Votes: 28 24.6%
  • Never!

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 18 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkHair

I do mine once a day or every other day. My scalp starts to tingle after a while, so I assume it does help with growth.

supermodelsonya

I don't know if it does but my scalp sure seems to love it. My scalp feels alive when I do it. Even if it doesn't help me get a centimeter of growth, they are pretty enjoyable.

I every now and then, it feels good, and I do see a difference in my new growth after a while..I need to do it more, but I can't see myself doing it for more than 10 mins!

Nonie

Twice a week (during wash days). Other times I just do the scalp exercise. I don't know if it helps with growth but I do believe that keeping one's scalp supple and flexible can help prevent hair loss and balding, not to mention that massage promotes blood circulation ensuring your hair is getting the nourishment it needs to be healthy.

pisceschica

I don't know about growth but it definetely helps blood flow which could in turn help growth. . I am giong to ebay to buy a massaging brush. ..

LABETT

I bought a scalp massage brush from TJ Maxx and it works great and I massage my scalp every night until I get too much newgrowth.
I have seen a difference in my hair growth vs when I never massaged my scalp.

longhairdreamzz

I love scalp massages. I never miss a day. I believe it helps with a hair growth alot. I usually dedicate at least 15 - 30 minutes to it daily. It feels really good, too. :)

Sugarhoneyicetea

I need to get on scalp massages, I usually do them 2x a week for about 15 minutes at a time. I love to massage my scalp while pre-pooing but admit I haven't been consistent with adding it to my reggie. I think I will start every other day and go from there.

strawbearysweet

For the past week I have been doing it twice a day for 5 mins each. I absolutely love when people massage my scalp for me but it just doesn't feel the same when I do it myself. :(

BrooklynSouth

I apply my night time leave-in then shea butter mixture, put on silk scarf then use a very flexible comb to scritch away to sleep!

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I've started doing it daily to try to combat my increased shedding. I oil my scalp nightly with herb infused coconut/castor oil so I figured this would work along with it. So far it's helped a little bit, i'm shedding about 10-15 hairs a day down from about 20 (or more) a day from last week. I don't think it will affect my growth much...that's ok i just want what i have to stay where it is.

Bellanica

I massage a couple of times a day while watching TV or before going to sleep at night. It helps to stimulate circulation and it takes away stress. Both of which can affect hair growth. It also lets me know how my scalp is doing. I notice any changes in my scalp, if a product is too harsh and has caused a bump or sore, and it helps get rid of any flakes or product build up.

yuriko

I don't see much benefit with messing with my hair everyday. I mean it feels great when my man does this, but I don't think that it will make me waist length

Leeda.the.Paladin

I just do it if my scalp is itchy. I think massaging helps more so than the oils, but some oils are supposed to encourage growth so I don't know.

fobaker

I like to scalp massage every night with warm ayurvedic oils. I've been doing this since November and my hair is much thicker.

Candycat02

I don't see much benefit with messing with my hair everyday. I mean it feels great when my man does this, but I don't think that it will make me waist length

Same, I make my bf do it maybe once or twice a week, other than that I may sub-consciously do it when co-washing or shampooing my hair.

Pooks

I used to scalp massage every night, now its down to maybe twice a week when I oil my scalp. Maybe I will have to increase again, but do it dry...

Nonie, what's the scalp exercise???

Twice a week (during wash days). Other times I just do the scalp exercise. I don't know if it helps with growth but I do believe that keeping one's scalp supple and flexible can help prevent hair loss and balding, not to mention that massage promotes blood circulation ensuring your hair is getting the nourishment it needs to be healthy.

BlondeByDesire

how are you doing this without getting your hair all poofy in the middle - and then trying to smooth back into that pony? I do it but not often for this reason.

KiniKakes

I voted never. I'm to lazy. Seems like it will help with growth

Ditto.

Im not for or against it.... Ive just always been too lazy to stick with it consistently enough to see if there are actual results. I know many folks who swear by it though!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I love daily scalp massages because I know, for Me, they Stimulate Growth by Increasing Blood Flow and Circulation to the Scalp.

I bend my head down and then begin to massage with the balls of my fingers. From back to front for several minutes.

You can actually feel the blood flow begin to circulate immediately. I try to focus or pay special attention to what ever problem areas I am having i.e. temples, crown, nape etc....

I truly Believe It really does work. And it's a Great Stresss Reliever.:grin: