it? i think it will dry the hair out. it is used to bring the hair back to a normal balance, so it would be very acidic.

No I don't. But its the CoN Neutralizing shampoo. I haven't used it yet though but I think it would have a clarifying effect as well.

Evolving78

try it on a small area and see how it works! after you use that, use a moisturizing shampoo next. after that, use a rinse out conditioner, before you deep conditoner your hair. the rinse out will help out more to soften your hair. my neutralizing shampoo is also a chelating shampoo. it is by Mizani Butter Bath. it doesn't dry or strip my hair at all.

Lylddlebit

I have used that isoplus neutralizing shampoo many times on my hair. Whenever I visit my mom's house she always has a bottle. I never thought anything about it until now. It works like any other shampoo.