Has anyone tried Reshma Henna?

meverllyn1

I went to the Indian store to purchase some neutral henna, she didn't have cassia. She told me reshma henna will not change the color. I don't know, I'm confused. Wondering has anyone tried it, is it a good henna and will it change the color of my hair? I have heard alot about henna as a good conditioner.

She also had amla oil, so I purchased some. What is it good for? I read the ingredients and it has mineral oil in it, I have heard that mineral oil isn't good for your hair. I need some advice from all the hair experts.

Any reply will be very appreciated.

JLove74

meverllyn1 said:
I went to the Indian store to purchase some neutral henna, she didn't have cassia. She told me reshma henna will not change the color. I don't know, I'm confused. Wondering has anyone tried it, is it a good henna and will it change the color of my hair? I have heard alot about henna as a good conditioner.

She also had amla oil, so I purchased some. What is it good for? I read the ingredients and it has mineral oil in it, I have heard that mineral oil isn't good for your hair. I need some advice from all the hair experts.

I use Reshma and really like it. It will change th color of your hair. I have some pics in my album in my siggy.

Amla oil is great for doing pre-poos and adding to your henna mixture. It's also great for darkening your hair. I don't pay too much attention to it having mineral oil, becuase it agrees with some peoples hair and not others:confused:

ak46

JLove74 said:
I use Reshma and really like it. It will change th color of your hair. I have some pics in my album in my siggy.

Amla oil is great for doing pre-poos and adding to your henna mixture. It's also great for darkening your hair. I don't pay too much attention to it having mineral oil, becuase it agrees with some peoples hair and not others:confused:

:) JLove, I am so happy to know that you use Reshma henna because that's the kind I bought but I've been afraid to use it. But after seeing the results on your hair, I'm definitely more anxious than scared to try it. I also bought the Alma powder as well. I can't wait. :grin:

tsiporah

meverllyn1 said:

I have a box waiting. I will let you know when I use it ok? :D I should be using it this week or next.

ak46

meverllyn1 said:

meverllyn1, I will be trying mine next weekend. I will be mixing alma powder (which I also got from a local indian store) with the Reshma henna. I will not let my mix sit out though because I do not want the henna to change my hair color, I just want the conditioning benefits. I update when I do it :)

cmw45

I finally found and Indian shop and they told me that the Reshma Henna was great for your hair (after they got over their initial shock that I was there:eek: :lol: :D ). But I don't want to change the color of my hair so I ended up buying Shikakai which is also sold by Hesh (the manufacturers of Reshma Henna.) It says that it is a great hair conditioner and is used to clean the scalp and threat dandruff. I plan to use it once I take my braids out.

JLove74

ak46 said:
meverllyn1, I will be trying mine next weekend. I will be mixing alma powder (which I also got from a local indian store) with the Reshma henna. I will not let my mix sit out though because I do not want the henna to change my hair color, I just want the conditioning benefits. I update when I do it :)

I will tell you thiss too about Reshma - it's export quality (the good stuff) and only takes about 4-5 hours for the color to release. So some color will release, may not be as much, but some will release. Add more Amla to your mix, maybe do a 2:1 (ratio), no lemon juice (or it will really release :) )

ak46

meverllyn1 said:
AK46, How do you keep it from changing the color of your hair, why do you mix it with alma powder?

why do you mix it with alma powder?
I haven't actually done it yet but I'm going to mix it with alma powder because it's supposed to be used to darken the hair. I heard that mixing alma or indigo with henna will make your hair come out a darker color than just using henna alone.

How do you keep it from changing the color of your hair
I've heard that if you do not let the mix sit out for a few hours like most people do, the color won't release as much and your hair won't get as much color from the henna.

...I think I'm going to mix the alma separate from the henna, let it sit out for a couple hours, and then mix the henna and add the alma mix to it. I'll probably keep it on for about 30 minutes and I might sit under a hooded dryer.

ak46

JLove74 said:
I will tell you thiss too about Reshma - it's export quality (the good stuff) and only takes about 4-5 hours for the color to release. So some color will release, may not be as much, but some will release. Add more Amla to your mix, maybe do a 2:1 (ratio), no lemon juice (or it will really release :) )

Thanks for your advice. I'll try that ratio.:)

meverllyn1

Thanks, :D I'm trying to get me a simplify regimen for my hair. There's so much to pick from. I have only been on this board for a month, I have learned alot from you guys.

I'm going to mix up some henna, and left it sit to see how long it takes for it's color to release. Then I'll know when to rinse it out before it release. I got some alma powder, I might add some to it. Is it 2 alma to 1 henna? When alma release, will the color be black or dark brown?

JLove74

meverllyn1 said:
Thanks, :D I'm trying to get me a simplify regimen for my hair. There's so much to pick from. I have only been on this board for a month, I have learned alot from you guys.

I'm going to mix up some henna, and left it sit to see how long it takes for it's color to release. Then I'll know when to rinse it out before it release. I got some alma powder, I might add some to it. Is it 2 alma to 1 henna? When alma release, will the color be black or dark brown?

you don't have to wait for the amla to release, you can just mix it in with the henna. It will give you some darkness - can't say if it's black or dark brown..

meverllyn1

Jlove, have you tried cassia or hennalucent? I have only henna once with hennalucent neutral. From what I have read on other posts, the real henna condition much better. I want my hair to be really healthy. I'm trying to get over a bad perm. All I have now is new growth (which is about 3 inches).

JLove74

meverllyn1 said:
Jlove, have you tried cassia or hennalucent? I have only henna once with hennalucent neutral. From what I have read on other posts, the real henna condition much better. I want my hair to be really healthy. I'm trying to get over a bad perm. All I have now is new growth (which is about 3 inches).

I've never tried hennalucent, only Cassia, Henna & Amla. I still use cassia and amla, mixing them into my henna. Some people say that cassia isn't as conditioning as henna, but it's great for me. I alternate weekly between henna and cassia or amla.