YOUR BEST SEW-IN EVER!!!

Beautytalk69

I need to see your best sew-in ever.
Please include what kind of hair was used.
How much hair was left out
What pattern was your hair braided..vertical, horizontal, or around
How many packs where used.
How you maintained it..
and how long it last

I want details. June is my grown and sexy month. First year anniversary and my b-day..so I need to look good! TIA!

beana

I dont have pics here at work but i'll do my best to answer

I need to see your best sew-in ever.
Please include what kind of hair was used.- Hair esthetics cuticle kinky straight

How much hair was left out- a horseshoe, and full perimeter in case i want to wear a high ponytail, etc

What pattern was your hair braided..vertical, horizontal, or around- straight backs with 2 braids at sides from top of head to ear

How many packs where used.- i NEVER use more than one pack. I always get 12" and i always have about one 5" piece left. So i use just shy of 4oz's

How you maintained it..- I wash every 10-14 days, and flat iron both the weave and leave out. I dont do anything special to the hair because products make it clump and look dirty quicker. I moisturize my leave out/perimeter as needed.

and how long it last- I re-do them every 6-8 weeks

I want details. June is my grown and sexy month. First year anniversary and my b-day..so I need to look good! TIA!

Shananyganz

Please keep in mind that all of the below is Pre-LHCF…so yea = )

Please include what kind of hair was used: I used Outre Remy Velvet in 12 and 14 inches color #2

How much hair was left out: My stylist left out a horseshoe at the top and my edges. I had a side part and NO versatility, that was the one thing I hated about this weave (couldn't change up the part).

What pattern was your hair braided..vertical, horizontal, or around: I cannot recall my braid pattern I think it was a beehive..not sure. What I can say is that the braids were very night and compact. The weave laid so flat!!
(this was the VERY thing I love about this weave. It laid SO flat). Also, my stylist used a net.

How many packs where used: I used a little under 2 packs. All of the 14" on the bottom and 3/4 of the 12" at top. My stylist also went back in and layered the MESS out of it so that it blended naturally with my hair.

How you maintained it: Every 2 weeks I washed and deep conditioned (using Pantene products). I had this weave when I was relaxed, so I would relax the front and the edges; for the life of the weave, I think I relaxed 3 times. On my wash days, I would do a thorough flat iron and just kept it in a wrap by cross-wrapping at night. I didn’t put any product in it outside of shampoo and conditioner. Also, I took care of the maintainence myself; just went to my stylist for the install and cut.

and how long it last: I got this weave July 26, 2008 and took it out November 14, 2008…so 3 1/2 months and could have gone maybe another 15 to 30 days more. This was my very first sew-in weave and I didn't know that 3 1/2 months was a long time....

HTH

~S~

ETA: I have to look for the actual pic..my bad. More to come...

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Please include what kind of hair was used: I used BSS hair- VIP envy Remy. 12 inches. This hair runs long.. so it looks more like a 14 inch (I'm 5'4)

How much hair was left out: No hair left out

What pattern was your hair braided..vertical, horizontal, or around: straight back.

How many packs where used: 1.5

How you maintained it: Every week I washed and deep conditioned. Blow dried and restyled. I made sure that my braids were fully dried.. and I moisturized every couple of days.

and how long it last: 3 months

Blowdried:

Curled (with flat iron):

meesch

yeezytotme

curled

shampooed

straight

Please include what kind of hair was used.
wagman's virgin wefted

How much hair was left out
little bangs, little around the perimeter for a ponytail

What pattern was your hair braided..vertical, horizontal, or around
circle

How many packs where used.
two bundles

How you maintained it..
washed it and/or wore it straight, either in a ponytail or down

and how long it last
lasted bout 6 months with this particular sew in

MaryJane3000

meesch !!!!!! OMG I love that hair! I need more specifics on the name of that. Wagmans curly? deep curly? How many inches? That's my next hair purchase right there! Also, are you natural, relaxed, or transitioning?

meesch

yeezytotme
gosh... that was over a year ago, probably two actually, and since then i've given up sew ins... even though if i don't get a better handle on my hair i may have to go back :nono: but i was natural then. the length was probably whatever length is before 23 inches. if i am remembering correctly, 98.9% sure i am, it was "natural curly"... which would be this, i think

http://www.wagmanhair.com/product_details.php?id=113

i remember my sew ins running bout $500, and it was $200 for the install, so i'm thinking the bundles of hair were around $150 apiece... i can tell you for sure it was the "real" virgin hair, not the perfectress line.