Question Mention Feature?

Aireen

Is the mention feature back? If so how exactly do we use it now? I think I saw someone use it recently and I'm not currently aware on how to use it as the site has been switched back to the original layout.

Aireen

Aireen

The mention feature has been restored. Enjoy :)

Thanks! Just two more things. How do we know we get mentioned/tagged? Before we used to get a notification that would refer us to the post, right? Like for this post, I didn't get notified of the mention that you just did for me. Also how do we use it? Like, "@insertusernamehere"?

Last edited:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
You should be able to see it in your notifications bar (where it says at the top "welcome Aireen...... private messages....). That links to your profile where you can see where you got mentioned.

Aireen

You should be able to see it in your notifications bar (where it says at the top "welcome Aireen...... private messages....). That links to your profile where you can see where you got mentioned.

Okay thanks. I didn't get a notification though. I only realized when I saw that you replied to this thread on the main page but thanks for bringing back the feature.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Just tested it and it works. You will see the notification in the same area where you see your private messages (top navigation bar).

Aireen Check it out :)

Krystle~Hime

Please I seriouslly dunno how to mention someone.
I type the name like dimopoulos , selected the text and click on "mention" but it appears like a "@"
example : (I'm gonna try to mention dimopoulos)

[USER]dimopoulos[/USER]

2nd try:
dimopoulos

Krystle~Hime

okay..... it works:lol:.... but it's the first time since when I'm here that it works for me and I think it's not gonna work at everytime :nono:

Aireen

okay..... it works:lol:.... but it's the first time since when I'm here that it works for me and I think it's not gonna work at everytime :nono:

When you go to the advanced page to write a comment there is a blue speaker on the far right above the space to right your reply. Click that then write the person's name. Attempt #1: Krystle~Hime

ETA: It works. :)

Last edited:

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
You need to click the Advanced reply ('go advanced')

Alternatively, just put the @ sign before the username :)

Krystle~Hime

Wow... I don't have this o_o
is this normal?
i'm in advanced reply
in anycase, thanks for your help.

Attachments

• lhcf.jpg
    lhcf.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 78

Fine 4s

I had a mention message when I first logged in but when I clicked on it, it didn't take me to any page or post. So, I have no idea what was mentioned or who had a question for me. This was a few weeks ago I belive. Is there a way to check now?

HELP!

Aireen

I had a mention message when I first logged in but when I clicked on it, it didn't take me to any page or post. So, I have no idea what was mentioned or who had a question for me. This was a few weeks ago I belive. Is there a way to check now?

HELP!

Fine 4s - You can check your mentions again via your profile. Next to the friends tab there's a '>>' tab, click that and then click on 'Mentions'. You should see every thread that has your username mentioned.

sleepflower

I just had the thing where it says I have a new mention, but when I look at my profile (and search for my name) nothing comes up. Hmmm. Is there a reason why this is?

Makenzie

I just had the thing where it says I have a new mention, but when I look at my profile (and search for my name) nothing comes up. Hmmm. Is there a reason why this is?

I am having this same issue. I have a mention, but can't find it.

ETA: I found it.:yay:

Last edited:

sleepflower

^^How?

I am guessing whoever mentioned me edited it back out, like they got the wrong name or just deleted their post.